Dabpress Rosin Plates

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I always seem to press on Friday nights. It’s a nice way to unwind from the week. Throw on some tunes and I’m in business.

This is the result of the last eighth of some Gorilla Glue I got back in November. Pressed darker than before, but it didn’t lose any of its really nice flavor.

Pressed at 195F for 2:30min. Came out just under .9 for over 24% return on the first press.

I am finding with the 3 ton press I can crank the pressure pretty high and not get any off color in the material. In fact, I think it might actually help get more quality yield on the first press leaving less for the 2nd. Although doing this the 2nd press is almost always pretty green in color.

I am usually pressing 2-4 grams at a time, fyi.

@anda1anda2 I remember your posts from when you first got your 3 ton unit. I have been eyeing that same bj3t33 unit and would take notice whenever anyone would talk about it. I will probably be pressing 2-4 grams at a time also.

You're getting some real nice results lately, great looking rosin. At first, you were not getting the yields you had hoped for. May I ask, what have you learned over time? I imagine some of it is just practicing and getting to know your press.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@LongDraw hope that pump gets to you soon! I guess this will give you time to get the rest of your pressing affairs in order. Parchment paper, filters, DIY pre-press mold? Thanks for your initial impression on your rosin press :tup:

There should be 4x rubber feet you attach to the front legs on the press for tilting forward for driptech. Yes we do include some extras in the event there is wear and tear.

The extra male coupler is what is on the end of the hydraulic hose, we recommend for rosineers to replace it with the included part if they are not using a strongway pump.

Most of the parts are easy to replace if you have a few tools. The cylinder/bottle jacks are a little bit of a challenge due to the springs installed on the presses, usually a couple of pieces of plywood can be used to add height to the bottom plate so the jack can be removed easily. The heating rods are also not the most simple replacement, you will need wire cutters and a crimp to rewire the power inside the rosin control box. The heating rods have a fairly long life.

@anda1anda2 nice looking sap there :clap: You sure are getting along well with your press. 24% yield is excellent! :drool:

btka

I tried yesterday the first time my 10 ton dabpress. It worked very well and the return was more or less 20% (I am very happy) ... I pressed with 200F and 1250psi for 3 mins... I am very impressed of this press (quality) and the service from dabpress and help of @psychonaut of course...

I can recommend this press for people intressted in pressing rosin... I am more then happy and impressed I bought my dabpress!

Thank you dabpress and @psychonaut!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I tried yesterday the first time my 10 ton dabpress. It worked very well and the return was more or less 20% (I am very happy) ... I pressed with 200F and 1250psi for 3 mins... I am very impressed of this press (quality) and the service from dabpress and help of @psychonaut of course...

I can recommend this press for people intressted in pressing rosin... I am more then happy and impressed I bought my dabpress!

Thank you dabpress and @psychonaut!

That is great news! First press and 20% yield would make me very happy as well :nod: I look forward to hearing more about your pressing efforts :tup:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Howdy FC!

For our customers who have purchased through ebay or amazon, we offer a free gift for your unbiased review. Please see the details below.

HOW TO GET A FREE GIFT

Post Your Unbiased Product Review on Amazon & eBay After Buying Products Listed As Below:

Please Note!

• You Have A Verified Purchase of the Listed Products Above, and Left Your Unbiased Review.
  • We Can't Offer Free Gift If You Only Leave the Feedback on Amazon, eBay or Other Platform. Please Write the Product Review, too!
  • We Will Ship Freebie Once Review is Posted on Ebay or Amazon (Verified Purchase).
  • Please Email Us Your Order Number for Delivery.
  • Please Send Your Posted Review Screenshot to support@dabpress.com
What Kind of Free Gift?

Please Note!

• We Randomly Choose Only One Free Gift to You. Typically, Dab Tools Kit to American & Canada Customer.
  • We Are Going to Ship A Package of Filters or Cylinder PrePress Mold Instead Once Bamboo Dab Tools Kit Is out of Stock in the Local Warehouse. ( Canada & USA )

This promotion is for a limited time, thank you for your business!

Last edited:

Elbuort19

Can't tell you how long Ive been waiting to finally have one in my hands,
pm40R stainless pre-press...rly have to watch out to not drop it on the floor and I am cert. not fearing for the prepress lol :D :D :D

23moohw.jpg

40mm are still my favorite size of pucks, thanks again Dabpress Team..u know how to keep ur customers happy :D :D

Excited for the upcoming cooling plate :) :D

Out with the old and in with the new. BTW I dropped my dp-pm40R and it was unscathed but it took a big chip out of my concrete floor. lol

dp-pm40r%201k_zpsvzn2sowe.jpg

anda1anda2

@anda1anda2 I remember your posts from when you first got your 3 ton unit. I have been eyeing that same bj3t33 unit and would take notice whenever anyone would talk about it. I will probably be pressing 2-4 grams at a time also.

You're getting some real nice results lately, great looking rosin. At first, you were not getting the yields you had hoped for. May I ask, what have you learned over time? I imagine some of it is just practicing and getting to know your press.
Thanks man. I had typed up a long reply several days ago, but I never got around to finishing it and now it looks like I didn’t save it. :doh:

I still have some different approaches I want to try out, but I have found most of the commonly suggested techniques here are a great place to start as far as producing quality rosin with good yields.

Using properly hydrated herb pre-pucked and pressed in a nylon filter bag jar tech style is pretty much my default starting routine.

I read someone on here suggest starting at 200F for 3 minutes and think that was good advice. I’ve inched lower on time and temp, but those settings are a good place to practice.

I’m super happy with the 3-ton and haven’t seen need for me to have gone any bigger in tonnage. Plus all the users and advice here has been clutch. No complaints here.

Just did this one tonight:

1/8th of Mag Landrace from Ataraxia, one of the better MMJ cultivators in illinois, IMO.

190F for 3:00min. It was really flowing at 2:30 so I let it go a bit longer.

3.58g in .956 out for 26.6% on the first press. Probably got another 2% on a 2nd press at 210F that went into the edibles jar. It was some really fine looking herb so glad the yield followed suit.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks man. I had typed up a long reply several days ago, but I never got around to finishing it and now it looks like I didn’t save it. :doh:

I still have some different approaches I want to try out, but I have found most of the commonly suggested techniques here are a great place to start as far as producing quality rosin with good yields.

Using properly hydrated herb pre-pucked and pressed in a nylon filter bag jar tech style is pretty much my default starting routine.

I read someone on here suggest starting at 200F for 3 minutes and think that was good advice. I’ve inched lower on time and temp, but those settings are a good place to practice.

I’m super happy with the 3-ton and haven’t seen need for me to have gone any bigger in tonnage. Plus all the users and advice here has been clutch. No complaints here.

Just did this one tonight:

1/8th of Mag Landrace from Ataraxia, one of the better MMJ cultivators in illinois, IMO.

190F for 3:00min. It was really flowing at 2:30 so I let it go a bit longer.

3.58g in .956 out for 26.6% on the first press. Probably got another 2% on a 2nd press at 210F that went into the edibles jar. It was some really fine looking herb so glad the yield followed suit.

Thanks for the info. Love the light color of the rosin you're getting. I'm probably in on a 3 ton press when 420 rolls around.

Around here concentrates are not that cheap and rosin is about $50-70 a gram, but good flower can be had for 5 bucks a gram or less so it seems to be worth it to DIY and know what going into your concentrates.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Happy Friday FC!

With the inconsistent availability over the past several months on the strongway pump with gauge from Northern Tool & Equipment, we are looking at long term solutions to pair a pump with the hr10t35v rosin press.

BVA Hydraulics are supported in America and have a Lifetime Warranty. Their pricing is considerably more than Strongway and Porta Power, but the warranty should cover the cost with peace of mind.

What we will be testing in the coming weeks is BVA Hydraulics P1000 2-stage hydraulic hand pump and BVA CS3814 hydraulic hose. Not only is this pump suited to 10-ton cylinders, it is also suited to 15 and 20 ton cylinders. The compatibility issue with our press is that this is a 3/8" NPT pump and hose, so a reducer (BVA CA3814) would be required to pair it to our press in it's current configuration.

Roger is working on a 3/8" to 1/4" converter or adapter of some sort, so no matter what pump path a rosineer takes, they can pair their pump to the hr10t35v rosin press.

Baron23

Happy Friday FC!

With the inconsistent availability over the past several months on the strongway pump with gauge from Northern Tool & Equipment, we are looking at long term solutions to pair a pump with the hr10t35v rosin press.

BVA Hydraulics are supported in America and have a Lifetime Warranty. Their pricing is considerably more than Strongway and Porta Power, but the warranty should cover the cost with peace of mind.

What we will be testing in the coming weeks is BVA Hydraulics P1000 2-stage hydraulic hand pump and BVA CS3814 hydraulic hose. Not only is this pump suited to 10-ton cylinders, it is also suited to 15 and 20 ton cylinders. The compatibility issue with our press is that this is a 3/8" NPT pump and hose, so a reducer (BVA CA3814) would be required to pair it to our press in it's current configuration.

Roger is working on a 3/8" to 1/4" converter or adapter of some sort, so no matter what pump path a rosineer takes, they can pair their pump to the hr10t35v rosin press.
BVA is indeed expensive but they are also bullet proof. Put one next to the Strongway and you can immediately see the difference. But they are pricey.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
With a lifetime warranty, that gives us peace of mind pairing it with our press. I am starting to think the general consumer market for auto body repair that uses hydraulic hand pumps is fading. I spoke with a rep at Torin and they are building long bottle jack ram's to do the same job as a porta power kit does and its cheaper.

You can find a BVA P1000 pump on sale online in the US for about $255, you need a 3/8" NPT hose which is $35. A 3/8" gauge kit is $50 from another vendor. Reducer is $12. Then the included male 1/4" quick coupler can pair to the press. Before shipping $350 USD.

We've got these parts listed on the hr10t35v page on our webstore so rosineers purchase the right parts if they want to use BVA pump setup.

JCat

Accessory Maker
With a lifetime warranty, that gives us peace of mind pairing it with our press. I am starting to think the general consumer market for auto body repair that uses hydraulic hand pumps is fading. I spoke with a rep at Torin and they are building long bottle jack ram's to do the same job as a porta power kit does and its cheaper.

You can find a BVA P1000 pump on sale online in the US for about $255, you need a 3/8" NPT hose which is $35. A 3/8" gauge kit is $50 from another vendor. Reducer is $12. Then the included male 1/4" quick coupler can pair to the press. Before shipping $350 USD.

We've got these parts listed on the hr10t35v page on our webstore so rosineers purchase the right parts if they want to use BVA pump setup.
Nice ... but pretty darn expensive!

Edit: although at $850 then you've got a pretty killer setup ... but that's a pretty big hike from the ~$600 ...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@psychonaut, Does BVA have Australian support?
Also, will you just list a complete kit on the website so there is no confusion once your testing is done and you stock the items?

Last edited:
LesPlenty,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
After countless awesome presses, I had my first failure this week.

This was the only press I've had on my DP that was an utter failure in terms of yield... and it was from a pollen run:doh:.

8g collected by grinder over a long fucking time. Came out as a hash chip, slight blowout and NO FLOW. Totally bummed. Wish I had not tried it. :bang:

FlyingLow,

LongDraw

Hi Everybody,

Hoping for a little guidance.

So my strongway pump came in the other today. This morning i had a read through the manual. I connected the pump to the dabpress, tightened best i can but may need to get a different wrench to tighten a little more.

I then did the purge like the manual said, turned the large knob then the small one, then tightened both up.

When i go to pump nothing seems to be happening and no pressure is building.

Any thoughts? If you need more info just let me know.

thanks.

EDIT: My main guess is i need to tighten the hose more to the cylinder. maybe it isn't in far enough. There is no leaking oil with it attached now, when it wasn't attached and i removed the plastic from the cylinder portion a little oil came out like normal from what i read. I hand tightened and used a small wrench, but can't get a good grip and there are several threads still on the hose end.

EDIT EDIT: So, found a video of psychonaut making a pump wiht a gauge and then attaching to the dabpress. I don't think the issue is how tight the hose is connected, as he said they were desing to be finger tight and mine is a little more then that now. Does anything have to be done with the pump handle, mine didn't seem to move up and down as much as the one in the video.

Last edited:
LongDraw,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@LongDraw you'll wanna make sure the air release valve in the rear of the pump is fully closed, and the pressure release valve on the front of the pump are closed. You're right finger tight is all that's needed on the quick couplers.

In some instances I have learned that the fitting on the end of some of the pump's hoses need to be replaced with the fitting we send along with the press. Just make sure to teflon tape the threads on the hose, and get it on there nice and tight.

BTW, you can test the pressure in the pump by itself, by disconnecting it from the press, verify all valves are shut, then pump once. It should register some PSI on the gauge. If it doesn't, it sounds like there may be some air trapped in the pump so I'd suggest to open the air bleed valve in the back of the pump, have the hose hanging off the end of the table so any air will move back through the line. Let it sit there for an hour or so then retest it.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@psychonaut, Does BVA have Australian support?
Also, will you just list a complete kit on the website so there is no confusion once your testing is done and you stock the items?

Unfortunately they dont. Enerpac and Power Team are both serviced and sold in Australia. Those brands both offer lifetime warranty, and industrial grade.

I'll for sure list the parts needed once we know all of the options. There are a few common pump sizes between all these industrial grade brands that will work, 350-1000cc seems to be a good enough range to power most 5-25 ton cylinders with the 1000cc being larger thus a wider cylinder compatability compared to the 350cc.

We will be testing BVA P350 and P1000.

We don't plan to stock the pumps as there are global distributors already in place and they would be far cheaper than if we were a reseller. Rogers always looking at pumps to sell but the pricing for the consumer hasnt been competitive.

psychonaut,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom