• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Da Buddha

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Oh yeah, DDave's mod is pretty darned awesome. I'm thoroughly medicated with smaller amounts than using my SSV/DBV wands. I did combust yesterday on my second attempt at finding the right temperature, but the small amount of material I used hardly stunk up the place at all (though I'd still not recommend it, haha). I'm glad DDave even packed a second silicon tube (thanks!) -- the first one I used got ruined as it tasted like an ashed pipe after the first combustion. But I have plenty of whips either way.

Getting a little better handle on the temperature and breathing techniques. I keep going low-temp because I'm scared to burn things again. I'm improving with each load though!

EDIT: It wasn't even yesterday I combusted, it was Thursday. Yep, I must be high.
Niiiiice :rockon:

Not the combustion part, but the ultimate result of the Wizard Wand.

My spot on the dial is about 11ish, the rod is just barely illuminated with only television being the only source of ambient light.

** Well, I do wear a white LED headlamp :tinfoil:..... My wife is usually trying to fall asleep whilst I'm medicating for bedtime......

Plus... You can see your clouds and the Vapor barreling through the wand.

I recommend dark room headlamp Vaping, it's neat.

Where is your dial at @Cemmos ?

What, @DDave, you have a DBV mod now as well?!
Indeed brother, it's a must have for super efficient one hitters, especially with Bubble Hash in between some herb, light tamp...

Just a tad more tamping than the stock wand(I barely tamp the stock wand, just enough to keep the herb from falling at an angle.)

3 thumbs up on @DDave mod .:tup::tup::tup:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Oh yeah, DDave's mod is pretty darned awesome. I'm thoroughly medicated with smaller amounts than using my SSV/DBV wands.
Thanks @Cemmos
Glad you're liking the mod! That was the goal....to use less and gain greater control over your sessions.

I'm glad DDave even packed a second silicon tube (thanks!)
I did? :o
Just kidding.... no sweat!
What, @DDave, you have a DBV mod now as well?!
At your service....:rockon:
The DBV is such a great vape!
This is only part 1. Even though it's a new mod, I've received a ton of feedback and V2 is on the way.

My spot on the dial is about 11ish, the rod is just barely illuminated
:tup: Good solid advice here!!!
Since each unit is a bit different, with lights off, adjust knob till rod just barely starts to glow. (And YES, I'm talking about the heater of the DBV :brow: )
Then watch your ABV color. After a few runs, you'll find your sweet spot.

3 thumbs up on @DDave mod .:tup::tup::tup:
Thanks Man!

Oh my, I feel a rap coming on!

Uh-huh, it's unreal ‎
Just like a nine dollar bill
Gave you guys the mod and asked how you feel
Modding!!
It ain't about being on the down low‎
It's about conserving the herb and vaping like a pro.‎
As long as y'all rock this I won't quit
I do it all for y'all...I mean that shit
Every one of y'all means everything to me
I mod for y'all, cause FC's like family ‎:rockon:

Cemmos

Niiiiice :rockon:

Where is your dial at @Cemmos ?
Mine is right around the 12:30 position, which is low-temp for my normal wand hits. I'm slowly seeing if I can nudge it to about 1-1:30 without combustion. I'm mostly going off of what my material looks like after a couple of hits, and I still see plenty of green so I've been trying to see what the best breathing and temp is. I noticed the bowl gets more evenly cooked with a harder and faster pull, and that's where I need to find the perfect temp with that kind of hit. Slow, trickling hits usually darken the middle while the rest stays fairly green. But they get harsh because of the heat, which I actually like feeling (weird, I know).

Off position is around the 8/9 o'clock position, full-on is 6 o'cock.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Mine is right around the 12:30 position, which is low-temp for my normal wand hits. I'm slowly seeing if I can nudge it to about 1-1:30 without combustion. I'm mostly going off of what my material looks like after a couple of hits, and I still see plenty of green so I've been trying to see what the best breathing and temp is. I noticed the bowl gets more evenly cooked with a harder and faster pull, and that's where I need to find the perfect temp with that kind of hit. Slow, trickling hits usually darken the middle while the rest stays fairly green. But they get harsh because of the heat, which I actually like feeling (weird, I know).

Off position is around the 8/9 o'clock position, full-on is 6 o'cock.
Very nice cemmos...
The more you experiment, the more you can dial it in perfectly.

I like the warm vapor myself, so don't feel weird :nod:

I find its best to just rip as hard but evenly as possible, as opposed to the Stock wand, which I sort of pump my lungs, pull hard, then lay off, and pull hard again.

The ABV is completely perfectly roasted with the hard, consistent pull.

No stirring required.

I've never tried an EVO, but I imagine my Wizard Wand pulls /clouds are pretty damn close....

If I didn't know any better, I'd think my room was fish-bowled with smoke, but it's a cloud of greasy ass vapor. :razz:

olivianewtonjohn

3) Full extraction. I haven't used every log vape, only a very popular one (DBV). The problem with DBV (and I assume this would extend to log vapes using the popular ceramic heating element setup) is that the herb material isn't fully, evenly heated. My AVB coming out of the DBV is consistently much brighter and looks much less vaped than the AVB coming out of the Evo. If I raise the temperature on the DBV enough, I can get the bowl to get darker, but it's uneven (usually only gets the center of the bowl) and tastes funky. Through the EVO, the taste is always great, even at the very end of my bowls.

Not to say log vapes don't have their purpose or use. Many of the best vapes out there for the price are log-vapes. But for me the EVO provides an experience that's on another level.

What? Sounds like you didnt get your DBV dialed in. Its insanely easy to get fully extracted material in log vaporizers, DBV because of its bowl size might take more technique but all of them are capable of combustion so its not really a hardware issue IMO. For reference, after owning DBV for a few weeks, I never felt like I got it dialed in. Enano on the other hand I got it down really fast and that seems to be the experience of many log owners. DBV and log vapes have some similarities but I dont think the comparison is reasonable if we're comparing stock vs stock. There are mods to make the DBV more like a log vape in bowl size, but I never tried that so I cant say how that works.

Last edited:
olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: mikeben

mikeben

What? Sounds like you didnt get your DBV dialed in. Its insanely easy to get fully extracted material in log vaporizers, DBV because of its bowl size might take more technique but all of them are capable of combustion so its not really a hardware issue IMO. For reference, after owning DBV for a few weeks, I never felt like I got it dialed in. Enano on the other hand I got it down really fast and that seems to be the experience of many log owners. DBV and log vapes have some similarities but I dont think the comparison is reasonable if we're comparing stock vs stock. There are mods to make the DBV more like a log vape in bowl size, but I never tried that so I cant say how that works.
A Log is very different than anything else, I don't own a DBV but looked it up a bit. It's not ceramic in the UD anymore. It's a pure SS heater and our baskets are SS, so are many of the stems such as a pure SS stem for DD. The Nylon stems are all SS, and the glass stems all can be made SS. So much of it is just a very pure heating element going right to another of the same element. Your breath is heating the materials even so you can over pack a basket slightly. The glass is also great against it though and the UD works fantastically with bubblers. If you don't own one and use it regular, it's really hard to explain the experience. It's owning functional art, and it's insanely good at conserving meds. It's great for a quick few hits, and has very good flavor, works well with water.

Back to the EVO the smoothness and flavor levels that can't be beat.but logs are different enough that you may want one, if you like owning fine vaporizers.

Hello 7th floor vape users,
I've been using my Buddha for a while now and I have accidentally combusted a few times... leaving some brown stains on my glass! While they are minor, they don't come off, even with an iso+salt rinse, and also after sitting in ISO. Is there anyway I can clean it off?

Also, best place to buy new tubing? :)

vapelord420,

Cemmos

Hello 7th floor vape users,
I've been using my Buddha for a while now and I have accidentally combusted a few times... leaving some brown stains on my glass! While they are minor, they don't come off, even with an iso+salt rinse, and also after sitting in ISO. Is there anyway I can clean it off?

Also, best place to buy new tubing? :)
I always managed to clean mine off using iso+rubbing a Q-tip in there. Combusted a few times myself, my wands and glass are all good to go.

I got my replacement whips from this seller on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/351179411722?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Or grab a DDave Mod kit and get a silicon one. Those have the most neutral taste, but they end up smelling bad after extended use (as with the other whip as well, but a little worse imo).

