D020-D vs Mobius sidecar (knockoffs)

Megaton

So these two bongs look much the same to my very much untrained eye.

I am looking at buying my first glass (well the bongs i had at Uni don't count!) And i wondered what people here thought would be my best bet!

Both of these look attractive enough, and seem to do more or less the same thing, so what would you go for?

Megaton,

Doktor Dub

Just take one, both well respected here and glass is personal so you have to start somewhere to learn what you like.... if you have one piece and can tell what you like and what not or which difference you would appreciate with your second one it will be much easier to help you with the decision...

just my :2c:

Megaton

Mostly a vapcap, dont have a vong body yet, so id have to get a fat mouthpiece.

Iv also got a SBjr and ill be getting a splinter when the international orders ship, so i would consider getting WPAs for them too at some point.

Megaton,

howie105

So these two bongs look much the same to my very much untrained eye.

I am looking at buying my first glass (well the bongs i had at Uni don't count!) And i wondered what people here thought would be my best bet!

Both of these look attractive enough, and seem to do more or less the same thing, so what would you go for?

I have the D020-D and it works for its intendant purposes. Beyond that I avoid the China glass debate because it never goes anywheres new.

howie105,
Reactions: Megaton

Doktor Dub

Have fun experimenting, fat Mouthpiece works good, you can also try and search O-rings in a good size to put them over the mouthpiece or body of your Vapcap - much nicer and cleaner looking.
And you can try a reducer to 10mm - some peaple like this just with the VC as it is or you can use a very small o ring...

SBjr can be used with the (expensive) WPA or with a little piece of silicone hose and i would strongly advise to try your SB through water!

BTW - if you order your piece, ad a reducer from 18 to 14 mm and perhaps also 14 to 10 mm - cost not much and you will be happy to have them at hand. :2c:

Megaton

Thanks @howie105 not intending to start a authentic vs clone debate, i can only afford china glass either way.

Thanks again @Doktor Dub good info there! I can only imagine my sticky brick through glass, the hits are already huge!

The d020-d seems to make most sense as it is alreadt a 14mm joint, so closer to the size i need to adapt to, the mobius is 18mm right?

The mobius is more aesthetically appealing to me.

Megaton,

Skunkport

No idea which is best, but they're both 18mm joints that I can see.

I'm cheap, I bought a tiny little bong for my vapcap, and this one for my Arizer Extreme

- https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/the-new-cheap-clear-glass-bottle-bong-it/401484075.html

Chugs away very nicely I think, but I have about the same experience as you. It was recommended as 3rd best Vape bong on reddit:- https://www.reddit.com/r/chinaglass/comments/7wiia8/top_five_bong_winners/
so it can't be that bad, feels like a beer bottle in the hand. Which is a problem, I'll probably try taking a swig out of it at some point.

Megaton

Hey @Skunkport thanks for your thoughts! I was chatting over at the dynavap thread too.

I love the idea of those little pieces, but i think i want something i can stack a hit up in, rather than just lengthening the air path. That said, i probably won't be able to resist it at that price!

Skunkport

Actually, that DO20-D is 18mm but it does include an 18 to 14mm reducer, just noticed that.

Yeah I've really not much clue what I'm doing, just trying things out atm so I figured cheap was the way to start.

LabPong

Megaton.....if you order the D020-D....check to make sure you can get the 14/18 adapter with it...i am pretty sure the last couple i got from sunshinestore had them. Even another seller did with a D020-9 which is my current favorite. Check out my setup here.

The D020 D is perfect for smaller vapes and the vapcap. I use my arizers on it as well.

LabPong,

Megaton

Thanks @LabPong another piece to go on my short list!

Another question- for those with Mobius Sidecars, how did you decide between left and right stems?

Last edited:
Megaton,

Megaton

For any that are interested- i bought a mobius sidecar knockoff with a left hand stem and a 14mm joint! Hopefully will have had my first taste of vape bonging by the weekend after next!

Edit: @Skunkport i also bought one of those mini bubblers too, just coz i could!

Last edited:

LabPong

Does the centered mouthpiece stand higher than the sidecar @LabPong ?

It depends on the can height....I have seen a 1 inch deviation on these types of units. But might be close to same or not much or less than the sidecar ones. The center mouthpiece one I have is about 8 inches tall at the mouth piece end. For a larger volume glass unit.....it is very nice to have such a smaller footprint for storage places and carrying around if needed.

I never had a side car...so I can't give you any experience there with height...but i think it might be close.

Last edited:
LabPong,
Top Bottom