Dabpress Rosin Plates

Vapor Loop

I forgot the . it was a .6.2 yield out of a 3.4 puck. The shake was what was left over from a kief extraction, But the kief puck not working was rather unexpected. I think i messed up by not going bottle tech on the kief and the puck just broke up and spread out in the bag.

Grats on your new press! :clap::science:

3.4 in doesn't sound right? Is this flower in the 4.0 and 2.2 yields? Did you pre-press the shake at all?

If you're getting hash inside the bag and it's not extracting outward, it sounds like the material wasn't pressed with enough pressure, or the filter wasn't packed enough. Do you have any pics you can share?

160F is really low for buds but that is awesome! I bet the flavor was really good. I have been pressing my flower between 190-200F with between 800-1500 PSI, I can get the rosin to budder while still on the press at 180F with one of my strains, it's kinda a PITA as it will crystallize and block the flow.

Vapor Loop

I hope so since that's how i shall try it next. I know not to make a disk puck and just throw it in the bag sideways unless you want hash.

Vapor Loop,
Reactions: LesPlenty

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I forgot the . it was a .6.2 yield out of a 3.4 puck. The shake was what was left over from a kief extraction, But the kief puck not working was rather unexpected. I think i messed up by not going bottle tech on the kief and the puck just broke up and spread out in the bag.

I see so 0.8 total return from 3.4g buds? That's really good IMO!

When pressing the loose material I'd suggest to get it stuffed fairly tight, maybe 1/4-1/3" thick when stuffed and folded up. Make sure all the corners have the same amount of material packed in so when you start applying the pressure it's not too loose in the corners. The tighter the filter is on the material when you press it the better. Also, I'd only recommend the bottle tech packing for buds, lay the hash filters flat to make a square or rectangle puck.

Blonde question but can keif be bottle teched?

^^^ I wouldn't, I'd run the filters flat.

Last edited:

Ohlol

Is there anywhere on the internet with charts or info on pressing temp/pressure/time baselines? I know every strain/ starting material will be a bit different and some testing needs to be done but base lines to work with /guidelines would be really helpful for us beginerers

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I think I'm not using enough pressure with flower... My last presses with 2 x 6g (30mm pre-pressed) pucks were at 1300 - 2400 gauge psi. That's 465-860 psi on the puck surface. I did see increasing yield over the range so next time I'll try increasing pressure to 3500-4000 gauge psi.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Is there anywhere on the internet with charts or info on pressing temp/pressure/time baselines? I know every strain/ starting material will be a bit different and some testing needs to be done but base lines to work with /guidelines would be really helpful for us beginerers

200F for 3 minutes or so is a good starting point for almost anything.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I think I'm not using enough pressure with flower... My last presses with 2 x 6g (30mm pre-pressed) pucks were at 1300 - 2400 gauge psi. That's 465-860 psi on the puck surface. I did see increasing yield over the range so next time I'll try increasing pressure to 3500-4000 gauge psi.

That should do quite well, maybe even a lil lower? I look forward to your report.

Ohlol

I think I've read that 5g is the efficiency sweet spot for flower, what about hash?

I want to do some tests of maybe 1g flower. As long as I calculate psi should I get similar results scaled up to 5g? I know I'll loose some to the bags and can probably press a second time. I'm thinking teat with the smaller amounts before I scale up. I'm hoping to find the sweet spot in efficiency and yield for my inputs.

Can't wait to press some tangie or strawberry banana

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I think I've read that 5g is the efficiency sweet spot for flower, what about hash?

I want to do some tests of maybe 1g flower. As long as I calculate psi should I get similar results scaled up to 5g? I know I'll loose some to the bags and can probably press a second time. I'm thinking teat with the smaller amounts before I scale up. I'm hoping to find the sweet spot in efficiency and yield for my inputs.

Can't wait to press some tangie or strawberry banana

5g is a sweet spot, anything under 5g really yields well IMO. For hash, I'm not sure.

Yes though pressing 1g, that'll be without a filter so it'll be a lil bit of a trick to get the surface area, every bud will squish different.

If you use 3.5g that'll fit in the 2x4" filter. If you cut the filter just right, you'll be able to use the other half for another 3.5g load. Using a filter with the pre-press you'll have a round puck you know the size so you can apply the right amount of pressure.

I have some strawnana magik I am squishing right now, it is quite good!

Its puck time just got my puck maker!

"pm3015r" It says 3.5 - 7g, does that mean optimal size for this one is 5grams aswell?

Do you ever press these pucks without bag?

