1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dabpress Rosin Plates

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by dabpress.com, Jan 19, 2018.

1. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

@invertedisdead beautiful squish dude, I can see that sacred budder! That is a really good point on the magnetic jig, it seems most useful for the low temp presses for hash and what not, so it's going to get hot after some minutes! I thought about getting a pair of heat resistant gloves, which would also serve as a better grip on the jack handle too. I wonder what could be done to make it easier to handle @dabpress.com ?

Doing 3.5g squishes should yield better than a 7g squish, in theory? Perhaps the way to do this is like @zubresco and run multiple pucks with lesser amounts. I thought about doing 3-4x 3.5g bottle tech bags, get all that rosin off the plates. I'm really liking the 2x2.5" rosin filters lately.

Here's the other scout's honor squish using a pre-pressed puck stuffed into a filter, folded up and squished.

Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  2. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

If these are the not-so-frosty nugs in your collection - life seems to be good :-)

Have a great day!

3. elmomuzz

elmomuzz That just happened...

I did a 2 gram press of ice hash yesterday. It's made from trim so not exactly top sift but still very good with lots of smaller popcorn buds making the cut. I had the temp set to 170 and applied my pressure very slowly ramping up to 1 ton.

I love how the press looks like a drooling idiot after a good squish. hehe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

Thanks, great day to you as well Doc! They are certainly not bottom shelf nugs by any stretch but the trim job seemingly hides the frost. The squish will reveal the truth :clap:

Nice squish brother! I hear ya!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  5. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

Pardon the double posting, wanted to drop this squish video here. I had an error during the squish that had to be corrected. I thought it would be worth sharing as someone else may run into a problem with puck placement. Overall, when I compare it to my 3.5g press of the same material I only yielded 1% less with twice as much material. This is also using a pre-pressed puck utiliing a 2x2.5" filter bottle tech style.

The resulting rosin was like brown sugar where it escaped the plates. Unfortunately only about half the yield escaped the plates due to the error. Live and learn!

dabpress.com, mixchu69, Hogni and 3 others like this.
  6. dabpress.com

dabpress.com Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Dear FC friends,

dp-rp35s caged cube kit [ Only 20 set ] will reach US amazon warehouse in next ten days.

Due to several reasons, we have to change $299 into $329 on our official website, and $349 on Amazon Prime store.

I promised $299 on Amazon.com, now you guys still get 15% discount to purchase it. please contact with me via email ( cs@dabpress.com ) or message to me here for a COUPON CODE( Only 20 Sets | Final Price $349 x 85%=$297 )

Thanks for your understanding.

Have a great day!

Roger from Dabpress Technologies

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  7. elmomuzz

elmomuzz That just happened...

That's a darn good price. You've got me thinking about birthday and Christmas gifts. hehe

8. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

Those 3x3" plates are pretty slick too and priced right! $199 and that dabpress warranty :nod: The caged setups just look a bit more....CRUSHING :cool:

MinnBobber and invertedisdead like this.
  9. invertedisdead

invertedisdead FC-OG

I couldn't think of a better stocking stuffer than a set of Dabpress plates!! :D
    The gift that keeps on giving! :haw:

10. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

......................................................................................
    So what micron size stocking should I order? ;) Why does this rosin smell like toe-jam????

@elmomuzz --- birthday gifts?? Very timely as mine is in May--they should be here by then. Thanks in advance :)

11. dabpress.com

Thank you!

12. dabpress.com

Thank you!

13. dabpress.com

:tup:

14. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

Happy 420 dabpress peeps!

My DJC rosin buddered up 100% and has gave me a repeat of my personal favorite pressing.

[​IMG]

Hope ya'll are getting some epic squishes, here comes extended 420 weekend :smug:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  15. invertedisdead

invertedisdead FC-OG

:cheers:

Rumor is, if you put your ears to the parchment, you can still hear the sizzle. :drool:

:wave:

:bigleaf:

Hope everyones plates are heated and enails are bubbling!!

mixchu69, dabpress.com and psychonaut like this.
  16. dabpress.com

Happy 420 to all friends:clap:

17. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

I wanted to do a squish yesterday but I was seriously way too medicated to do it safely. This is 3.5g of some Strawnana Berry (Strawberry Banana x Blackberry Banana Kush) flowers I got at my caregiver a couple months ago. Been storing them with boveda 62's with an oxygen absorber. The smell on the flowers is very berry like, the banana is there but it's always competing with the natural skunk aromas of the herb. The rosin that it created, WOW, strawberry/berries in spades. I have a feeling this press may not budder up, none of the rosin had that sugary consistency.

I couldn't believe the yields off of this press at 190F. All of the rosin, even what was under the plates was extremely syrupy/sappy, I had to collect it after a quick chill. Enjoy! :leaf:

18. invertedisdead

invertedisdead FC-OG

Nice squish bro! The sacred sap :science: Gotta love those big juicers, they just keep the enail bubblin'
    That's pretty much right where I'm at too with my flower presses - 200F on the PID, 2 minute squish.

dabpress.com likes this.
  19. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

Thanks! It actually did budder up with a lil more wet sand consistancy than the DJC which is more like a play dough.

You've been getting really clean rosin without a filter. I wonder if a pre press inside the magnetic jig would do the trick?

20. dabpress.com

Hello Friend,

dp-rp35s caged plate reached Amazon US warehouse.
    only 20pcs in total.

Anyone want 15% coupon code( sale price: $349 ), please contact with me.

@mixchu69
    pneumatic rosin press also reached warehouse. If you still want this model, please contact with me.

New arrival´╝Ü

dp-rp35s caged plates
    dp-rp257 pro caged plates
    dp100 pneumatic rosin press ( all-in-one)
    dp80 pneumatic rosin press ( all-in-one)
    dp-tc02r115 temp control box
    dp-tc02r165 temp control box

Have a great day!

21. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

Wow, amazon has a lot of dabpress products now, nearly as many as the dabpress.com website. Nice work Roger!

22. invertedisdead

invertedisdead FC-OG

Sounds like a great time to get a Dabpress! I'm barely hitting flower since I got mine.

psychonaut and MinnBobber like this.
  23. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

Thanks for the notice @dabpress.com
    Got my order in :)

FCers note: 3 X 5 caged just arrived today. 20 pieces start and now down to 14 available.
    Like Roger said, PM him for code for 15% off. Enter that code on Amazon for a sweet deal.

24. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

@MinnBobber brother you are going to be in for a treat. What press are you pairing with 3x5?

I hope those minnesnowda nugs are good and frosty like I remember!

25. mixchu69

mixchu69 Well-Known Member

Would like to hear your setup too.

i guess you decided to go with a bigger footprint with these plates..

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors