Gear D-nail thread

biohacker

what are yalls go to temps for SiC?

That depends on what material you're dabbing... have you read through any of the thread? In general, 500's are your friend.... start low, experiment high (hehe), and go UPTEMP for the win! (if you haven't read any of my posts recently)

Wow the handle get's much warmer with the d-nail carp cab, I only notice it on longer sessions though.

As soon as I dumped the fork tipped for NV's scoop shovel dabber all my hot handle problems went away. Guess that happens with you have an extra inch! ;) I also cap, hit it, and remove...and never preheat the cap. For those few times that I zoned out and left the cap on for protracted periods of time... well, i'd rather just forgot about those incidents :rofl:

@JCat is the proud new owner of my forked tip dabber! (even though he hasn't received it yet :lol:) Sweet trade for a 14mm base (finally!)

Oh yeah, D-nail contacted me and said they MIGHT have ONE Sapphire Halo (from their photo shoot) still available for sale. I'm not interested but if anyone is, contact them and ask stat!

For static temp dabs Im usually around 510-530, for uptemps from ambient Ill set it to 520 so it overshoots to 545ish

How big are those dabs? That's pretty low temp dude!

JCat

Accessory Maker
Some of us are having issues with orders we have placed with D-Nail:

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer
Yeah ... 10 days since placing my order, still shows as “processing”, followed up with them after 7 days, and they have not responded.

Everything I ordered (a slim base with a carb cap) was in stock when I ordered it ...

I’m going to call them on Monday and I hope they will take a loss on this order to ship it to me in an expedited fashion as it looks like it won’t have even shipped by Monday when I should be receiving it at the latest before next weekend ...

So far my d-nail experience has been extremely poor (sorta’ like Hopper Labs ....)

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Some of us are having issues with orders we have placed with D-Nail:

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Im not in any way saying they are not currently having some sort of issue, I mean their 4/20 sale was still up until 7/10 and they have been out of stock on practically all of their Halos since that sale.......

that being said, d-nail has, IMO and IME, an EXCEPTIONAL track record going back several solid years of righting their wrongs and "doing right" by people. I read your post and understand your specific situation but I wouldn't shade them like they are up to no good or that people should truly be wary of doing business with them.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Im not in any way saying they are not currently having some sort of issue, I mean their 4/20 sale was still up until 7/10 and they have been out of stock on practically all of their Halos since that sale.......

that being said, d-nail has, IMO and IME, an EXCEPTIONAL track record going back several solid years of righting their wrongs and "doing right" by people. I read your post and understand your specific situation but I wouldn't shade them like they are up to no good or that people should truly be wary of doing business with them.
Yeah ... I’m pretty confident I will eventually get my stuff, but currently am pretty disappointed; they also haven’t responded to my email I sent to them outside of their order system. I will also try following up now by phone to see if that works any better than their order system or email.

I’m hoping it has actually shipped and just it hasn’t updated in the system.

biohacker

I’m hoping it has actually shipped and just it hasn’t updated in the system.

That's what sort of happened to me. I remember when I ordered my kit a few months ago I was panicking because I paid like $45 for express shipping and received no communication, emails, nothing. The tracking number was located in my account online and I overlooked it and it arrived a couple days later. Doesn't appear to be your case, but I was so excited when I found out it was just my error, although I still think they should automate an email when it's shipped/tracking number received.

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion

Thank you for the response - I respect and appreciate you sharing your opinion and experience with the company. I don’t doubt that they have sold great products and that they have made their previous customers very happy.

I’ve not bought from them before, but I ended up on their website because a friend was nice enough to share one of their controllers with me. The custom colors/styles on their controllers are pretty unique on the market (from what I’ve seen), and people here rave about their SiC dishes. That’s why I thought a setup with both would make a great gift.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by “shade them”? I have no idea what they are or aren’t up to, but I do know that they owe me more than $800 that they promised to refund a month ago. It’s not like I’m waiting on stock or shipping - I just want them to refund my CC already.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Thank you for the response - I respect and appreciate you sharing your opinion and experience with the company. I don’t doubt that they have sold great products and that they have made their previous customers very happy.

I’ve not bought from them before, but I ended up on their website because a friend was nice enough to share one of their controllers with me. The custom colors/styles on their controllers are pretty unique on the market (from what I’ve seen), and people here rave about their SiC dishes. That’s why I thought a setup with both would make a great gift.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by “shade them”? I have no idea what they are or aren’t up to, but I do know that they owe me more than $800 that they promised to refund a month ago. It’s not like I’m waiting on stock or shipping - I just want them to refund my CC already.

When you said "be careful folks".......as if they are not to be trusted. You have a valid issue and they are definitely dropping the ball, however, Dnail is one of if not the most reputable and solid name in the game, this isn't my opinion, this is fact based upon length of time making products constantly available for sale and commanding much higher prices for them then other units, other units that are often straight copies of dnails designs and their units are reviewed more then any other brand you could name. Note Im not saying they are the "best" by any means. Be careful dealing with CCA sure, be careful dealing with pre ordering of any type of gear from small start ups also but, I still say trust dnail.

ViCKi LEEKX

When you said "be careful folks".......as if they are not to be trusted. You have a valid issue and they are definitely dropping the ball, however, Dnail is one of if not the most reputable and solid name in the game, this isn't my opinion, this is fact based upon length of time making products constantly available for sale and commanding much higher prices for them then other units, other units that are often straight copies of dnails designs and their units are reviewed more then any other brand you could name. Note Im not saying they are the "best" by any means. Be careful dealing with CCA sure, be careful dealing with pre ordering of any type of gear from small start ups also but, I still say trust dnail.

That’s fair. I didn’t intend to imply that their products were anything less than stellar. I’ll make sure to update when I get my money back, which should be soon either way.

Nice glass BTW - Mobius pieces are butter on a biscuit! I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Atlas before but it’s got a fun shape to it!

shredder

That’s fair. I didn’t intend to imply that their products were anything less than stellar. I’ll make sure to update when I get my money back, which should be soon either way.

Nice glass BTW - Mobius pieces are butter on a biscuit! I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Atlas before but it’s got a fun shape to it!

You have a valid complaint, I'd be upset as well.

I've only had a few orders from dnail and they went well. But I take it they are a small company, with just a few employees. So if you have like 3 employees, and one is on vacation, one gets sick things slow down. It's just the nature of a small company. I suspect something along those lines happened, but whatever it was, I'm sure you will be made whole.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
When I ordered my carb cab I didn't get a confirmation email, but I saw my credit card had been charged. I emailed them 2 days later when I still didn't have an email. A day or 2 later I got a response from them and the package on the same day.

They were a little slow responding and I'm still not sure what happened with the confirmation email (I checked my spam and trash folders), but cs was friendly and tried to help and I got my stuff.

I figured I'd chime in with my experience since people were bringing it up.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I've never used it, but it does look like it would be a lot more stable than D-nail's 14/18 stepped adaptor.

However just from the looks of it, it seems to have a lot more metal mass than the D-nail parts.

I would personally rather use a 14-18mm reducer with D-nails fantastic 14mm male base on the Slim Series with its nicely finned heatsink and slim design.

ViCKi LEEKX

I’ll make sure to update when I get my money back, which should be soon either way.
On Monday morning I initiated a chargeback through my CC company. They issued a temporary credit to my card for the amount of the purchase and said they’d be in contact with D-Nail for a resolution. Yesterday evening D-Nail finally issued my refund.

I am so glad that’s over.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Curious on any thoughts about this base vs the slim series 14/18 combo. This one looks like it would seat in an 18mm joint much better?

http://www.planetvape.ca/high-five-hybrid-nail.html

IMO, a much better setup is using a low profile male18/male14 and use the 14/18f DI dnail joint, that way its easier to clean, and removes practically all the heat from your piece......and you get to keep the slim bases uptemp ease and cool down speed

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/d-nail-sapphire-dish

What a deal! :rofl:

I may perhaps be imagining things, but I swear I read someone stating that D-nail would again be stocking the sapphire halo within a month or so? Can't remember if it was in this thread, or another, or another forum :\

Either way, this is where it should show up!

http://www.d-nail.com/sapphire-halo

There is also this one in the classifieds, although I personally wouldn't want to buy the sapphire halo second hand myself.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/d-nail-sapphire-halo.29258/

WOW!! $522 for Dnail Sapphire Halo!!! When i bought my Sapphire Halo last year, i was under the impression i needed to get it now before they are gone as it was a limited release. I guess they werent lying on that one.

biohacker

WOW!! $522 for Dnail Sapphire Halo!!!

Hurry! There are only 2 left! :rofl:

I'd really love to test out a sapphire halo....d-nail never did get back to me after dangling the carrot about having one possibly in stock, so I guess they either don't or are too busy dealing with backorders.

Then again after reading about all the reports of cracked halos even with careful use, i'm not so sure.. unless they were a bad batch. Maybe at twice the cost of SiC, but not more..

Time for some breakfast wakey bakey Grapefruit Sauce FSE PHO uptemped to 560! :rockon:

4 months later, and the D-nail SiC Halo continues to shine as a VAS KILLER! :nod:

Last edited:
Top Bottom