Dabbing shatter VS Vaporizing herbs

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
All I know is the actual PID temp, not the actually quartz, but I imagine if the coil temp is 525, the bowl will be in the 400's? Either way, WAY too much pooling/waste! And then gross fuming that makes me sick. Can't stand the smell of dabbing, and the bowl smells worse than combustion after even though it's just condensed concentrate. Nasty! And too wasteful IMO.

I don't know man, I don't take big enough dabs to get pooling, I can easily say I've never had a dab pool in my life.

It's weird because your comment about pooling makes the temp sound super low, but your comment about the fumes makes it sound super hot, so I have no idea what's going on there. Bunko Chinese enail perhaps? I can't stand the combustion smell either, if I was getting that toxic smell you describe when I dabbed I definitely wouldn't be doing it! I just hit some of this Fire OG, it's pretty tasty. I wish I could help diagnose that fuming cause that's certainly unfortunate brother!

5otswg.jpg

shredder

Dabs are a trend started by corporate interests.

Marlborough doesn't grow tobacco. They produce cigarettes: Buy the cheapest bids from multiple sources, use the bottom grade materia, mix it all together, extract the ingredients, reinfuse with a synthetic blend, brand market and sell it. The future of Cannabis will operate the same way. Wax pens filled with reclaim from scrap material, infused with a terp blend for branding consistency.

That said, Ive had great dabs.. Impressive work. However, dabs made from organic crops offer only a small portion of the total effects vs vaping that same flower... Putting hydroponic flowers against their dabs , and the difference is negligible,.as hydroponic is an inferior 'incomplete' product to begin with.

So if you smoke hydro, might as well be dabs. If you smoke real organic weed, dabs are like smoking reclaim vs the real deal. (sorry but hydroponic ruins the authentic experience to begin with, and drives a market of low standards, fact!)

Sorry, but our opinions are world's apart. As a small time organic farmer in both herbs and vegetables, and someone that's makes concentrates from my homegrown herb, I heartily disagree.

My low temp rosin exceeds my herb in taste and effects. Not only that but I think it's safer.

A typical joint from my herb gets resiny about 1/2 way through and the taste gets heavy and it's hard to finish.

Not so with rosin made from the same herb. In general my lungs feel much better, I cough less, on and on

biohacker

I don't know man, I don't take big enough dabs to get pooling, I can easily say I've never had a dab pool in my life.

It's weird because your comment about pooling makes the temp sound super low, but your comment about the fumes makes it sound super hot, so I have no idea what's going on there.

I think you figured it out dude, low temp I was using too large of a dab! And you're right on the higher temp fuming! Either way though, I just prefer flowers overall, with the odd rosin + flower "dab" in my Supreme.

I think I just prefer convective dabs via vaporizers, can't get much lower temp than that. I also agree with @DrewVape about the "fuller" effects of flower, but that can be seen in the multiple flower vs dab threads on this forum.

I too agree that extracts provide a more "cerebral" level of medication. I'm just all about the least amount of processing possible, including rosin.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah I hit it in the DTV3, I just swap donuts more frequently with rosin due to the lipids. I keep a shotglass of ISO so I can just swap donuts every few days and don't have to wait for anything. Ones soaking while the other is in service so I always have a clean piece.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
My friends just made the switch to dabbing honey oil (shatter - phyto extractions) full time when I told him countless times to invest in a quality vape, in my theory vaping is like creating a dab basically by using heat to boil the actives? I know shatter is concentrated but you know what i mean :ko: I own a few vapes but he only thinks the volcano is the bees knees (tried all of my pieces,SSV,EVO,MIGHTY,VOLCANO)

Personally every time I dab I find the high 'unique' in its own way but never to the extent of actually having a full sesh with a quality vaporizer. Ive high temp'd dabs and at low temps, even use my vapeXNailes from time to time, why is it I find the vapor to be a more pleasant experience? I guess it would have to be the coughing (I cough like crazy with shatter) I cough like crazy with vapes too but it doesn't 'linger' around in my lungs like shatter which sometimes feels painful, I know I know take smaller dabs, it just wont work lol need them big hits! But I digress, which do you prefer? The high from Vaporizing HERBS vs vape/dabbing SHATTER? I want to know your guys opinion! (Sorry if its been asked before)

Love the forum, read it everyday, you guys are awesome :)

And yes I'm smoking quality herbs :rockon:
Currently vaping some super silver haze in the volcano c:

Well said Flowers. I too enjoy vaping flower over dabbing shatter or wax. I find that dabbing kills my lungs (as I was a long time combuster 35 years lol) where as with vaping flower I find it much more tolerable and enjoyable on my lungs and in my head lol. Dabbing knocks me out, couch lock, so I just dabbed before bed time when ever I come across any descent Sativa concentrates.

Cheers

jds

I remember reading in a few places that a lot of people heat their nails way too hot when dabbing, getting them as high as 800-1000+F, which destroys a lot of cannabinoids and terpenes. You definitely have to be mindful what you do if you want to dab and get the same benefits as vaping flower.

Top Bottom