Cutting agent for weed? Is that possible?

juneshayek

TLDR
I'm really sensitive to pot. Is there any herb you can use to cut weed? Leaves, grass, or paper? Something that won't interfere too much with the high or the taste.

Details
I'm using a flowermate which can hold around 0.2g, but need less than 0.01g to get me where I want. More than that and I start freaking out.

I've tried to buy really low grade pot, but it's inconsistent and gets expensive. Some low grade pot is so bad that you don't feel anything no matter how much you vape.

I've also tried loading really small amounts into the bowl, like 0.05 grams which I then vape over the course of ten separate sessions. Again consistency is the issue here. The initial sessions will release a lot more THC than later sessions, so I have to modulate hit duration to get it to work. Works, but it's a pain.

It would be a lot easier if I could just cut my weed with another herb, and fill the bowl completely.

juneshayek,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Why not just get a different vaporizer capable of properly cooking very low quantities of herb? Your Flowermate is a conduction vaporizer - those typically require you to load more herb into the chamber and stuff it full. A convection vaporizer would allow you to experiment with much lower quantities of herb for you to find just the right dosage for each strain you buy

Baron23

Yeah, there are a lot of botanicals that can be vaped...mint was mentioned and chamomile and lavender are others. I have never vaped these myself.

Plenty of info on the net about beneficial herbs you can vape:

https://www.google.com/search?q=vaping+herbs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I have a Flowermate Pro and its a pretty good conduction vape. I cannot run super small loads through it but can run it at 1/2 load alright. Conduction vapes in general, and this vape in particular, like fine ground and well dried herb tamped down in the oven. The tamping is important if you haven't been doing this.

Still, this might get you down to .15 but nowhere near .05 (50 milligrams, yeah?).

An alternative to cutting your herb with herbs (LOL), is of course a vape more designed for micro doses.

The Dyna VapCap OG vape is dirt cheap and the most you can get into it is .05. Its a butane powered vape so that may set you off a bit, but the VapCap OG is a whopping $35 and can run very small loads. It extracts extremely well. But the OG is glass, must be handled somewhat carefully (that is, its not for passing around in the mosh pit).

They make other versions of Ti and wood that are much more durable, but they are more expensive and IMO the OG works the best but many, many others love their Ti versions better.

Best bet is to try an OG (and order the dang 4 flame torch lighter from them for $15 I think it is...it will make your life much easier) and then if you like this approach you can later upgrade to a Ti version. If you don't like it, then you haven't much invested.

Check out the VapCap thread in the Portables forum. Very informative, nice friendly group, and there are a number of micro dosers over there using a VapCap.

http://www.dynavap.com/product/vapcap-original/

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/

HighSeasSailor

1) If the vape you have doesn't handle the doses you need, get another vape, don't switch to shittier product. That's backwards thinking.

2) If your tolerance truly only allows for 0.01g doses, I would honestly consider giving up flower entirely and only using something with lab consistency. With a dose that low, the % of trichomes you get in a given sample could vary by a significant margin. Not sure if you mean this literally or if this is an exaggeration, 0.01g of flower is actually difficult to even ingest via inhalation, and requires a fairly expensive scale to measure accurately. If more than this causes an adverse reaction, I have to wonder how you've ever come to enjoy cannabis in the first place!

3) As an alternative, why not try high CBD strains? I don't know what you're using for, but this could be a better option anyway. They are often lower in THC and CBD has an antagonist effect that should make it more managable for you.

4) If all else fails, your dose is so unbelievably low that even if you're paying prohibition black market prices for top shelf that I have to think that you could probably afford to take a few tiny hits off a tiny amount then toss the remaining half-vaped ABV either in the trash or into a jar for later use in whatever without it breaking the bank. Why even look for filler, pot isn't THAT expensive, toss what you don't need and you'll still be getting off for a fraction of what most users pay, and getting only the freshest hits to boot.

PS - What kind of unholy dirt weed would be so shitty that even you, for whom 0.05g = 10 sessions, gets no effect from any amount of it? That sounds like mulch, not medicine.

juneshayek

Wow, some nice suggestions from everybody. This is great!

@Ratchett, any particular vape in mind? We're talking really low quantities here. Like 5 to 10 mg of herb per session. This corresponds to a small two mm piece of bud, or alternatively two or three small (2-3 mm long) trichome covered leaves, and that's it.

