Da Buddha

Iso2

New here, I thought I would give my experience with Da Buddha.

I bought mine a few weeks ago. Just Da Buddha, nothing else except for 10 more screens. When I recieved it I had to go to work, then pick up some more bud, so it was an excruitiating wait for me.

Finally, when the time came, I turned it on to max and let it run for a few minutes like the instructions told me. Then came the good part.

I have been smoking weed for the past 2 years so changing to a vape was a little difficult for me. What I mean is, the way you draw the vapor in is much different I have found to merely just sucking on a pipe/bong. I found the best way to do it is just suck it in as if you were taking a normal breath of air. No extra force required, unless you're down towards the end of the weed.

The high is absolutely amazing. I only loaded up once into the wand but that was enough. I was in complete relaxation. This is coming from a guy who has smoked pot for pretty much 2 years straight, nearly every night. I wanted to keep trying out my new toy but my body and head said, "no, you've had enough for now, wait". It was crazy! A great high on so little weed! During my research for a vaporizer, I read that vaping doesn't give you much chair lock. I haven't found that to be true. Maybe less chair lock but it was still there.

It takes a little bit of practice to get the vaping right, since as I said, I was so use to using a pipe or bong. But after that, it is smooth sailing! I have never even seen a vaporizer in real life so this is my first. I'm very happy.

Another thing I love about vaporizers is the minimal smell. I can sit in my room, watch movies whilst my girlfriend can do her thing in the same room. She can't smell anything. It's great! I can get high without disturbing anybody. Sometimes my mate and I make a night of it. We sit around the TV with a good movie, food and Da Buddha and just have a great time. Unless somebody sees Da Buddha, they wouldn't know we've been vaporizing.

The guys at 7th Floor were very helpful. I live in Australia so I wanted to make sure I was getting the right power cord. They took a picture of the cord and sent it over. Very helpful.

The only negative things is the tube has a habit of falling out of the wand. I emailed them about this and they said I have to really jam it in there. I have tried that but it still comes out every now and then. I'll stick with it otherwise I'd have to buy another wand they said.

I hope this thing lasts me for a while because I don't feel like sending it off to get it fixed if it does indeed break. I'm worried from the posts about the dimmer switch and heating element.

Lastly, I want to thank all you guys here and Tokin (your videos rock!). Especially the people in the channel. Before I wanted to spend a bit of money on a vaporizer, I wanted to make sure I was getting the right one for me. With a little of research and a couple nights chatting with the guys in #fuckcombustion I made my choice. For those interested, I was tossing up between the SSV and Da Buddha.

Everything about Da Buddha screams professional. Even right down to the carry bag it comes with. That thing is so well padded I could throw it like a football! I do worry about the power cord breaking off with the way it bends to put it back in the back, but I try to be careful so it should be alright.

I am going to buy the Aroma Top soon so I can vape and let it release some nice oils.

I am very happy with my purchase, if anybody who is thinking of making a purchase of Da Buddha has any other questions from a (still) new customer I'd be happy to answer them.

p.s. the only thing left to do is to give my Da Buddha a name...

Last edited by a moderator:
Iso2,
Reactions: MtMozart

Beezleb

Thanks for the review, I recommend putting a mouse pad in front of the DBV while you get used to it and the tube gets broken in so if the wand does come out its not so risky in breaking.

Happy vaping and welcome to Da Buddha Club!

Beezleb,

rotax

Zaporist
Iso2 said:
The only negative things is the tube has a habit of falling out of the wand. I emailed them about this and they said I have to really jam it in there. I have tried that but it still comes out every now and then. I'll stick with it otherwise I'd have to buy another wand they said.
i've seen this mentioned in other posts as well..
could you use a nylon zip tie to add additional 'pressure' to help hold it on the glass?

being that far from the heat it shouldn't be an issue..even then, its still not in the inhalation path being on the outside of the tubing.

sounds like the wands need a bit of a lip on the hose end.

rotax,

Iso2

Beezleb said:
Thanks for the review, I recommend putting a mouse pad in front of the DBV while you get used to it and the tube gets broken in so if the wand does come out its not so risky in breaking.