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Used my DBV last night for the first time in 7 months.....I forget the power of these 7th Floor products! So damn powerful!

Looking at this @DDave mod. Looks interesting....
Last night I used an EQ basket in the 18mm opening of my wand. Pretty good results!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Last night I used an EQ basket in the 18mm opening of my wand. Pretty good results!
Basically, the same thing... :rockon:

My wand/basket combo is different ID, smaller and not so deep... different mesh on the basket screens... found it to allow smaller dosing and extract very well.

(V2 of this mod in the works...)

I always managed to clean mine off using iso+rubbing a Q-tip in there. Combusted a few times myself, my wands and glass are all good to go.

I got my replacement whips from this seller on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/351179411722?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Or grab a DDave Mod kit and get a silicon one. Those have the most neutral taste, but they end up smelling bad after extended use (as with the other whip as well, but a little worse imo).
I was not able to get the small stains off with iso, I assume soap might be able to wash it off but it is very minor and I'm not worried about it. Ordered those whips and they were delivered extremely quickly :) Thanks

vapelord420,
Reactions: Cemmos

Cemmos

Wheeeeew, I've been using DDave's mod every day since I've gotten it. At first I was switching between the standard SSV wand and the mod depending on my vaping mood, but eventually I stopped using the SSV wand altogether. I use a 3-foot acrylic whip and this bad boy can hit haaaard.

I have combusted possibly five times now? I think, something like that. I just hadn't realized that it was because I was keeping the herb near the heater a little too long, drying it out a little more than it's supposed to be. I hear the sizzling as soon as I inhale, then the flash of the tiny fire. The good thing is with these small doses, it's like using a 1-hitter so it's not terrible. Though for me, a really nicely packed one-hitter since I like to use a good amount. The whip/wand will have a taste for a good three sessions after that, but the nasty ashy taste eventually goes away. I just told myself to suck it up because I used to smoke weed all the time and was fine using a dirty ass pipe. The whip A-Okay!

You know I'm high when I ramble like that. I'm not that much of a talker.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Used my DBV last night for the first time in 7 months.....I forget the power of these 7th Floor products! So damn powerful!

My daughter gave me her DA BUDDHA until I get my new HEATER COVER for my SSV.

The 7th Floor Vaporisers are a lot of bang for the buck$!

stuartambient

My heating element has been leaning on a slant for a while. Now that I have the heater cover off I'm wondering if there is a way to straighten it up? Appreciate some suggestions. Here's a pic, which I took vertically correct but the insert is showing it sideways, not sure why. Thanks!

bf916b0.jpg

Last edited:
stuartambient,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey gang, 7th Floor should have a code for me this weekend that will get you 10% off anything on their site, even blems!

I'll post it in my sig when it's up and running

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Okay...there's three ways I can help you guys out with buying 7th Floor products at a discount. At the end of the day, it's about what is more convenient/better for you.

1 -- you can go to their site and use the code 'stickstones10' and get 10% off anything they have, even blems! (not working for the sidekick yet).
2 -- you can click the link in my signature and use the same code 'stickstones10' and get the same 10% off. When you use my link they give me something as a thanks. Use the code either way...no pressure!
3 -- you can order straight through me and I will place your order direct to 7th Floor for a drop shipment. When we go this route I can give you better discounts. So if you don't mind messaging with me instead of placing the order yourself on their website, you will do better price-wise.

My preference is #3, because I'm a vapor nerd and love talking with you guys about stuff. But 7th Floor and I realize that's not for everyone, and I still want to be able to offer you guys good deals. These vapes kick butt and I'm stoked to be able to help you guys save some money getting them!

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Okay...there's three ways I can help you guys out with buying 7th Floor products at a discount. At the end of the day, it's about what is more convenient/better for you.

1 -- you can go to their site and use the code 'stickstones10' and get 10% off anything they have, even blems! (not working for the sidekick yet).
2 -- you can click the link in my signature and use the same code 'stickstones10' and get the same 10% off. When you use my link they give me something as a thanks. Use the code either way...no pressure!
3 -- you can order straight through me and I will place your order direct to 7th Floor for a drop shipment. When we go this route I can give you better discounts. So if you don't mind messaging with me instead of placing the order yourself on their website, you will do better price-wise.