@Justpassedu, @jojo monkey, @Baron23, I've tried both lavender and mint. Both herbs have optimal vaping temps around 130 C, with cannabis being 200 C. Vaping these at 200 C gives off a really off putting taste. Also I was hoping for something more neutral.

@Darkhood, that's an interesting suggestion. I think I'll try that. My main concern would be pieces of weed and eventually gunk getting stuck inside the pads, so they'll probably need replacing quite often.

The flowermate's heating coil runs round the sides of the oven, not the bottom like cheaper conduction vapes, so with small amounts of weed (0.05g) I incline it horizontally and use it almost like an MFLB. Still, it's not practical as vapor tends to escape from the other side like that.

The Dyna VapCap looks interesting though. I may try that out. Any other suggestions? Ideally I want to be able to load as little as 5 to 10 mg per session.

Gettinbetter

@HighSeasSailor has the right idea here. High cbd strains if available are definitely worth looking into. As is the idea of buying vape cartridge...the disposable kind.

Perhaps you are not in a legal state though?

Have a look at the microdosing thread here. It has a lot of good info and suggestions. I am a low tolerance user too. I love the Firewood vapes and the E-Nano for microdosing. Getting the right device should help a ton.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The Flowermate might heat from the sides but the bottom of the bowl does conduct a lot of heat too. You need to maximize the contact surface area as well as minimize the amount of free space / void between the plant bits. Tamp the shit out of your loads as hinted above and make sure it stays in place during the session.

Otherwise you could try the VapCap, its bowl is the smallest of all my vapes. People say it's awesome for micro dosing.

juneshayek

@BuzzDanklin, that's a really good idea. I should have thought of that myself.

@HighSeasSailor, your post makes a lot of sense:
1) You're right. Instead of diluting the product I should get a better vape. If the right vape meant I could load 5 to 10 mg and vape it all in one single hit, that would be awesome. What kind of vape would be able to do that?

2) % trichomes is a real issue, and it's the reason why half of the time I get too high slash not high enough. It's also the reason why I load my vape with ten times more than I need (i.e. 50 - 100 mg), and then vape the same bowl over ten separate sessions. It averages out inconsistency. Lab consistency is not an option where I live. My use is recreational, but I bother mostly because weed makes me really creative so it's worth the trouble. I don't have any experience with other drugs, and I'm reluctant to try.

3) High CBD is a great idea. If I can get my hands on any, I'll definitely try that!

4) I like to make efficient use of my weed because I want to minimize my interaction with dealers, basically.

PS) It's full of seeds, that much I can say..

@Gettinbetter, the Firewood and E-nano look very interesting. I live in Europe though. I.e. most of the awesome vapes you guys have in the U.S. are really hard to come by. I paid $170 for my flowermate mini!

@KeroZen, the VapCap does indeed look interesting, and I love the mechanical temperature click thing.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Would you be able to use a spacer such as a heat safe glass bead? With the Ascent portable we used glass flowers which were something made for a pipe. They help to distribute the heat and take up space. They are these small glass heat safe flowers (pipe screens) we got off of Amazon they were shaped like Daisys.

The Ascent's oven is fairly large, it requires a firm pack of the herb you are using. The product would fly around inside the oven and you couldn't get good vapor flowing unless the oven was full and packed firm.
Here's a pic of the glass spacer we use with the Ascent.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Here's a picture of the ones that I have. I use 6 - 8 of the glass flowers with my Ascent depending on how much cannabis I'm using.
iiPrXDy.jpg

j-bug

Based on what you've said vapes that I've personally tried that would probably work for your ideal use case are the Underdog(with the smaller steel tipped stems) if you're vaping at home, or a vap cap of some sort if you're comfortable with butane.

You may wish to check out the microdosing thread as well and see what vapes people there are using. Log vapes are I think generally popular for using with tiny amounts of cannabis, other convection vapes that aren't logs I imagine could also work quite well.

blackstone

Wow, you are lucky to get all those in one thread!
I had to rack my brain for some and was lucky to find others on here.
But when a lot of these vaporizer bowls are too big, amazing the things that can be applied.

