Gear D-nail thread

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
My main goal is to vaporize the HTE / terpene rich compounds first at a lower temp where I can handle it, and then turn up the temperature to convert the THCA and vaporize the higher boiling point compounds. I like a lot of flavor so I take medium sized dabs and I usually get 3-8 pulls per dab.

So I might not start as low as some others, and I might take more time to get to the max temp, but it gives me many more super flavorful pulls at lower temperatures vs a faster up-temp.

Sorry for the super shitty morning dab-before-work video.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My main goal is to vaporize the HTE / terpene rich compounds first at a lower temp where I can handle it, and then turn up the temperature to convert the THCA and vaporize the higher boiling point compounds. I like a lot of flavor so I take medium sized dabs and I usually get 3-8 pulls per dab.

IMO this is where quartz excels, a longer thermal curve over the course of the uptemp.

Short of editing your PID parameters which should accomplish the same idea but I'm not much of a mather.

biohacker

@SamuraiSam I love you like a brother, I really do.... but dude watching that video broke my heart! You are exhaling those hits as fast as they're getting in your lungs! I vape the same material, and my experience is so much different...no coughing whatsoever, and I can hold and savour the smooth hits like it's air from an uptemp. Vids to follow!

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Agree. It looked a bit like someone in the death row who has just 3 minutes for a last dabbing before execution.

BTW are there any legal states in the US with death penality? And what's about prisoners in legal states. Is it allowed to them to use weed in jail?

biohacker

Agree. It looked a bit like someone in the death row who has just 3 minutes for a last dabbing before execution.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lmao: It's the LAST MEAL!!! :D

BTW are there any legal states in the US with death penality? And what's about prisoners in legal states. Is it allowed to them to use weed in jail?

My perception (aka ignorance) as a non-american is that some states still have the death penalty. Not sure about weed in jail, but my GUESS would be NO! :lol:

shredder

For sure there are some states with dp but are there any among legal states?

In general most states that have the death penalty are in the south, and the most opposition to mj again in general is also in the south. But laws and opinions on mj are changing in the states relatively fast. And there are some states in the south with legal medical mj, like Florida and Arizona, and others with a phony cbd medical law. But again things are changing fast. I think about 8 states are legal recreationally and others like my home state of Michigan are voting on full legalization this fall.

The states with the most user friendly laws were pretty much all voter initiated and the states with the most restriction use of mj are legislature inacted. A good sign that people are way out in front of, head in the sand politicians.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
MOST (like 30 last time I looked) states still have capital punishment, and all of the "important mj states" IMO......The entire west coast, NV and Colo, all are death penalty and mj legal.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
@SamuraiSam I love you like a brother, I really do.... but dude watching that video broke my heart! You are exhaling those hits as fast as they're getting in your lungs! I vape the same material, and my experience is so much different...no coughing whatsoever, and I can hold and savour the smooth hits like it's air from an uptemp. Vids to follow!
Yes I am exhaling the hits as fast as they are getting in my lungs! With these high terpene live resins I process, the higher amounts of monoterpenes can be very harsh, which is why I like spending more time at the lower temperatures. Are the concentrates that work with your technique substances which have a thin "HTE" layer in which THCA crystals swim? If not they may not have the same degree of terpene intensity as the concentrates which I'm dabbing on. If I were to uptemp over a shorter duration with the same sized dab, my dab would have much, much thicker vapor which would be of an even harsher, more cough inducing nature.

Edit; your second video shows off some nice looking concentrates! But for me the dish at the end is not fully vaporized. I just take more pulls off a dab than you do, and I do not hold anything in my lungs.

Do you know the total terpene percentage? My extracts usually come out at 15-25% terpene content depending on the material

biohacker

But for me the dish at the end is not fully vaporized

Dude, these were slap chopped together rookie vids, I agree and I wouldn't leave that oil and would have vaped it up fully.

No idea on the terp percentage, but I have a ridiculous amount and variety of material, especially the terp saps from Elevated Extracts, and my favourite is still PHO! I have the same performance with the uptemps across the board.

All good bro, I actually mostly micro dab and hold my hits and don't exhale monstrous clouds like the vids I posted. They are just too tasty and smooth! No way i'm EXHALING $75/g! :lol:

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I finally ordered the carb cap on the 4th to treat myself and I do like it more. It's way lighter, smaller, easier to place, the threading is in the center, and it seals better. It's one of the few things I own where I don't think it's worth the price, but I would buy again in a heartbeat. My only issue is the handle from my old one *barely* screws in, luckily it's enough to hold. With the sic dish and their slim body it all just works so well together, totally worth buying if you dab even just semi-often.

I wish I'd done it sooner.

There's a reason I've been clamoring for a rotary encoder actuated e-nail like D-nail started developing years ago and gave up because they don't care anymore?? and it's because dials are easy to turn and holding one button down while pushing another one on a lightweight box that slides on a tabletop while your other hand is occupied dabbing is F*** stupid and I'm sick of it.
My last pid/controller was like that, I had it up against my wall so it wouldn't move on button presses. I definitely prefer to have 1 easy to turn dial instead of 2 hard to press buttons.

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
I've recently purchased an RDK-300 with a flat coil and a dnail halo with slim base and carb cap. I have a SiC dish on the way. Does the sic dish need to be seasoned extensively in the same way titanium nails do? I've had my titanium nail for about 2 weeks now and its still not where i want it to be in terms of taste and flavor. Seems like titanium takes a while to season.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I've recently purchased an RDK-300 with a flat coil and a dnail halo with slim base and carb cap. I have a SiC dish on the way. Does the sic dish need to be seasoned extensively in the same way titanium nails do? I've had my titanium nail for about 2 weeks now and its still not where i want it to be in terms of taste and flavor. Seems like titanium takes a while to season.

Good lord no! SIC (nor any other ceramic or quartz for that matter) requires no seasoning whatsoever, just run it under some water after you open it to get any dust off but beyond that you are good to go and get ready for a whole new world of better dabs

Top Bottom