Gear D-nail thread

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Speaking of cleaning the halo's and carb caps, did ya'll see the dabbers cleaning glass that's being made?

Cheap, high-quality bubbler??

MwbfHwU.jpg

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Have you had any success? My cap is pretty nasty....the hot cap and qtip doesn't seem to be doing the trick and soaking it in ISO only gives me partial success. I suppose the next step is the torch!

I really think I need to start preheating my cap more frequently, but I find it such a pain when using the dabber on it too.

Once dirty, I had to use torch to get clean, iso=useless

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I really need something to hang my cap on.... it's sticking to every surface I put it on. Usually just use a piece of cardboard for a while and then toss, rinse and repeat. @psychonaut that looks perfect for my qtips AND tossing the cap in there upside down!
I have two small dab mats on a very large dabmat. The smalls are for my carb cap and dab tools. The 2 smalls have stained quite a bit but are easy to clean after awhile has gone by. The large dab mat rarely needs to be cleaned and a simple wipe down is all it ever needs with this method.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I use the 99% PSP from Costco (4 pack), and it only works so much, however I haven't soaked it overnight nor used it in a baggy properly in tub of hot water. Heated ISO works so much better than room temp ISO IME.
I use a baggy of ISO with my parts in it and use a pot w/ boiling water with a strainer in it; I heat the ISO/part(s) in the baggy holding it in the water in the strainer (w/ the baggy not sealed so if it starts to inflate it won't explode!), and then when it starts to bubble, take the baggy out, seal it, and shake vigorously. Once your ISO is good and brown, then dump out, rinse, and repeat until done.

(I'm impatient so I can't wait for overnight soaks ... lol ... + this works better ...this is how I clean my SS concentrate pads for my Firefly 2 as well ... then final step is to just boil the parts in the water so as to get rid of any remaining ISO ...)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I used to do the boiling water thing, now I just microwave some ISO in a glass jar. I agree it works much better than room temp solvent.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: shredder

biohacker

Have you tried the 99%? I personally find it to be significantly better, at least when it comes to cold soaks ... or maybe it's all in my head ... but I don't think so ...?

I found it night and day difference.... I don't even bother buying 70% anymore... just my little prosoak wipes, but they don't come in 99%, only 70%. Where is your nearest Costco? :)

JCat

Accessory Maker
I found it night and day difference.... I don't even bother buying 70% anymore... just my little prosoak wipes, but they don't come in 99%, only 70%. Where is your nearest Costco? :)
Closest Costco to me is about a 5-6 hour drive each way ... :lol: ... they have it at the Independent Grocer though too here! (since they don't carry it at Walmart nor Shoppers Drug Mart any longer ...)

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I used to do the boiling water thing, now I just microwave some ISO in a glass jar. I agree it works much better than room temp solvent.

I microwave my ISO in a squeezable plastic condiment bottle; buy at the grocery store for a buck.
Makes it easy to heat the ISO and then squirt it into your rig for quick and easy cleaning.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I microwave my ISO in a squeezable plastic condiment bottle; buy at the grocery store for a buck.
Makes it easy to heat the ISO and then squirt it into your rig for quick and easy cleaning.
Is it safe to microwave ISO? For that matter ... is it really safe to microwave most plastics! :lol: ... just kidding about the plastics (sort of), but really, curious, is it safe to microwave ISO?

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Is it safe to microwave ISO? For that matter ... is it really safe to microwave most plastics! :lol: ... just kidding about the plastics (sort of), but really, curious, is it safe to microwave ISO?

You have to be careful as it flash boils quite quickly.
I put in ~ 1/2 cup (?) the bottle and nuke for ~27secs.
I put a paper towel over the top and watch it as it 'waves, if you see the paper towel move press stop immediately.
If you don't catch it in time it "explodes" up and out coating your microwave and making it easy to clean that caked on gunk (that's about the best way to look at it and that's not that good).
You don't want it to quite boil.

There was a terrible story going around IG last year about some who put ISO in their rug and nuked it.
Shattered the rig.
The custom Dosa / Sleek (?) rig that probably ran 10-20k.