Strong tasting space fillers:
Mint,
Chamomile, 190c (i've only tried this alone it but it should work fine mixed)

More neutral tasting:
ABV,
Cotton.
Organic Cotton (I believe it has less taste than normal stuff? zero pesticides at least, I'm still on a quest to find some in my area!),
De gummed hemp fiber (haven't tried this myself)

Very little to no effect on taste:
Some type of plunger, screen, domed screen, basket screen, liquid/scouring pad, stainless steel wire wool arrangement in the bowl, or as part of a capsule/herb cart,
Glass flowers, or maybe other shapes/items,
Stainless steel bearing balls (fully customize with sizes from 1mm upwards)

I'm sure there are many others that are missing from that list.
All that's left then is wondering if the method is more suitable for home or out and about, or what you do with the contents when you are done.
The loose glass or steel parts could be hot and may be hard to reload in the dark for example.
You'll just have to keep experimenting until they make an infinitely efficient adjustable bowl!
As mentioned, Vapcap and eNano are supposed to be great with small amounts, Solo/Air are good for it too. But maybe you could do with a lower potency device that puts you a little further from the heat of the action.
It might be worth having some CBD product like a Medipen or similar to balance things out if you cant find CBD in herbs or solids, as I tried Kanavape CBD ejuice and found it did seem to calm the effects of the other thing a little when required, although I would now probably steer clear of anything with PG or VG.
If you use all this new found info, you might work out good with no cbd!

juneshayek

Thanks @CarolKing. From the looks of it, I should be able to get a couple of those into my flowermate.

@blackstone, thanks for all the additional suggestions! Cotton is a great idea as it's more easy to mould than any of the other ideas that have come up. That way I can use it to push the pot up against the heated surface almost like a spring, with all the empty space taken up by the cotton itself.

I think I need to get a VapCap though, as you're also pointing out @Tommy10. Only question now is where to get it. I haven't found a single reseller in Europe!

Anyways, thanks for all the suggestions, guys! FC is such a nice place :)

Last edited:

Squiby

Dynavap sells their Vapcaps, Dynastashes and accessories worldwide. I believe that George has shipped his little magical devices to over 30 countries so far. I live in Canada and am a repeat customer. The shipped items arrive quickly, are always very well packaged in an anonymous bubble pack or box and I have never had custom fees or other nonsense applied at receipt.

Here is the website.

http://www.dynavap.com

blackstone

@blackstone, thanks for all the additional suggestions! Cotton is a great idea as it's more easy to mould than any of the other ideas that have come up. That way I can use it to push the pot up against the heated surface almost like a spring, with all the empty space taken up by the cotton itself.

Anyways, thanks for all the suggestions, guys! FC is such a nice place :)

It's nice to see someone say thanks and possibly use the info/not just disappear back into cyberspace! Maybe my rambling answers scare them away!
Cotton lends itself to vaporization really well with wicking properties at heat, even e cig makers use it I think. And I cant wait to try organic.
It also has a cleaning effect on your vape and tends to prevent gunk winding up in all the regular places.
But I have to give all the credit for the cotton tip and many others to the regular posters here, the likes of CarolKing, OF, Vitolo, Justpassedu, Kerozen, Baron23 and others! the list goes on.
They were helping people transition and stick to this healthier vapor format even before I joined here almost two years ago, and they are still happy to help and offer time to people in difficulty as you can see! Some great advice has been shared here and long may it continue!

PS: The Vapcap is sold by Vape fiend in UK, but if I did buy one I would prefer another seller in EU because Pound sterling is unfavorable to Euros, they offer no FC discounts, and their postage is too dear (for such a small vape!)
If Vaposhop sold them, even without discount, I would try get a pal in and buy two to get free EU shipping, but as it stands there's no reasonable alternative for Euro paypal shoppers to buy one.
I might post this on the VC thread.

blackstone,

virtualpurple

@juneshayek ill cast another vote for vapcap and the underdog. I am in a honeymoon phase with my vapcap but I am kicking myself for waiting so long. I'm getting better control with the flame and the only times I really have issues are when I forget that my cap is heating in my evo (my torch stopped working) and it charred everything and broke an o-ring. Both my fault but I wish my cap had a louder click because I prefer something that can snap me back into the moment if I get lost in thought or conversation.

The underdogs are beautiful and incredibly efficient. I believe there is a log manufacturer in your neck of the woods and that may be worth looking into, you could use a dimmer and vape a tiny amount of herb with a little hemp fiber or even without.

Tommy10

George will hook you up with a VC to Europe I'd imagine! Minds currently out of commission, waiting funds for a wood VonG (should have ordered one when I was in disposable income town!!) close to my favourite vape, and by far my favourite for small loads.

Tommy10,
Reactions: Squiby
Top Bottom