Gear D-nail thread

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That’s what I thought but if read more it says on their page that all the halos have been updated to accept the insert.

Edit: here it is from their page
NEW:
D-NAiL® HALO™ dishes ordered in 2016 or later are now compatible with this insert as well! More information is available in this news post.

Yeah it's definitely confusing as it also says
  • Compatible with D-NAiL® TI HALO ONLY (NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER HALOS)
Thanks so much bro, appreciate all those links...i'm such a noob to dabbing, but it is refreshing that you understand where i'm coming from with real low temp convection dabbing with zero waste. However, i'm on the verge of retiring flowers, so i'll need a proper plug in enail or something unless that electric sv3 comes out lol.

FP wrap around SiC not worth it dude? Or dnail wrap around? Doesn't the sapphire crack too easily?

I don't think you're really experiencing no waste with convection dabs, it's just that they soak into the herb or cotton or hemp fiber or SS mesh and looks like it's all gone. At least that's my experience with convection dabs. With rosin, at least 15-25% of the dab is waxes that won't vaporize regardless of the heating method. With a proper dab that's hopefully all that's being swabbed. Quartz definitely leaves behind the most puddles but I think that also has to do with the fact that quartz is a finicky bitch to clean, so if you want quartz to look clean you basically have to leave a pool.

Morty

FP wrap around SiC not worth it dude? Or dnail wrap around? Doesn't the sapphire crack too easily?
That's my next major purchase once I start getting overtime in March. (FP w/D-Nail SiC) Most likely will get a V1 Sapphire insert just to try the taste.

I believe @psychonaut & @Shooby run their Sapphire Halos (not inserts) on the FP WA w/ good success.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Halo in wraparound = awesomeness! You see the prized cracked sapphire is in the FP head I pic'd up above =) SiC in the slim base is solid and ready from startup to dabbing in just a couple of minutes. The FP setup takes a bit longer to heat up but nevertheless a flavor savior!

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
That's my next major purchase once I start getting overtime in March. (FP w/D-Nail SiC) Most likely will get a V1 Sapphire insert just to try the taste.

I believe @psychonaut & @Shooby run their Sapphire Halos (not inserts) on the FP WA w/ good success.

If your gonna twax often, the dnail sapphire is a great set up as I provides smooth clouds. The difference between the SiC halo and sapphire is that sapphire is smoother vape going down. Sapphire allows you to taste more off the flower from my experience. SiC you taste more of the wax.

Morty

Halo in wraparound = awesomeness! You see the prized cracked sapphire is in the FP head I pic'd up above =) SiC in the slim base is solid and ready from startup to dabbing in just a couple of minutes. The FP setup takes a bit longer to heat up but nevertheless a flavor savior!

If your gonna twax often, the dnail sapphire is a great set up as I provides smooth clouds. The difference between the SiC halo and sapphire is that sapphire is smoother vape going down. Sapphire allows you to taste more off the flower from my experience. SiC you taste more of the wax.

Great info guys. Thnx! @Baron23 as well on the carb cap preheat & q-tip trick. Good Shit!

Morty,
Reactions: Baron23

biohacker

If I was looking at picking up a new enail setup with SiC and I guess sapphire as well, would Dnail be the way to go? Would my PID for the Glass Symphony work if the settings were changed or something?

biohacker,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I always thought dnails controllers were spendy. At their price point there are other units like hex nails that have a lot more features. I'm unsure on the glass symphony PID but perhaps. So long as the wiring is the same for the controller and heating coil. I use my cheap dhgate enail with flat coil for dnail slim base for the halo, use the same setup with a couple other nail setups as well.

Baron23

I always thought dnails controllers were spendy. At their price point there are other units like hex nails that have a lot more features. I'm unsure on the glass symphony PID but perhaps. So long as the wiring is the same for the controller and heating coil. I use my cheap dhgate enail with flat coil for dnail slim base for the halo, use the same setup with a couple other nail setups as well.
Yeah, I bought the slim line nail and halo from them...and coil....but will not pay that much for a PID controller. I have a G9 Chinese Omron PID and an Auber, both of which are great, both of which do the job (which ain't really that tough), and both cost less then the D-nail controller.

Just my :2c:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I did not get a Polar Shift during the last sale, does anyone know of any current codes?

I am regretting my not ordering it when it was on sale... I have some material that is super difficult. Never quite had anything act like this, it is so glasslike and fragile and acts like it is statically charged when it goes into a zillion pieces.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: shredder

Likes2vape

That’s what I thought but if read more it says on their page that all the halos have been updated to accept the insert.

Edit: here it is from their page
NEW:
D-NAiL® HALO™ dishes ordered in 2016 or later are now compatible with this insert as well! More information is available in this news post.
So that was a mis print on dnails website. They have fixed it. That insert is only for the ti dish.

shredder

I did not get a Polar Shift during the last sale, does anyone know of any current codes?

I am regretting my not ordering it when it was on sale... I have some material that is super difficult. Never quite had anything act like this, it is so glasslike and fragile and acts like it is statically charged when it goes into a zillion pieces.

Idk if your a grower, but I use a sealed light hood to gentilly heat rosin on parchment or a seedling mat. 75-80 degrees F seems enough. Both will warm shattery rosin enough to make it useable. That shattery stuff can really fly when hard, and I can never find it. Dont tell my wife, but I'm pretty sure there is some rosin in our carpet, lol.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Posting my experiences with my most recent d-nail purchase.

Picked up 1 of the Polar Shifts and an Oil slick mat on the last day of their recent sale, received the shipment in 3 days as normal since they are on the east coast and Im almost at the Pacific, the Polar Shift worked great once I swapped their dangerously shitty included usb power source...but the silicone mat wasn't in the box and in fact the box was too small for it to be packed correctly anyways. So I send an email to dnail and tell them whats up, they reply the next morning that their guys are still on holiday but will check it out as soon as they get back. sounds good so far, I drive out on a week long trip to Denver and come back 8 days later to no further replies and no packages, so I send another email saying Im still waiting for some type of resolution, they again replied early the next morning, reconfirmed the issue with me and assured me they were on it and Id have some goodies in the box to smooth it over. received a box 3 days later with the Oil Slick mat and a new, sealed, not appearing to be a 2nd or labeled as such...1st quality SIC Halo, Very unexpected and IMO way beyond the normal compensation for an error...I know dnails production cost on the SIC is pretty low but it retails for $80, much more then Id ever expect for an $11 flub on a $55 order. Even with the 1st email not resolving the issue and ultimately it taking <2 weeks to fully receive the completed order, the resolution was above and beyond IMO.

I was already a long time supporter of D-nails tech and company in general but this really cements it in my mind, not only how good they handle their customers and any issues that may arise, but the contrast of how poorly most other companies in this market do the same.

This will also make buying another Sapphire Halo sting a lot less. :love:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Sounds like they forgot about you and wanted to make it right. Love hearing that.

My only complaint with them has been on the sapphire dish, many of us had broke halos from the same batch and there was no compensation just a tough luck, you know it had no warranty when you bought it email. I ended up buying a SIC to replace it. Luckily the SiC is so perfect I don't even worry about it anymore. The SiC won't break as far as I can tell.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Sounds like they forgot about you and wanted to make it right. Love hearing that.

My only complaint with them has been on the sapphire dish, many of us had broke halos from the same batch and there was no compensation just a tough luck, you know it had no warranty when you bought it email. I ended up buying a SIC to replace it. Luckily the SiC is so perfect I don't even worry about it anymore. The SiC won't break as far as I can tell.
Unfortunately SiC can and does break. Fortunately it is not common and usually involves user error and some kind of impact while hot. At least thats how it happened to me and I recall reading another similar story in this particular thread. Sorry for the buzzkill.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Unfortunately SiC can and does break. Fortunately it is not common and usually involves user error and some kind of impact while hot. At least thats how it happened to me and I recall reading another similar story in this particular thread. Sorry for the buzzkill.

This may make me rethink a mini rig, might have to find something with enough hefty in the base so that it doesn't tip over! Think this may work with a slim base?

mini-bongs-thick-glass-bubbler-nano-bongs-3-inch-heady-dab-rigs-14mm-female-joint-clear-green-small-recycler-pyrex-water-bongs-oil-rigs-sale.jpg

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
This may make me rethink a mini rig, might have to find something with enough hefty in the base so that it doesn't tip over! Think this may work with a slim base?

mini-bongs-thick-glass-bubbler-nano-bongs-3-inch-heady-dab-rigs-14mm-female-joint-clear-green-small-recycler-pyrex-water-bongs-oil-rigs-sale.jpg
As long as you don't go crosseyed! I think it would be too heavy honestly. I would go slighlty bigger at least. I have a mini dab rig about twice the size of that one but I rarely use it. I have been primarily using a rattle can which is very much like a mini rig in that you fill it with so much water that the amount of room your left with for vapor is minimized to the very top of the can and the arm. Its kinda like mini rig but with much more filtration.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
As long as you don't go crosseyed! I think it would be too heavy honestly. I would go slighlty bigger at least. I have a mini dab rig about twice the size of that one but I rarely use it. I have been primarily using a rattle can which is very much like a mini rig in that you fill it with so much water that the amount of room your left with for vapor is minimized to the very top of the can and the arm. Its kinda like mini rig but with much more filtration.

Yeah I was looking at one of those. Do you feel like it hits better than your mini rig?

psychonaut,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Yeah I was looking at one of those. Do you feel like it hits better than your mini rig?
I do. I love the way it hits honestly. I did not realize it required so much water when I purchased it. I just recall a lot of people saying they preferred it for concentrates and I needed a new pipe for my SiC halo. Once I got it and filled it up, I was a little leary about how much water was needed as well as how much can space was left. I got over that immediately when I started hitting it. It is much more stable with the heavy base it has then my mini banger and its smoother as well.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The SiC Halo page says
SALE! NORMAL PRICE: $100. SALE PRICE: $80.

I was checking them out during their last sale, and I swear it was like 30% off, but they raised the price back to $100, so the sale price isn't much different from the everyday price, at least for the SiC halo.

Any flat coil that fits your PID should work, you could go D-Nail but @psychonaut been rocking one from the 'Gate for years so don't feel compelled to pay a premium unless you opt for the one with the lifetime warranty.

Top Bottom