Gear D-nail thread

biohacker

Once you taste that flavor, there's no going back!

No kidding! But damn, it's dangerously addicting it's so damn tasty!

I'd use all my pieces dry if my bronchias and lungs wouldn't be so sensitive.

I haven't tried it with rosin yet, but with shatter i'm almost thinking it's smoother than with water! I don't think rosin will be this smooth.

MileHighHuman

Funny.

I love flower vapor dry, but do not really like concentrate vapor.

Too much of that sticky residue from the vapor gets stuck on my lips/teeth and for some reason that gives off more of a waxy type taste from my experiences. I've attempted with BHO and rosin.

The residue on my glass from flower vapor doesn't offend me as much it seems too. But, those balls of wax that get filtered out when using water do not look very appealing imo.

Also off topic, but has anyone thought about getting some custom sized inserts produced for DNAIL dishes for up temp hits?

MileHighHuman,
Reactions: SamuraiSam

biohacker

Tried it with rosin, terp sauces, and pretty much every type of extract I have.... there is no going back! It's like my glass maintenance has been cut even more! Near zero reclaim?? SO SMOOTH!!

I went back. :brow:

Water on the daily, dry when the urge strikes! Both have their pros/cons indeed. Settled on minimal water just so the perk fires and keeping my glass pieces on the smaller side.

Thinking about getting that Polar Shift thermal mat...just to warm up shatter.

biohacker

After reading the explanation behind the science of the Wik surface on the d-Nail site though how could you get anything but @biohacker ? ... :lol: ... seems to me like you should actually probably get both so that we all can all make educated decisions based on your review! ;)

Don't tempt me! :evil::lol: I already have enough inner dialogue going on with that Sapphire Halo just posted in the Classifieds! :rofl:

biohacker

Oh man ... you should definitely get that too!!!! :lol: Just think of how nice it would be to have SiC, Saphire, Wik Quartz, and Quartz ... that would be awesome! !! :lol:

Honestly was just thinking of the NV $10 quartz as a backup. I have no interest in vaping off of quartz. And I think that the sapphire is a deal breaker, as the High5 omron heats up too fast! :lol:

Anyone know why D-nail dropped the Sapphire halo? Or why it was limited?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Sweet, and it's not that i'm against quartz or anything because I know some prefer it over SiC, it's mostly the ease of maintenance and the use of lower temps. My experience with quartz has been similar to Ti, not good.

lol well I went to try my idea for an uptemp and just dropped the dish in without the retaining nut, but I snagged it taking the carb cap off and the dish fell out and broke :rofl:

Ibn Vapin

DIY Noob
Tried googling it with no results, but what's the difference between an enail and a dnail? When I googled it I got something about email and snail mail lol. Feel free to DM me to answer so as to not clutter up the thread!

Ibn Vapin,
Reactions: shredder

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Tried googling it with no results, but what's the difference between an enail and a dnail? When I googled it I got something about email and snail mail lol. Feel free to DM me to answer so as to not clutter up the thread!

d-nail is a manufacturer of enail controllers and nails for vaping. They use 5-pin xlr connectors for the heater and have a specific pin layout for the connectors. They have a range of controllers including a DIY model that you can put together. There are other enail manufacturers who share the same pin layout and connectors so the components are compatible with one another.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm pretty sure d-nail doesn't warranty any damaged caused by using non d-nail hardware with d-nail equipment.

Last edited:

biohacker

Do any of you ever torch your sic nails while away from the grid? Curious on your method, torch time, cool down, etc. Just received my Blazer Big Buddy torch, and am finally good to go! Just don't wanna waste a lot experimenting! :lol:

Also, is the sapphire halo just as easy to clean as the SiC by being able to set it to 250 and do a q-tip sponge mop?

Last edited:
Top Bottom