Happy vaping and welcome to Da Buddha Club!
The actual glass wand has no problem staying in place but rather the plastic (?) tubing which goes into the glass wand. Otherwise I would use this trick.

Thanks for the welcome!

rotax said:
i've seen this mentioned in other posts as well..
could you use a nylon zip tie to add additional 'pressure' to help hold it on the glass?

being that far from the heat it shouldn't be an issue..even then, its still not in the inhalation path being on the outside of the tubing.

sounds like the wands need a bit of a lip on the hose end.
I would probably say duck tape rather than a nylon zip tie (if I am thinking of the same thing). I have worked around the problem by simply holding the wand and tubing at the connecting point. That and making sure the tubing has been pushed as far as I can get it, it works fairly well.

Iso2,

owin

Weird. After 7 months or so with my DBV I've never had this problem after the first week I owned it. After you use it more and more it will stick in there like it's glued and it will become somewhat difficult to pull out. I only shove mine in about an inch or two and it stays in there perfectly. Once the heat expands the tubing it should stay.

owin,

Iso2

An inch? Woh, I'm lucky to get it in a few centimeters. The lady from 7th Floor did tell me they made the wands especially tight.

Iso2,

owin

Iso2 said:
An inch? Woh, I'm lucky to get it in a few centimeters. The lady from 7th Floor did tell me they made the wands especially tight.
Fuck sorry I just looked and measured it's definitely not an inch in there lol. It's about 1-2cm in. Sorry. I know I've pushed the tubing in there almost an inch before.

Edit: Also the more "wand hash" that is in there the easier it will stick. So the more you use it the easier it will be. At least that's how it was in my experience.

owin,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
Iso2 said:
are you kidding me lol

lick the tip and it slides in so easy its stupid......

MrMistyTokes,

owin

MrMistyTokes said:
Iso2 said:
are you kidding me lol

I thought I read somewhere wetting the end made it easier to put in but I couldn't remember. and wow did that sentence sound bad. yes my mind is in the gutter.

Iso2

MrMistyTokes said:
Iso2 said:
are you kidding me lol

Not here :(

Iso2,

UrDoinItWrong

A little water to lube, push it in far, it stays there. I set up my buddy's DBV this way and it has never come apart once. The tube should hold strong on the wand and mouthpiece this way.

UrDoinItWrong,

RevNelson

Got my Buddha about 2 weeks ago from Tokin and have been having the best 2 weeks of my life! This is an amazing little vape that looks great on my desk! There were a few complications with my order, all of which Tokin was amazingly quick to fix and friendly. He even threw in some extra screens, papers, and an extra whip for the inconvenience! I would highly recommend this vape to anyone looking.

-Michael

RevNelson,

Iso2

My mistake. I tried the water trick again and with a little bit more time it worked fine!

Thanks again guys.

I brought Da Buddha over to a mates place last night for him to try out. One go at it and he's thinking of buying one himself!

Iso2,

UrDoinItWrong

Iso2 said:
My mistake. I tried the water trick again and with a little bit more time it worked fine!

Thanks again guys.

I brought Da Buddha over to a mates place last night for him to try out. One go at it and he's thinking of buying one himself!
If you get 5 people to buy one, you can get one for free via their referral program! Check it out on their website, my friend I got one for has already got 3 under his belt. It's a really easy sell to buddies, as it's so well made and affordable. Fantastic first vape imo!

