Custom Glass Ideas/Designs Thread

2 Cycle

I think a cheap foot type thing would be easy enough to make yourself, maybe just fire a nail lengthwise through a wine bottle cork into a board or something. Not the prettiest but virtually free

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm actually making some wood and rubber cork stands because I kept banging the tube and glass foot. I'll have them on my site next week for cheap, but I think for $34 (or so) the hydrotubes should include a foot.

Ooooh nice idea man!

Shit Snacks,

Kevea

Just ordered one myself, how can you go wrong with that price?! This will be perfect for when the Evo travels with me so my precious $$$ hydratubes can stay safe at home!

John Lewus

Just ordered one myself, how can you go wrong with that price?! This will be perfect for when the Evo travels with me so my precious $$$ hydratubes can stay safe at home!

Well I was going to wait for a review but at around $35 I will just pull the trigger. I really want a matrix style perc though for a hydratube. I hope this thing cleans relatively easily.

Kevea

I received mine yesterday and happy with the quality overall. It seems to be a solid piece with some thicker than usual China glass. The recycle function doesn't work well at all due to it needing to be filled as high as possible and then it's very chuggy but, I'm not too worried about it. For $35 it's a great value however, it definitely needs a hydrafoot to be supplied as well.

John Lewus

I received mine yesterday and happy with the quality overall. It seems to be a solid piece with some thicker than usual China glass. The recycle function doesn't work well at all due to it needing to be filled as high as possible and then it's very chuggy but, I'm not too worried about it. For $35 it's a great value however, it definitely needs a hydrafoot to be supplied as well.

I agree with that assessment. I think Steven's hydratube is a better value. That one is small, simple, easy to clean, and comes with a hydrafoot. I find myself using his with an adapter more than using this recycler that I just got. It is too chuggy.

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
I was surprised at the price on the recycler tube, especially with no foot. I thought there was a problem with Stevens leaking to the bottom chamber, this has been fixed I take it?

Bongologist,

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
Here is a stand I made that will work with any 18mm tube. It sucks they didn't include a stand with the new hydrotubes, so I'm trying to keep these priced as low as possible.
AaSAWCu.jpg

SoQbqSy.jpg

http://www.jojowoodworks.com/#!/Hydrotube-Stand-18mm-Rounder/p/62867004

Kevea

Well this is my only China tube as all my others are official ones(Evolver Hydracirc, GravLabs mini circ, SwaggerTree) and I never purchased Stevens after I heard @Bongologist was sending over some new designs.

If it's that chuggy then definitely lower the water level. I found about a half inch above the top of the slits in the circ gives the best function. It doesn't recycle while on the Evo but when you pull it to clear, it recycles with almost no vortex yet prevents any splash back.

Also since I use cranberry extract in all my pieces, it helps me keep the recycle cone clean due to the water washing over it after every hit. This has come to be my favorite feature so far because it allows me to always clearly see the amount of vapor I'm inhaling. Like with my SwaggerTree after a session or two the top of the perc is so cloudy from vapor condensing that the tube always looks full of vapor when looking down as you take a hit!

McQuack

The dp-twist will be renamed "Coil Can", and the first prototype is due to be completed October 10.
Hey,
are there any news for the coil can? I'm still interested and would love to get one. Do you know if any dhgate seller is currently working on it? Or is it already available? If it's still in development, maybe some small adjustments are possible? I added a base and a safety connection between the base and perc:
ZbfPTrf.jpg

shark sandwich

"shit sandwich"
Accessory Maker
@McQuack

The Rattle Can took forever for steven to complete. When it was finally listed, the mouthpiece angle was too low and it limited sales. This will be changed for the second batch, to an ftk style mouthpiece coming from the top of the can. If you want the current version, get it now before it's gone.

The other two designs were supposed to be rolled out in quick succession following the release of the rattle can, but were shelved after it flopped. Steven is finally working on the Cobra Can. Hopefully it will be a success, and encourage Steven to produce the Coil Can- or a revised version of it.

Your changes are great, and we should use your revised design going forward. Send a message to Steven conveying your interest in these designs- it would really help get them made.

The other producers that attempted the Rattle Can, ccg and sss, were not able to construct the perc correctly. This makes their versions less desirable than Stevens (which works really well, but requires a good dropdown to be comfortable to use), and makes steven is the only producer worth discussing these designs with.

I don't think many people inquire about the Cobra Can or Coil Can- many other projects have been released more quickly. Unfortunately, since these designs aren't pre-existing, there's nothing for most people to get excited about until they can see a water test, and at that point the work is done. If you have the vision, it's up to you to see it realized.

Last edited:

McQuack

@McQuack

The Rattle Can took forever for steven to complete. When it was finally listed, the mouthpiece angle was too low and it limited sales. This will be changed for the second batch, to an ftk style mouthpiece coming from the top of the can. If you want the current version, get it now before it's gone.

The other two designs were supposed to be rolled out in quick succession following the release of the rattle can, but were shelved after it flopped. Steven is finally working on the Cobra Can. Hopefully it will be a success, and encourage Steven to produce the Coil Can- or a revised version of it.

Your changes are great, and we should use your revised design going forward. Send a message to Steven conveying your interest in these designs- it would really help get them made.

The other producers that attempted the Rattle Can, ccg and sss, were not able to construct the perc correctly. This makes their versions less desirable than Stevens (which works really well, but requires a good dropdown to be comfortable to use), and makes steven is the only producer worth discussing these designs with.

I don't think many people inquire about the Cobra Can or Coil Can- many other projects have been released more quickly. Unfortunately, since these designs aren't pre-existing, there's nothing for most people to get excited about until they can see a water test, and at that point the work is done. If you have the vision, it's up to you to see it realized.
Thanks for your informative reply. And of course for working on all these awesome designs. I will contact steven - let's hope he will start working on it soon. If other FC members are also interested: Write him a message too, so he gets motivated...

shark sandwich

"shit sandwich"
Accessory Maker
@McQuack

Glad I could help!

Steven should have the prototype of the Cobra Can completed any day now. I'm looking forward to seeing photos and a function video, and will share them here whenever they are available if nobody else gets to it first. Expressing interest in the Cobra Can in your message to Steven will keep that release moving, and clear the path for the Coil Can- a double win!

The recycler design I posted above has been submitted to ccg, but I don't yet know if they will produce it. They're currently working on a three-piece modular design I posted in the "open source glass" thread, so hopefully they'll take on the recycler when that project is completed. The three-piece design will pair well with the cobra can, allowing lots interchangeability and diffusion options, and they will (hopefully) both be released around the same time, so that's pretty cool.

Last edited:

shark sandwich

"shit sandwich"
Accessory Maker
I'd really like to see that design made by a good artist. My financial situation doesn't allow me to commission that kind of work, or I'd do it too.

I hope to get some equipment and start lampworking myself, but that won't be possible for a little while yet. Until then, I can only afford to look at nice glass, and dream- so please share photos and a function video, if and when you can!

Last edited:

BoomerGrow

Sunshinestore has built a prototype of the symbiartic chandelier, but they think it may be too large at 28cm/ 11 in. Does anyone know the size of the original? From the pictures they have sent it looks pretty close to the orignal. They are asking for feedback so any suggestions you can include here or directly to them on dhgate. I put a couple of other pictures on the cheap bubbler thread I don't want to spam up the place
other_1187006903_00.JPG

Mangos

Sunshinestore has built a prototype of the symbiartic chandelier, but they think it may be too large at 28cm/ 11 in. Does anyone know the size of the original? From the pictures they have sent it looks pretty close to the orignal. They are asking for feedback so any suggestions you can include here or directly to them on dhgate. I put a couple of other pictures on the cheap bubbler thread I don't want to spam up the place
other_1187006903_00.JPG
Wow that actually looks really good, knowing it will be affordable is such a huge plus. Didn't think I would ever get to try the original piece.

Top Bottom