• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Custom Volcano Artwork?

lepstadder

I want my buddy to do some art work on my volcano.

We are unsure of the type of paint or material to use on the metal that will stand up to the heat and not flake off.

If any one has seen any pictures online of a volcano that is tricked out with any custom artwork let me know, I have looked all over.

Thanks for the help.

Steady vaping

lepstadder,

vape4health

I seen some bas ass paint on a BBQ grill , it was a real cool flame but looked real . What ever they use whould have to be close to what you need right .

vape4health,

lepstadder

possibly

Most larger grills have a flat, porous surface, the volcano is very sheen,smooth

will have to put some kindof coat on it maybe??????????

lepstadder,

The_Algebraist

I'd recommend taking the metal housing off of the unit before doing any actual painting on the surface. Unless your friend is an accomplished illustrator or airbrush artist that's worked with enamels i'd tread lightly. if the day comes when you might want to resell the 'cano i think that the value of it will probably drop significantly with the custom paint job.

The_Algebraist,

vape4health

You could be right about the surface , didnt think about that , or if you really even need high temp stuff .

vape4health,

Frickr

the unit would probably have to be sanded downa little first, after that a coat of eching primer put on, then i dont think you should have any problems with thepaint staying on.

Frickr,

lepstadder

We were thingking about airbrush.

He is pretty good.

if the day comes when you might want to resell the 'cano i think that the value of it will probably drop significantly with the custom paint job.
doubt it, he is pretty good

lepstadder,

stinkmeaner

you could have a local shop anodize or powdercoat a Volcano if you remove the cover.

stinkmeaner,

Yukon Cornelius

I would think some high-temperature paint should work. I think most of it can handle temps over 1000 degrees.

Yukon Cornelius,
Top Bottom