UrDoinItWrong,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
I got my DB off ebay dirty cheap, but will I still be able to hit up the warranty if needed? I always feel uneasy leaving it on or turning it on and off all day :(

edit- not used, brand new unit

MrMistyTokes,

max

Out to lunch
Your eBay receipt should do fine for proof of purchase. You're unlikely to need it though. If you feel uneasy either leaving it on or turning it off/on, then I'd get used to that uneasy feeling, since it's either or. :lol:

I would either turn it on the first time you use it during the day, and leave it on, or just leave it on all the time and turn the temp down when not in use. The heater is likely to last for many years, even if you don't turn it off.

max,

Beezleb

I turn mine on, prepare my weed, a few minutes and the DBV has always been ready to go. I never leave it on. Just feels irresponsible to leave it on to me but im more conservative when it comes to environmental aspects. Why it may not be much electricity used it all adds up overtime.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
Just feels irresponsible to leave it on to me but im more conservative when it comes to environmental aspects.
In that case I guess you would never consider using a clothes dryer, since that appliance is by far the biggest household energy hog. And reducing the number and length of times you used a stove range would dwarf any energy saved by turning off a vaporizer.

max,

owin

max said:
Just feels irresponsible to leave it on to me but im more conservative when it comes to environmental aspects.
In that case I guess you would never consider using a clothes dryer, since that appliance is by far the biggest household energy hog. And reducing the number and length of times you used a stove range would dwarf any energy saved by turning off a vaporizer.
turn off your ac and unplug your fridge.

in all seriousness, I think I've saved $4 on my electric bill in the last two months from not using the DBV and always having the PD on. Yes I'm sure there are many other variables but my electric bill never went up dramatically from leaving either the DBV or the PD on all day.

owin,

max

Out to lunch
owin said:
max said:
turn off your ac and unplug your fridge.
And of course, trade in your car for a bicycle. ;)

max,

Beezleb

The energy of one appliance does not compute into my personal stance/view on leaving on 24 hours a day electric devices regardless of energy usage that is not needed. To me its a wasteful thing but I do not need to have a vaporizer on 24 hours a day when I can turn on my vape and its ready by the time I prepared my wand.

For your view, your points may be important but for me its only part of the issue. I see using any amount of energy over what is necessary is wasteful. While im not annal about the issue, im not running around going energy crazy it just does not feel right to me to add to a constant energy drain unnecessary and for me it would be, for you, perhaps not, thats your business.

To me its more about attitude and if all people felt, well this doesnt use much energy that attitude builds up as one gadget gets used, then another, then another and one from home to another and all those little things begin to play a larger role overall energy usage and rates. Wasnt that long ago Cali had those rolling blackouts.

I get the whole its very little power and probably using my vaporizer and your vaporizer per usage mine is likely a bigger energy user but I feel its an overtime thing and a thing best not used at certain peak times.

In the future household appliance will communicate with the energy company/grid and adjust usage and load per area better. Known as "smart" appliances.

Grant it, its a sky is falling kind of thing per household energy usage but my view is energy usage overall.

For those who chose to ridicule my view on the issue, you are small for doing so.

Beezleb,

owin

Beezleb said:
For those who chose to ridicule my view on the issue, you are small for doing so.
I wasn't ridiculing you. I was just busting your balls. I totally understand your point of view and I respect that. My view is a little different than yours but I do get where you are coming from.

owin,

lwien

owin said:
I wasn't ridiculing you. I was just busting your balls.
:lol: :lol: I gotta remember that. I've never heard those two sentences put together like that.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
I get the whole its very little power and probably using my vaporizer and your vaporizer per usage mine is likely a bigger energy user but I feel its an overtime thing and a thing best not used at certain peak times.
The point is, it's quite possible to be penny wise and pound foolish where energy consumption is concerned.

You have a very broad definition of ridicule. Calling people irresponsible for leaving a vape on could just as easily fall under that wide umbrella. And disagreeing with a 'view' is OK here. Calling people names, even "small", isn't.

max,

Beezleb

Max, be a big boy now.

I did not call anyone irresponsible, I said specifically ""Just feels irresponsible to leave it on to me but im more conservative when it comes to environmental aspects." You want to try to justify your ridicule of my view as a sense of justification. Quit the spin please as I clearly states it is how "I" feel and not directed to anyone as it clearly points my personal view.

I stand by my words and if you feel that you ridiculed, you put yourself into that category as I made a general statement. One person clarified their statement, you tried to defend it.

/move along nothing to see here. I said my piece. Vape on.

Top Bottom