DabJoy (ripoff) Electric Ti Nail

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
Hey guys, found this device on massdrop and it reminded me a bit on the sublimator! It's also as expensive as a sublimator. (499$ on massdrop, 850$ on their website)
Unfortunately there are no usage videos
Can somebody tell me more about it?
looks pretty interesting although I'm not familiar with the TI nail market

1165_4.png

Last edited:

Detonator

Last edited:
Detonator,

jdee

I just merged both of our E-nail threads so things might look a bit scrambled. I'm not sure how we wound up with two.

At any rate, I was looking at these thread because of this:

http://www.highlyeducatedti.com/blog/?p=321#more-321

For those who aren't aware, the manufacturer he refers to is Cary Widener of High-Temp Industries, the same guy who pulled the same intellectual property theft on VXL, and who was selling counterfeit Clouds on eBay.

:doh:

same guy who screwed vxl also screwed highly educated, that's a really good reason to avoid dab joy and spread the word to diy or get ready made ones off ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/291084336867

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
oh come on not again... :/ this time i really didn't want to start a counterfeit thread!
this whole business is so fishy...

mrweed,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
oh come on not again... :/ this time i really didn't want to start a counterfeit thread!
this whole business is so fishy...

These aren't counterfeits. The design has been stolen, but the Dab Joy does not pretend to be something else.

When Widener was assembling and selling Clouds, that was counterfeiting.

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
well, as fas as i understood it is, just that the original product, the heating element was produced for, never seen the light, because the dab joy was produced and released earlier, before Highly Educated had theirs ready
in my opinion it's still a counterfeit (of an unreleased unit) then (if this guy speaks the truth, of course), not the heating element, but the rest of the device.

mrweed,

lazylathe

Almost there...
the heater on this looks exactly like the ones he used on the fake clouds...
Maybe that is why they heat up so fast.

lazylathe,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
@max
i agree, no need to tell me. i just was explaining why the dab joy is in fact something like a "counterfeit"

mrweed,
Top Bottom