Nice! That's what we recommend to use in the mold, some 7g loads may require a bit more muscle or a clamp to get it all pressed tight so it fits inbetween the caged plates. It usually really fluffy cultivars or trim that can be a problem at the 7g mark. There are several FC members who press those pucks without filters, I wanna say folks were getting better yields using filters but I could be wrong.

mephisto

Smashed a 3.2g puck to great reward the other evening. I had lots of rosin left over on the plates so I wiped them with hemp fiber while still warm and vaped that in my VC. The bag filters are great, I'm certain. Just wanted to share that the lower weight pucks are quite manageable without the bags. Squish On!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
IME there's a fine line with humidity for unbagged pucks. You don't want it so dry that a lot of contaminant powders up into your rosin, but not so moist that it quickly springs back to life and decreases the PSI on the plates. Somewhere in the middle works pretty well.

MegaMan2k

Very cool just wanted to test it out since i just got it

Have been squishing in bags for around a year,
So im finally able to do some smaller squishes for testing purposes, and even works without filters (i try to conserve filters for bigger presses like 15-20g)

I must say even tho it was sent from China i still had to pay import fees (Europe)
so it ended up at 96$ which tbh is kinda overpriced

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Sorry about that @MegaMan2k, we're trying to get our products in some warehouses around the world so that they ship from your local country. This year hopefully we will grow enough to where we can have ample stock of our presses and accessories for customers around the world.

---------

I got the 10-ton hyradraulic/pneumatic foot pump. All I can say is wow, this is really a neat pump, I had to create my own gauge adapter with a pair of quick connecter couplers like what's used on the press, and got it all hooked up and tested.

I need to see if there is a way to slow down the psi as 1 press of the pump can jump it about 4-500 PSI on the gauge. It takes a fair bit of air to operate, I guess my 1.5hp 6ga compressor used 25% of the air to get it up to 3000 PSI on gauge squishing a bamboo plank 12.75 sq/in (approx 530 PSI on plank). This foot pump takes max 120 PSI from your compressor.

I'll make a video later. The gauge is now located in the back of the press facing to the right, so when the hr10t35v drip tech press is tilted forward, the gauge is facing upward. Works for me, trying to remove the hose from the manifold near the footpump was impossible, I think they used an impact wrench or something to attach the hose to the foot pump. I had originally wanted to put the gauge on the foot pump but now that I think about it I like where it's at here. For safety purposes I am using my hand to operate the foot pump, this requires NO effort due to the pneumatic assist.

v6162w.jpg

Here's a video so you can see how fast it runs the hydraulic cylinder. The compressor kicks on, this is running the compressor at 100 PSI, it's loud, nobody in the house appreciates the noise :lol:

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

sure! guess im just unlucky then? :D

What are people yielding from their 4-5 grams squishes?
So far without the filter atleast yield seems to be a slight decrease from what i was getting with the 10-15 grams squishes in bags, but i think that was expected-

Maybe i should have went with a brick mold instead, with the additional / unexpected costs of this puck maker i could just have gotten the more expensive brick mold that i originally had my eyes on, lol..

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Sorry @MegaMan2k I dont think it is luck, just how the world operates when our home country wants money when the residents buying products abroad. Import fees are for sure not fair, so I understand your disappointment.

I generally see a percent or two less doing larger runs with all things being equal except for the amount used and the size of the finished puck, so it's a hard question for me to know for certain. You are using the same PSI on both presses?

MegaMan2k

Yes indeed, i was just considering the fact that i had asked earlier in this thread if this was going to happen and i was told to purchase thru dhgate to indeed avoid that import fee.
So yea that should def have been mentioned when i first asked!

Im not so sure about the pressure when the pucks are smaller than my normal bags,
but i dont really mind since im going to be using the pucks for testing out new flavors mainly :D

Puck maker is solid quality tho no doubt about that!

Hit 25% yesterday on 4g of Jungle Cake.

With or without filter? :D

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: LesPlenty

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Yes indeed, i was just considering the fact that i had asked earlier in this thread if this was going to happen and i was told to purchase thru dhgate to indeed avoid that import fee.
So yea that should def have been mentioned when i first asked!

I didn't see where it was suggested to order from dhgate, but regardless, it's unfortunate to not feel the value in the product after import fees!

In regards to importing our products to your country, for all rosineers of the world, please contact support@dabpress.com to discuss any import fees prior to purchase, we want all our customers to be satisfied and no unpleasant surprises.

MegaMan2k

I didn't see where it was suggested to order from dhgate, but regardless, it's unfortunate to not feel the value in the product after import fees!

In regards to importing our products to your country, for all rosineers of the world, please contact support@dabpress.com to discuss any import fees prior to purchase, we want all our customers to be satisfied and no unpleasant surprises.

True m8, and its not that i dont feel value in the product after the import fee, it was just right on the "edge" of being worth its price before the fee. Not unsatisfied, just need to get over paying the fee haha :D

And this is the comment that kinda mis-lead me, and you did "like" that comment so i guess i took that as a confirmation :p
Yes, there are some and yes, you have but therefore you have free shipping from China - and a reliable product for a very reasonable price.

and sorry if anything comes off as rude, i dont really check for rude-ness, i just write lol :p

Top Bottom