• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear D-nail thread

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Well I suppose we can always DIY american made PID controllers if that's what's so important =) That is disappointing if true that they would have that wording in there.

psychonaut,
Reactions: shredder

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Not according to the website description -

"All vaporizers are assembled in New York. Every component is either built, designed, or both in America, Canada, or Europe."

This was already on thin ice to begin with but there was the disgruntled employee that literally confirmed that its totally BS their stuff is "made in the USA" beyond MAYBE final assembly

ensabbahnur,
Reactions: shredder

Baron23

Not according to the website description -

"All vaporizers are assembled in New York. Every component is either built, designed, or both in America, Canada, or Europe."
Yeah, but if you look inside most PID controllers there is the PID assembly which is definitely coming from China silicon foundries, if done well there will be an external solid state relay, a power cord connector, some on/off buttons, XLR connector, in a stamped out box. Yeah, they have to program and set parameter values in the PID itself...that's about it.

I would be surprised if all of these sub-assemblies aren't originated in China even if the box is assembled in USA or "designed" elsewhere.

Yes, I'm speculating but I would wager this is the case. Same with Auber.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Would an Omron controller be superior to the dnail since it's Japanese? Looking at the High5 LCD.

Id say almost certainly. While I haven't tried the newer dnail PID, it looks like 50 other cheapy basic PIDs that i have used.

IME nothing else has ever come close to the e5cc PID for temp stability and hitting temps time and again, plus the LCD is the best display I've ever seen on a PID

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
@ensabbahnur is that this one?

http://www.planetvape.ca/high-five-lcd-1-enail.html

Was planning on picking up the sic halo and maybe sapphire insert and base + dabber! Just retired flowers so I need a new toy!

Yup, I have the High5 v2 which is the wider unit that goes in the pelican case but its the same e5cc PID. The only gripe I have with it is High5 gear is wired to their own non standard wiring and they use a version of the PID that uses a mechanical relay as opposed to a solid state relay (ssr) They make good gear but those factors would be weighed.

Since your in Canada Id recommend Ewaxcanada.ca Mark is an absolute ninja when it comes to wiring up nails and he used the e5cc that has a solid state relay, awesome silicone coated coil wires and supreme paint options, Ive sent him a few fellow FC'ers with great feedback, definitely worth checking out before pulling the trigger on a box.

edit: and the Ewax boxes use the standard dnail wiring setup for their coils, which IMO is definitely a plus as it gives you much more freedom on custom coils like the ones from AH or DC

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Has anyone tried both the Halo Hybrid Sapphire Insert and the V1 Sapphire Insert? I have the V1 Sapphire Insert and I love the taste but it's kind of weird to use, I'm wondering how the new one compares.

My biggest concern is it needs the ti dish. I gave up on titanium after I tried quartz and gave up on quartz after I tried sic. I really don't want to go back to dabbing off titanium, this should be pretty much dabbing off sapphire unless you overload it right? I'm thinking about it for the 420 sale I'm guessing they'll have. I'll be tempted to just get the sapphire halo...

Edit: Also +1 to the idea of warming up your dabber. I just started doing that and mine will drop around 10 degrees while I leave it on to warm up.

PoopMachine

Im not saying theres anything wrong with Chinese enails. Ive owned a bunch and they are awesome.

However, with Dnail, you pay a premium for what you get and if theyre going to claim its completely made in the US then it should be. I have no doubt if I opened my unit up Id find something that isnt.

But, my point of mentioning that wasnt to shame Dnail, it was that for what they charge for their Chinese made unit, you could get an Auber for about half the money.

Maybe the high dollar Dnail is made in the US. I still have mine. One of these days Ill crack it open and see.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Has anyone tried both the Halo Hybrid Sapphire Insert and the V1 Sapphire Insert? I have the V1 Sapphire Insert and I love the taste but it's kind of weird to use, I'm wondering how the new one compares.

My biggest concern is it needs the ti dish. I gave up on titanium after I tried quartz and gave up on quartz after I tried sic. I really don't want to go back to dabbing off titanium, this should be pretty much dabbing off sapphire unless you overload it right? I'm thinking about it for the 420 sale I'm guessing they'll have. I'll be tempted to just get the sapphire halo...

Edit: Also +1 to the idea of warming up your dabber. I just started doing that and mine will drop around 10 degrees while I leave it on to warm up.

You're correct with the insert on the ti Halo, as long as the material stay on the sapphire, the ti is simply a heat source/shelf holder

biohacker

Curious what your guys' thoughts are on this..... I'm planning on using a high5 flat coil + High5 LCD #1 controller with this setup. Am I missing anything? Think i'll pass on anything sapphire until down the road.

Would have preferred to wait for 4/20 sales, but the halo is already $20 off and I want this NOW!

Also is a glass dab tool the only way to go as to not "hurt" the sic with a ti dabber?

D-NAIL® SiC HALO™
Dish
1 x The SiC HALO™ by D-NAIL® (dish only) $0.00
Retaining Nut Size
For 120V (US) Flat Coils
Base
D-NAiL Slim Series
Heat Sink
1 x D-NAIL® Slim Series: Heat Sink $0.00
Heater Retainer
1 x D-NAIL® Slim Series: Heater Retainer $0.00
Locking Collar
1 x D-NAIL® Slim Series: Locking Collar $0.00
Slim Series Base #1
1 x D-NAIL® Slim Series: 14/18M 10F Base $0.00
Save $15 with a Carp Cap (Optional)
1 x D-NAIL® Generation 2 Universal Titanium Carb Cap with forked dabber $60.00
$180.00
−+
$180.00

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@biohacker Silicon Carbide has a higher hardness rating than Titanium so the forked dabber is no risk to your SiC dish, I scratch mine all along the trench and it's just as smooth and shiny as day 1.

Looks like a nice shopping cart. Remember, Good things come to those who wait, and the early bird gets the worm!

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Negative, but thanks for looking out for me brotha! :tup: Perhaps I should remain patient and just wait. 30% site wide would be stellar!

From my experience with dnail sales, the Halos often have pieces go out of stock during them as demand spikes, typically its either the SIC dish itself or 1 of the 2 most selected joint types, the 18m and 18f, also, when they have the sales, they jump the SIC back up to its "normal" price of $100 even though 99% of the time its "on sale" at $80 so really you'd only save like another ~$25 on the whole deal, but as anything SIC should be viewed as a legacy purchase that as long as you don't shatter it, will most likely outlive you

shredder

Yup, I have the High5 v2 which is the wider unit that goes in the pelican case but its the same e5cc PID. The only gripe I have with it is High5 gear is wired to their own non standard wiring and they use a version of the PID that uses a mechanical relay as opposed to a solid state relay (ssr) They make good gear but those factors would be weighed.

Since your in Canada Id recommend Ewaxcanada.ca Mark is an absolute ninja when it comes to wiring up nails and he used the e5cc that has a solid state relay, awesome silicone coated coil wires and supreme paint options, Ive sent him a few fellow FC'ers with great feedback, definitely worth checking out before pulling the trigger on a box.

edit: and the Ewax boxes use the standard dnail wiring setup for their coils, which IMO is definitely a plus as it gives you much more freedom on custom coils like the ones from AH or DC

I have the thick ass glass $150 controler and it has an omron relay and the correct pin placement for dnail heaters. Works very well, and I havn't needed to do anything but use it.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
... @biohacker i recently picked up a SiC halo (in place of a 30mm liger - didn't wanna wait, I should have got one with my original liger order when things were going 'good')... anyways...

...i like dabbing off the halo A LOT better then the NV FP & WA... i find the channel wider so u can use bigger dabs and its easier to drop the dab inside the channel... i never liked dabbing from the FP because of the narrowness... and as it's highly recommended i got the forked dabber... you would almost think they were made for each other :lol: i usually prefer bucket/bangers to dab from but the halo is an exception imo... halo is my go-to for dabs, at least until (or if) my 25mm coil ever ships!

...it would be sweet to see D-Nail come out with a 'banger' style nail (like a liger)... i prefer a bucket/banger style to dab from than the 'nail' style...

biohacker

What a time to take a T-break.... what's the point of paying $45 for "express shipping" (on just a nail and carb cap) when they don't even ship? I figured 48 hours would be enough, and now with the holidays we're talking a week after payment. Guess that's life, but if there was an actual e-nail company with proper CS they would prosper. Both Mark from EwaxCanada and Dave from Errlectric Canada absolutely suck balls for CS! And now i've been reading the same thing about D-nail AND CCA710? Absolutely zero communication from D-nail since my order. But I guess they are swamped and delayed, like everyone seems these days. I'm sure it will all be worth it, since their product is apparently so bomb ass.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...fwiw, ime it's never paid off for express shipping options, especially when coming from the states... maybe because im in a rural area, my shipments always come within the standard shipping ETA's...

...that's been my experience with non-standard shipping options, might be different in urban areas..

biohacker

It all comes down to time and tracking. With express, I believe there is tracking after it leaves the USA, but not with priority only. And it's 3-5 business days vs 6-7 but like Canada Post they frequently don't meet their delivery standard and then the onus is on whoever purchased the shipping to claim a refund. I honestly don't think the spread between priority and express was that high (less than $10?) but at the time I just wanted my d-nail yesterday lol. Time to practice some patience, and with a tolerance drop over the next week, I think i'm going to be floored by the SiC halo!

https://www.reddit.com/r/supremeclo...perience_with_priority_mail_international_vs/

Top Bottom