• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Da Buddha

rolling green

Heat will not be an issue. Never had the heating element lose its cool from drawing. When I used the stock DBV wand and heater cover for larger groups, the biggest issue was removing the wand to stir and reload.
After moving to the SSV style heater cover and wand I've had no issues. mind you I used it with a whip direct draw and never any water tools. I purchased 3 wands and made 3 whips for group settings. Would pack up all 3 and hand them out with picks and everyone would maintain their own whip. If more than 3 people we would pass it around. The DBV would sit in the middle and hit it as they pleased. Never had an issue with the DBV staying hot.

JimmyCricket

Heat will not be an issue. Never had the heating element lose its cool from drawing. When I used the stock DBV wand and heater cover for larger groups, the biggest issue was removing the wand to stir and reload.
After moving to the SSV style heater cover and wand I've had no issues. mind you I used it with a whip direct draw and never any water tools. I purchased 3 wands and made 3 whips for group settings. Would pack up all 3 and hand them out with picks and everyone would maintain their own whip. If more than 3 people we would pass it around. The DBV would sit in the middle and hit it as they pleased. Never had an issue with the DBV staying hot.

So would you say the only annoying thing for group situations was the stirring?

JimmyCricket,

MaxOnLive

Hi guys, hopefully you guys can help me. I got my Buddha a month ago and I have no idea if I'm doing right.
I usually turn it up all the way to 3pm to heat it up, then it is lowered to 1 or 2pm. I try to draw slow, but I don't feel any vapor whatsoever. In my second draw I'll do it a little quicker, but the center of my bowl gets really dark. (Conbustion).

So, my question would be, what would it be the best temperature to get ripped. I read some comments saying that lower temperature with moderate slow draw would be just fine.

Another question, do you inhale all the way to your lungs, or you inhale all the vapor you can in your mouth, and then breath it in!?

I know I need to practice in order to get the hang of it, but after one month I cannot seem to find a good way to enjoy my herbs without worrying if I'm doing right! Thank you so much guys!

MaxOnLive,

GeekyGodiva

Happy Hairy Herbal Faerie
@MaxOnLive Depending on the ambient temp of where I am set up, my knob will be set between 10 o'clock and noon. If my herb is quite old, I may carefully take it to 1 o'clock, but take shorter hits to keep it from going to smoke. If the vapor feels a little hot, I'll take it into my mouth first, but if it is cool enough, or I am using it with a bong, I take the whole hit to my lungs.

GeekyGodiva,

MaxOnLive

@MaxOnLive Depending on the ambient temp of where I am set up, my knob will be set between 10 o'clock and noon. If my herb is quite old, I may carefully take it to 1 o'clock, but take shorter hits to keep it from going to smoke. If the vapor feels a little hot, I'll take it into my mouth first, but if it is cool enough, or I am using it with a bong, I take the whole hit to my lungs.

Thx for the reply!. It seems I have it too hot and doing it too fast. I'll try it to use it this way!! Thank you!

MaxOnLive,

max

Out to lunch
what would it be the best temperature to get ripped.
Higher temp (2-3 on the dial, assuming it clicks on at about 7-8) is closer to the smoke high- more CBD and body effect. Why not start at 12 or under and enjoy all the effects?
I try to draw slow, but I don't feel any vapor whatsoever. In my second draw I'll do it a little quicker, but the center of my bowl gets really dark. (Conbustion).
You're not combusting just because the ABV is dark, and you are getting vapor if the herb turns from green to brown, whether you feel it or not. When you draw slow you're getting a higher temp than when you draw fast. A fast/hard draw will bring in much more cold air, more quickly, overtaxing the heater and lowering your temp.

MaxOnLive

Higher temp (2-3 on the dial, assuming it clicks on at about 7-8) is closer to the smoke high- more CBD and body effect. Why not start at 12 or under and enjoy all the effects?

I'm gonna try to use under 12 from now on. The only problem is that I dont feel the "vapor" when inhaling at such temperature ( I want a head high), so I assume it should be at higher temperature.

You're not combusting just because the ABV is dark, and you are getting vapor if the herb turns from green to brown, whether you feel it or not. When you draw slow you're getting a higher temp than when you draw fast. A fast/hard draw will bring in much more cold air, more quickly, overtaxing the heater and lowering your temp.

Drawing faster/hard would not burn the herbs!? if not, do you leave your herbs plug in before drawing!? I try to leave it for 1 to 2 min. Is it fine!?
Thx u!

MaxOnLive,

max

Out to lunch
Think about a convection vape like this one being like a car heater. With the temp turned to hot, you get heat production. When you turn on the fan, the hot air comes in through the vents. If you turn up the fan to high though, you're pulling in a lot more cold air and the heater can't heat up all that cold air fast enough, so on the high fan setting you're getting hot air faster, but at a lower temp. It works the same for the air conditioning. Turn up the fan and you get more cold air quicker, but it's not as cold as a lower fan speed would provide.

So your draw speed affects the temp you get in the bowl. If the temp is set high and you load a fresh bowl, you can draw hard/fast and vaporize at a lower temp. After a hit or two, you can slow down your draw and get a little higher temp in the bowl. There are some vapes where draw speed has less effect on the temp, but this isn't one of 'em. After it's been on a while the glass heater cover WILL get hot, and add to the temp a little, but not a lot.
do you leave your herbs plug in before drawing!? I try to leave it for 1 to 2 min. Is it fine!?
With this type of vape, it doesn't matter much. Leaving the bowl attached will heat it up a little, but the ambient and conduction heating won't add much heat unless you leave it for quite a while.

MaxOnLive

Think about a convection vape like this one being like a car heater. With the temp turned to hot, you get heat production. When you turn on the fan, the hot air comes in through the vents. If you turn up the fan to high though, you're pulling in a lot more cold air and the heater can't heat up all that cold air fast enough, so on the high fan setting you're getting hot air faster, but at a lower temp. It works the same for the air conditioning. Turn up the fan and you get more cold air quicker, but it's not as cold as a lower fan speed would provide.

So your draw speed affects the temp you get in the bowl. If the temp is set high and you load a fresh bowl, you can draw hard/fast and vaporize at a lower temp. After a hit or two, you can slow down your draw and get a little higher temp in the bowl. There are some vapes where draw speed has less effect on the temp, but this isn't one of 'em. After it's been on a while the glass heater cover WILL get hot, and add to the temp a little, but not a lot.

With this type of vape, it doesn't matter much. Leaving the bowl attached will heat it up a little, but the ambient and conduction heating won't add much heat unless you leave it for quite a while.

I'm smoking right now at the 11 temperature as you suggested. It is a slow high as it seems. When i used to put it at 2 or 3, i got high really fast but my weed burn out fast. I'm in my 6th draw and my weed is still greenish. I'm loving it!. Now I understand the praises Vaporizers receive. Im gonna save so much weed (The weed in NYC is ridiculously priced!)

Thank you Max, Geeky and the rest of you guys. Im gonna go back to my "electric relaxation".
See you around!

JimmyCricket

What are some websites that are authorized resellers of the DBV that the warranty would actually be valid if I purchased from? Is this something I should be concerned about, or should I just try to purchase one with the cheapest price tag?

JimmyCricket,

GeekyGodiva

Happy Hairy Herbal Faerie
What are some websites that are authorized resellers of the DBV that the warranty would actually be valid if I purchased from? Is this something I should be concerned about, or should I just try to purchase one with the cheapest price tag?
It gets mass-dropped pretty frequently, which will get you a good price and definitely be covered under warranty.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
On DBV's website it says you can request any SSV HC for your DBV.

I've seen SGG on the DBV but not a standard HC.

Tweak,
Reactions: cluffy

cluffy

Vaker
I have an SSV type HC on my DBV, 7th Floor made them, then stopped, then started again. I don't know if they still make them now, but an email will probably get you the answer. I love it with the Vapor Bros. mini-wand.

cluffy,

JimmyCricket

Pulled the trigger on Da Buddha! Really excited to finally have a desktop. Any beginner tips I should know about?

JimmyCricket,

Dark_Wolf

Registered Vaporist
I've had a few session with Da Buddha and so far I'm pretty impressed. It's really for a user like myself who takes a few draws here and there to get medicated. Plus, the heat up time is great!

Top Bottom