PS Glass container + a small funnel would be best, but that squeeze bottle is just so damn easy.

JCat

Accessory Maker
You have to be careful as it flash boils quite quickly.
I put in ~ 1/2 cup (?) the bottle and nuke for ~27secs.
I put a paper towel over the top and watch it as it 'waves, if you see the paper towel move press stop immediately.
If you don't catch it in time it "explodes" up and out coating your microwave and making it easy to clean that caked on gunk (that's about the best way to look at it and that's not that good).
You don't want it to quite boil.

There was a terrible story going around IG last year about some who put ISO in their rug and nuked it.
Shattered the rig.
The custom Dosa / Sleek (?) rig that probably ran 10-20k.

PS Glass container + a small funnel would be best, but that squeeze bottle is just so damn easy.
I think I'm going to stick to my boiling water method! ... :lol: ...

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I use gallons of alcohol a month and the difference between 70% and 99% for cleaning purposes is massive. IMO.

I just use the Halo itself to warm the carp cab and Q tips to wipe it out while its warm.

Once in a while.. it's been a few months so I guess I'm overdue... I might occasionally forget about a dab that I didn't clear... so when I walk back to my desk and see the carb cap sitting on a hot nail... I'm in for a fun clean up session... usually while suuuper lit....

The cap is gonna be roasting hot (500 plus degrees) and theres still oil in the dish. Yay. So ill use some paper towel as insulation to pick up the handle and set it down on some silicone pads and wipe off the cap as it cools down, and the handle is safe to touch. Shut off the nail and q tip it out and use distilled water on the first round. As it cools enough for alcohol to not boil away instantaneously I'll scrub at the dish and carb cap with alcohol soaked Q tips or if the carb cap is gnarly enough, just set the whole thing, (handle and all, for easy retrieval) in to a shot glass, and pour 99% isopropyl alcohol over it to soak.

I keep all my stuff on top of Oil Slick mats of various types - a 2' x 3" mat lines my dab station desktop, and a few smaller Slick Stacks provide convenient 'dirty zones' I place anywhere to set hot / dirty/ sticky items like carb caps and the business end of dabbers on. (Helps me keep my tabletop free of sticky residues that could end up on a cell phone or wallet when I forget to clean up oily residues)

biohacker

I don't think it's safe to microwave anything other than maybe water....I tossed my microwave in the trash about 5-6 years ago! :) I suppose a toaster oven wouldn't be very feasible :lol:

biohacker

Once in a while.. it's been a few months so I guess I'm overdue... I might occasionally forget about a dab that I didn't clear... so when I walk back to my desk and see the carb cap sitting on a hot nail... I'm in for a fun clean up session... usually while suuuper lit....

I think this is what really did it to my cap.... it's happened 3 times I think....even just separating the cap from the halo was heart breaking....and holy fuck that dabber gets HOT! I have my Blazer Big Buddy on its way (thanks to your feedback in that thread @steama !) and hoping it can make my cap/dabber combo look better than with the oil stains it has on it ATM. The worst parts are those ledges/shelves inside the cap... they get lined with sticky icky oil!

Last week was my first experience in dealing with d-nail and I can honestly say their customer service is absolutely stellar. I will buy from them again simply because I like those people so much.

I have documented my interaction with them after I received my kit and had the same experience! :rockon:

biohacker

Just curious, how many of you are dabbing and NOT using water in your bongs? Just tried it for the first time.... mucho gusto! Didn't feel that way about flower dry in the past..

I definitely notice increased effects and taste! It was smooth.... .05g Alaskan Thunderfuck shatter... can't get the taste off my smacker!!

sweetherb

Just curious, how many of you are dabbing and NOT using water in your bongs? Just tried it for the first time.... mucho gusto! Didn't feel that way about flower dry in the past..

I definitely notice increased effects and taste! It was smooth.... .05g Alaskan Thunderfuck shatter... can't get the taste off my smacker!!

I gave up water in all my glass pieces about 2 years ago - for both flower and concentrates. Once you taste that flavor, there's no going back!

Top Bottom