1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Da Buddha

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by tokinGLX, Sep 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. AMTA

AMTA Well-Known Member

I've tried that, but it never gets them properly clean. It just makes the powder into a disgusting sludge.

2. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

I want to echo what Haunts said about ISO cleaning, in that vein it is not unusual to get over a years worth of use out of a good stainless steel screen. I use such screens (baskets & flats) in my LSV. Downside, it takes more time and effort to clean a screen then it dose as to replace one. Good Luck.

Post add...... How are you trying to clean your screens now and how did you try to clean them with ISO? It might just be a question of technique.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Hjalmark likes this.
  3. slozukimc

slozukimc Well-Known Member

Why are you going through screens? I have had my DaBuddha for several years and am still on my second screen. Lost the first one. An ISO bath every once in a while and the wand and screen stay like new.

Hjalmark likes this.
  4. rabblerouser

rabblerouser vaporizer evangelist / collector

I recommend just buying like 100+ in one go off ebay; That should last you quite a while.
    ISO-ing them is good too

5. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

Hey gang...4/20 sale for 7th Floor details just sent to me for you guys! From what I understand the first four line items are special deals and the last one is a code to get 30% off site wide until 4/21. The sale started today!

- Tidy Tips cotton swabs - 1-Pack $4.20, 2-Pack $3.55 ea, 4-pack $2.50 ea

- SideKick Portable Vaporizer - 20% off plus FREE Bubbler Mouthpiece and shipping - Over $120 in savings!

- Super Surfer Desktop Vaporizer w/forced air fan - 15% off plus FREE upgrade to EOK, extra 10’ bag and free shipping - Save almost $200!

- Duff Jar - $5 off or FREE with any Wave Rider Series vaporizer purchase!

- All ELEV8 & ELEV8 Premier glass and the rest of our site (excluding sale and promotional items) - 30% off with your custom promo code: STICKSTONES420 (code expires 4/21/17)

slozukimc, bodhi_naut and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  6. slozukimc

Does anyone have an opinion on the essential oil kit for DaBuddha? Is there a quartz, ceramic or SiC nail option if I don't like the titanium? With the sale that makes it $70 plus shipping. I can't buy a cheap dhgate enail for that.

Thanks, Mike

Aizen-sama and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  7. slozukimc

Can anyone tell me more about the @DDave mod for Da Buddha? Been reading this thread for hours and not having much luck.

Thanks again All, Mike

8. puma88

puma88 Member

Here's the SSV/DBV/LSV Ddave Mod thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ddave-mod-for-ssv-dbv-lsv.19835/

I read the whole thread but when I got mine I was surprised how straightforward it is to use.

Essentially it moves the load closer to the heater so you have greater control over the type of hit you can get. Therefore you also have more options as far as grind size, draw strength/speed and vaping temperature. I like low temp hits with the water pipe adapter to a bong.

I havent had any hash since I got the mod but ideally I want to be using mostly bubble hash with some herb to "round out" the high and the mod gives the ability to do very precise extraction.

IMO it's a must have for DBV/SSV/LSV owners.

9. vaporist4LIFE

vaporist4LIFE Well-Known Member

First time poster and recent new member , found a steal of a deal on a da buddha and I had to take it.ive used every 7th floor model but this one. Similar to ssv so I shouldn't have a problem getting going :)
    Any tips are welcomed ! It's been a while since I've had a 7th floor vape.
    Ddave mod has had my eye for the last few days as well...worth it ? The $50 package seems like a lot but looks like it has everything you would ever need, including ability to use concentrates .I've heard of fc discounts as well , hopefully I can use that even though I just joined ?
    Future thanks to any helpful advice. Been reading on here for several years now , so much information

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    CalyxSmokr, SSVUN~YAH and TeeJay1952 like this.
  10. vaporist4LIFE

Dbv rocks! Will take a few days to get it fine tuned I'm sure. Heater cover is super loose and moves up and down very easily . It has the new retention clip.any tips for a tight hc would be sweet .might need a new one honestly it just slides up and down practically , when heated up.

11. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

with the HC removed, tighten the screws on the clip, and then force it into a tighter position than it was, (bend it toward the element slightly). You will find that you have just tightened the retention clip and can now install the HC in a more snug condition.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    vaporist4LIFE likes this.
  12. vaporist4LIFE

Thanks sir.i will try.this tomorrow .already have my technique almost tuned in.stuck a.elb in the wand and it's working great.getting fine honey oil coating already . Now I must find a wax diffuser and get the Ddave kit.

DDave likes this.
  13. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

14. Aizen-sama

Aizen-sama Fmr. Captain of the 5th Division

My method is to just turn up the unit to max temp with nothing in it and take a few draws. After a few pulls you'll notice it draws easier and you aren't exhaling anything visible and you're good to go for a few more sessions before repeating this process.

15. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

i have done that method myself a few times

Diggy Smalls and KidFated. like this.
  16. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

I used to get ripped while cleaning my screens that way.

Diggy Smalls, Aizen-sama and mmenzie like this.
  17. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Daily Roaster

Yeah buddy I used to do this with my first vape, Da Buddha! Still use the method with other convection vaporizers that use a screen. DBV is a solid vape that makes smooth vapor.

7thFloorVapes likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors