1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

D-nail Lotus

Discussion in 'Upcoming and Unreleased Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Likes2vape, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

Does anyone have one of these? How's it hit? Do you like it? More info please!!

Morty, StormyPinkness and ichibaneye like this.
  2. ichibaneye

ichibaneye Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!

Hey likes! This is not directly addressing your question. However I think I've seen you over in the FP thread before. I may be mistaken though as there are a ton of threads here on FC.

I've watched videos on this and it gives me mixed feelings. Some are able to get decent function but nothing that blows me out of my shoes. Then some seem to not be getting the best function at all.

One reason this didn't impressed me is that the heater can touch big loads and does touch the flower when it's a smaller load and all swirling around. Now can one control the risk of combustion. Yes for the most part we can.

Next the attraction didn't seem very consistent or even unless you stir, stir, stir and stir some more from what I've watched. Is stirring physically taxing...naw.... with something like this I'd rather not be though. That's just me though.

I had actually seen this before I stumbled across the FP thread. After geekin on the FP more and watching videos of it in action I've never given the Lotus another look.

If you do find out more or decide to get one let us know what you've found please. Cheers! :cheers:

3. StormyPinkness

StormyPinkness Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I'd love to see more of this too and pretty much had the same experience and share the same view as @ichibaneye. The flower looked like it could easily touch the heater to me and then the one (literally) youtube video I found to check it out pretty much had that happen immediately. To be fair he said he overloaded it and it sounds like there are more videos of it out now that I haven't seen.

Morty, ichibaneye and invertedisdead like this.
  4. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

I asked D-Nail for more information about this vape, perhaps a usage clip besides the one on Youtube with the guy doing a "first impression" video but they assured me there was plenty of info about it on here already... I really like the look as it's very compact for a desktop unit. Would be nice to hear how it compares to the Flower Pot. I could only find one video on Youtube and one post on Reddit right after it was announced with no information in it. I'm not sure where @ichibaneye found all these other videos. Can you post them?

5. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

Yeah I've only found the one video on YouTube every other video I have found has been the torch powered Lotus vape. Im super happy with my FP but always like to check out other vapes.

Morty likes this.
  6. ichibaneye

ichibaneye Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!

I've watched 4 at least. And have read about it in random places, other sites and forums and what not. I'm all over the place. You'd be surprised where unexpected information pops up.

First I don't really use google much for anything so I'll not comment to that dirty corporation. Try Vimeo and the others too there are way more than just G$%gle. I use other search engines and the tor network to give me deep web access. Now on that you'll have to teach yourself how to use it correctly.

Here is the deal with me. I'm not thinking about hitting up specific sites for information or videos. The first 2 videos I came across with the Lotus had been mislabeled and I had been scrolling for ...yes hours... until my eyes caught notice of the Lotus on those two videos.

If I had known earlier I would have saved the links and such. I do not save my history or anything like that. This guy is no ones meta-data bitch as much as I can help it. ;)

I also messaged someone on reddit and they sent me a video too. I watched it a few times and it was deleted. I'm not implying that there is a plethora of videos out there but I'm sure with prompting, directly messaging others with questions (current Lotus owners) and thinking outside the box a bit will pull in more of what you're all seeking, including myself.

Once and if it slows down for me in vaporization land. I'll dedicate more time to the searches again. Keep in mind I had done all of this about two weeks prior to @Likes2vape thread Here.

Yeah, I know, I'm that guy this time around huh everyone. Mr. Buzz kill. Haha.. But honestly I'm not.

Enjoy your weekend my fellow rippers of glorious clouds! :rockon:

I would have called them out and said show me the money! :cool: Because I've yet to find that "lots of information" that they had mentioned about to you here on FC or anyplace else for that matter so far. :shrug:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Morty, StormyPinkness and Likes2vape like this.
  7. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

What about to use it with a deeper bowl: Herborizer bowl, Cyclone EQ bowl,...

If the issue was the heater is too close I would expect D-Nail is able to fix that with a redesigned bowl... but there is another issue: the price!

Edit: In fact price is lower than I thought.... if it can be used with a cheaper controller than the D-nails ones!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors