Dabbing shatter VS Vaporizing herbs

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
The way these markets have been developing I doubt you will see the marlboro vision become a reality.

Could be wrong of course.

Just too much of a craft, microbrew feel to the whole movement at the moment imo for something like that to take over as things stand now.

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
So if you smoke hydro, might as well be dabs. If you smoke real organic weed, dabs are like smoking reclaim vs the real deal. (sorry but hydroponic ruins the authentic experience to begin with, and drives a market of low standards, fact!)

May I question the difference between 'organic' soil grown herb vs hydro? Thank you for your response :) ive never thought it would make a difference.

CanadianFlowers,

stressed

i buy at least 2 grams of shatter a month. i was using a nector collector type thing for awhile but when i put it in my herbalizer with a little weed on the bottom, i haven't gone back to dabbing. i fill the bag and get it all.

i've also found that i can make 2 bags using .05 of shatter but i can only make one bag with oil, kief, wax etc., i don't know why i prefer it with flower, i just do. :)

biohacker

@stressed The herbalizer is the tasted shatter experience i've ever experienced :tup: Just a tiny piece in between the two pads, max temp 229c..... smoothest tastiest shatter EVER. Nothing has matched that experienced for me yet, although the Nano has come close (shatter in a wisp of cotton). I miss both of those two vapes just for shatter!

vaporist4LIFE

@stressed The herbalizer is the tasted shatter experience i've ever experienced :tup: Just a tiny piece in between the two pads, max temp 229c..... smoothest tastiest shatter EVER. Nothing has matched that experienced for me yet, although the Nano has come close (shatter in a wisp of cotton). I miss both of those two vapes just for shatter!
Using what ; whip , bag , or glass?

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
I5j8Z3B.jpg

Been vaping this stuff in the volcano on 9 using the liquid pad, so pure you can feel the crystals fall on your tongue :) @stressed i second that! such luxury to enjoy concentrate in a bag. I get about 5 good bags ( 0.1) , no coughing no discomfort, its amazing.

VsnviB1.jpg

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Interesting, I've never got a hit off a concentrate pad that could compare to a proper nail. They always seem kind of wasteful to me. I don't think the flavor off a liquid pad can really compete with some of the better dabbing surfaces available now. I'd probably rather vape it on top of flower; but I'd rather squish that flower and just dab that :science:

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
Interesting, I've never got a hit off a concentrate pad that could compare to a proper nail. They always seem kind of wasteful to me. I don't think the flavor off a liquid pad can really compete with some of the better dabbing surfaces available now. I'd probably rather vape it on top of flower; but I'd rather squish that flower and just dab that :science:

Its more of convenience to me personally (cant smoke inside anymore, first born due july9th)

& I agree a nail is waaaay more efficient than a liquid pad

Its more of a long & slow kind of this compared to a nail dab

stressed

I5j8Z3B.jpg

Been vaping this stuff in the volcano on 9 using the liquid pad, so pure you can feel the crystals fall on your tongue :) @stressed i second that! such luxury to enjoy concentrate in a bag. I get about 5 good bags ( 0.1) , no coughing no discomfort, its amazing.

VsnviB1.jpg
i got a 1/4 oz of cherry ak 47 flower. it's my current favorite. smells like cherries. i'll look around for that stuff you have. so many stores, so little money! :)

biohacker

i've only dabbed off of quartz and it always tasted like shit and gave off gross fumes after the dab and quite wastefull, and I tried all temps from low-mid 500's (wastefull) up to 800. I fucking hate dabbing! Crushes my lungs in ways i've never even thought possible. You can't taste the pads whatsoever, only PURE CONVECTION shatter vaporization!

I think dabbing introduces too much conduction or something. But whatever works for you! Everyone has different tastes....

a nail is waaaay more efficient than a liquid pad

Not in my experience. Shatter will always pool in the quartz nail a little, same with rosin. With the Herbalizer there is zero waste, save for whatever can condense on the inside of the bag ofcourse.

Convection vaporization is way more healthy IMO too.

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
i've only dabbed off of quartz and it always tasted like shit and gave off gross fumes after the dab and quite wastefull, and I tried all temps from low-mid 500's (wastefull) up to 800. I fucking hate dabbing! Crushes my lungs in ways i've never even thought possible. You can't taste the pads whatsoever, only PURE CONVECTION shatter vaporization!

I think dabbing introduces too much conduction or something. But whatever works for you! Everyone has different tastes....

Not in my experience. Shatter will always pool in the quartz nail a little, same with rosin. With the Herbalizer there is zero waste, save for whatever can condense on the inside of the bag ofcourse.

Right? Dabbing is so harsh on my lungs too, they're wicked.

& as for a nail being more 'efficient' I meant like using as little as 0.01 (I use 0.10 in my liquid pads)

CanadianFlowers,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

Dabbing is so harsh on my lungs too, they're wicked.

Yep, more harsh that even combustion IMO! Initially it feels okay, but after exhalation it's downright painful IME. Ofcourse contingent on temperature and dosage. Micros aren't an issue really.

as for a nail being more 'efficient' I meant like using as little as 0.01

Good point, but how in the world do you measure out that small amount of shatter? :lol:

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
Yep, more harsh that even combustion IMO! Initially it feels okay, but after exhalation it's downright painful IME. Ofcourse contingent on temperature and dosage. Micros aren't an issue really.

Good point, but how in the world do you measure out that small amount of shatter? :lol:

I picked up a triple digit 'food' scale from walmart lol

& its true there are better ways of enjoying concentrate given today's devices we have

CanadianFlowers,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

I meant more like how to you break apart the shatter pieces into such a small dose? It's just a bitch to work with, either shatters into random sizes, or is too warm and a sticky mess when handled. Rosin is another storey! Hate working with this stuff! :lol:

I only like using rosin and solventless for health/trust reasons, but have figured out that a rosin flower sandwhich is the way to go, and then just slice it up with scissors!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Convection vaporization is way more healthy IMO too.

Man you're dabbing way too hot, no wonder it tastes bad and hurts your lungs.

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
I meant more like how to you break apart the shatter pieces into such a small dose? It's just a bitch to work with, either shatters into random sizes, or is too warm and a sticky mess when handled. Rosin is another storey! Hate working with this stuff! :lol:

I only like using rosin and solventless for health/trust reasons, but have figured out that a rosin flower sandwhich is the way to go, and then just slice it up with scissors!

I was thinking more of shatter than oil, oil is very difficult to weigh out especially if its really terpy rosin! I just use my tool to chip away at it :) very carefully or you'll be finding shatter shards next time you get some cleaning done :lol:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I didn't think it was possible to dab less than 500's? That's actually considered low temp dabbing! :shrug:

Bro try a dish temp of 350-400, the only time you need higher temps with concentrates in my experience is when using a convection vaporizer. Since the oil is making direct contact with the nail surface conduction heat allows you to use a lower temp than convection for concentrate (imagine boiling water on the stove vs boiling water with a hairdryer)

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
Bro try a dish temp of 350-400, the only time you need higher temps with concentrates in my experience is when using a convection vaporizer. Since the oil is making direct contact with the nail surface conduction heat allows you to use a lower temp than convection for concentrate (imagine boiling water on the stove vs boiling water with a hairdryer)

I like this. Makes a lot of sense :)

biohacker

All I know is the actual PID temp, not the actually quartz, but I imagine if the coil temp is 525, the bowl will be in the 400's? Either way, WAY too much pooling/waste! And then gross fuming that makes me sick. Can't stand the smell of dabbing, and the bowl smells worse than combustion after even though it's just condensed concentrate. Nasty! And too wasteful IMO.

biohacker,
Reactions: stressed

stressed

easy. i just nip off a teeny, tiny piece. whether it's thick or thin, i can pretty much guess .05 of a gram but i usually weigh it. i'm a bit odd about weighing stuff related to my favorite plant.

Top Bottom