My preference is #3, because I'm a vapor nerd and love talking with you guys about stuff. But 7th Floor and I realize that's not for everyone, and I still want to be able to offer you guys good deals. These vapes kick butt and I'm stoked to be able to help you guys save some money getting them!
Killer!!!!!

Advise this option #3 as well and can personally vouch for the other two points listed! :rockon: This dude knows his vaping!

Hmmmm???
:cool:
stickstones DD-DBV?

Sounds purdy damn kewl.....

:bowdown:

Popcorn Lung

Alright alright alright... so it's been a good half year of using dbv and I'm loving it! I pack very little sometimes not even covering the screen. I wrap the whip over once so the wand faces north and south and the mouth piece is directly underneath the wand (think of the number 6). Than I pick up and bring my dbv up to the wand.

The 12-3 position works well and I'll increase it thru out my session. I have never combusted even at full temperature. Maybe because I put so little.

Another thing I've done that helps is pucker my lips a little and slowly inhale. I find that this is the only way to really get the erb as dark as my Pax2. I think the puckering of the lips causes a slower draw. Before this I could never get the abv very dark at any temperature. Now it's as black as the abv that comes out of my Pax2. If this matters to anyone... you will not hear the usual whispy air sound that you normally hear during draws from dbv.

I learned this by accident. I was trying to keep the wispy air sound down that dbv makes so the family would not hear and all of a sudden I got a monster draw. I was totally blown away. I didn't need another draw for some time.

I bet a redesign of the mouthpiece/wand would produce similar results.

Once again the dbv has managed to surprise me!

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Alright alright alright... so it's been a good half year of using dbv and I'm loving it! I pack very little sometimes not even covering the screen. I wrap the whip over once so the wand faces north and south and the mouth piece is directly underneath the wand (think of the number 6). Than I pick up and bring my dbv up to the wand.

The 12-3 position works well and I'll increase it thru out my session. I have never combusted even at full temperature. Maybe because I put so little.

Another thing I've done that helps is pucker my lips a little and slowly inhale. I find that this is the only way to really get the erb as dark as my Pax2. I think the puckering of the lips causes a slower draw. Before this I could never get the abv very dark at any temperature. Now it's as black as the abv that comes out of my Pax2. If this matters to anyone... you will not hear the usual whispy air sound that you normally hear during draws from dbv.

I learned this by accident. I was trying to keep the wispy air sound down that dbv makes so the family would not hear and all of a sudden I got a monster draw. I was totally blown away. I didn't need another draw for some time.

I bet a redesign of the mouthpiece/wand would produce similar results.

Once again the dbv has managed to surprise me!
If you want hits like that with ultimate ease, I highly recommend hitting up @DDave for his complete mod kit.

By now, others may think I might be a shill for his moDDs <(See that Dave?) since I am so adamant regarding it's robust exuberance and versatility.

One hit full spectrum extraction by placing the load closer to the heating element.

The WPA (included in the kit) also can function as a mouthpiece that you would love.

The way I start to get my vapor "Barreling" through my whip is by simply breathing in like normal, very very slow steady inhalation, then increase draw speed to avoid charring the load.

I use a white LED light to illuminate the whip or wand (depending on which material I'm using) this visual aid cues me when to slow or increase my draw rate.
Edit: Ambient lighting should be minimal, such as the television providing the only source of light.

The DD-DBV can certainly hang with the High Dollar Vapes, I honestly don't think I need a "better" unit.

I got two DBVs... One I keep as stock(been gathering a little dust) this unit runs a bit hotter than my DDave unit.

7th Floor nailed this Vape IMO... Due to its price-point, I believe that the DBV will remain a very popular Vaporizer for a very long time.
And the moDD makes for a variety of vapor signatures in a single unit.

Win, win, winning!!!!

Thank you DDave, Thank you @7thfoorvapes !!!!!!

Last edited:

Popcorn Lung

If you want hits like that with ultimate ease, I highly recommend hitting up @DDave for his complete mod kit.

By now, others may think I might be a shill for his moDDs <(See that Dave?) since I am so adamant regarding it's robust exuberance and versatility.

One hit full spectrum extraction by placing the load closer to the heating element.

The WPA (included in the kit) also can function as a mouthpiece that you would love.

The way I start to get my vapor "Barreling" through my whip is by simply breathing in like normal, very very slow steady inhalation, then increase draw speed to avoid charring the load.

I use a white LED light to illuminate the whip or wand (depending on which material I'm using) this visual aid cues me when to slow or increase my draw rate.
Edit: Ambient lighting should be minimal, such as the television providing the only source of light.

The DD-DBV can certainly hang with the High Dollar Vapes, I honestly don't think I need a "better" unit.

I got two DBVs... One I keep as stock(been gathering a little dust) this unit runs a bit hotter than my DDave unit.

7th Floor nailed this Vape IMO... Due to its price-point, I believe that the DBV will remain a very popular Vaporizer for a very long time.
And the moDD makes for a variety of vapor signatures in a single unit.

Win, win, winning!!!!

Thank you DDave, Thank you @7thfoorvapes !!!!!!

I was thinking about purchasing DDaves mod... I'm still undecided. I have no problem picking up my dbv and placing it over the wand. That way I'm able to pack very little. So little in fact I can still clearly see half the screen.

You mentioned using the wpa as a mouthpiece. If it constricted the force of the draw the same as puckering my lips than it would be worth checking out. What size wpa did you opt for?

Others here have suggested I try the same type basket screens to slip in my wand.

I use the light from my phone when I blow out to make sure I'm getting a good size hit. I exhale for a second than inhale and repeat every 15 seconds until I can't see anymore vapor.

I notice the grind matters considerably. I use the scs 4 piece and brush out the erb that gets stuck on the teeth. It's so fine and I get the best sessions out of it. I was thinking about purchasing Newvapes fine grinder. With all the vaporizers that are out I'm surprised that their are only two fine grinders that are on the market.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
I was thinking about purchasing DDaves mod... I'm still undecided. I have no problem picking up my dbv and placing it over the wand. That way I'm able to pack very little. So little in fact I can still clearly see half the screen.

You mentioned using the wpa as a mouthpiece. If it constricted the force of the draw the same as puckering my lips than it would be worth checking out. What size wpa did you opt for?

Good Evening Popcorn Lung!

The moDD would make it so you are able to relax back with the whip in hand.
And I myself am disabled, so comfort whilst Vaping is essential.

I like the method in which you are using, but due to my arthritic affliction, it would present a cumbersome experience for me.

I have the 18mm WPA, but when using it as a mouthpiece, the mm is moot, you insert it the opposite way, so the tapered end is where you draw from, like a very small diameter glass straw. (This is why I mentioned it, as I used the pursed lips tech for quite some time).

The thing is with the mod, the vapor path and proximity to the source of heat completely changes the Vapor Signature, insanely pleasant flavors with complete control over the unit.

Others here have suggested I try the same type basket screens to slip in my wand.

Our resident MoDD aficionado went above and beyond with the research, he has custom baskets and custom wands that have differing dimensions of the Stock EQ and ELB basket screens.

I use the light from my phone when I blow out to make sure I'm getting a good size hit. I exhale for a second than inhale and repeat every 15 seconds until I can't see anymore vapor.

Exactly how I did it too, and I still do both, using the white LED to illuminate my wand (you will be very surprised on how effective this works to visually see the vapor as a guide to slow/increase draw rate.

I do the re-inhalation over and over again until nothing else is expelled as well.
Hope this helps, I'd like to have ya aboard a bit more PL.
Have a great night!

Any advice for a dial that spins and never clicks. Removed and dial base does same.

Bummer man... :(
My sincere condolences.

Have the unit shipped to 7th Floor for the 25$ flat rate repair fee?

Maybe mention how long you've supported 7th Floor.....
I've heard a few amazing tales of folks receiving brand new units.

@DDave ...
I've changed my loading tech.

I now use my tweezers to break up and place directly into the basket..

Calyx by calyx.

Even lighter on my tamp.

I love dialing in better sessions every time I use this beast.

G'nite FC :peace:

:zzz:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
We are still ironing out the wrinkles with a 7th Floor discount for you guys and here's where we are now...

-no more code at checkout.
-click the link in my sig to get a 10% automatic discount without dealing with me.
-private message me to put together something that gets you a better deal.

Thanks and holler at me with any questions!

Top Bottom