• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Custom Glass Ideas/Designs Thread

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
"bent neck straight tube mouthpiece" - I certainly could've worded that a lot better :lol:
The tube version of the matrix pillar (FC707?) - has a bent neck, but coming out of the top of the can.
In my head I was saying "straight tube" to refer to the tube style piece(FC-707?).

My whole description was a bit wordy there just to make sure I distinguished the bubbler style (bent neck, coming from the side of the can) from a sidecar (which also exits from the side of the can, but with a different placement and neck design)...

MilkyMondays

actually the more i think about it, i think it can be done. would just need to be larger in diameter to fit the downstem and i'm not sure what the splash at the top would look like since the downstem would be going through the center.

and the "bubbler style" i'm talking about is basically just the bowl joint is centered above the perc(s), you know like a bubbler

idk what a "bent neck straight tube mouthpiece" means

they have this but it functions like shit, basically trees,

Yeah man exactly like this:
bong_marijuana_150129-1.jpg

Obviously in this case the pillars are exposed creating a cool effect, but its the exact same concept; tube right down the center of the pillars that joins with the top of the (in this case) tree perc (or peyote or matrix etc.) IT CAN BE DONE. Am I the only one who would love to see Steven make this recycler?

MilkyMondays

I'd like to see if they could get that correct that's a lot of craftsmanship

Look at it like this: essentially it would look exactly the same as the mini pillar by steven except with an extra central pillar down to the ball perc so the joint-- RECESSED;)--can be on top.
The mouth piece would look like the fc-1000 sidecar

The recycling would make it a must buy for me, but otherwise still and awesome piece.

MilkyMondays,
Reactions: turdhole

turdhole

vagabond
Look at it like this: essentially it would look exactly the same as the mini pillar by steven except with an extra central pillar down to the ball perc so the joint-- RECESSED;)--can be on top.
The mouth piece would look like the fc-1000 sidecar

The recycling would make it a must buy for me, but otherwise still and awesome piece.

yes!!! bigger naturally, the ball perc pillar is my daily driver but i'd like it quite a bit bigger.

turdhole,

EverythingsHazy

I personally don't care much for dewar style pieces, seeing as a lot of vapes will be right in your face, and they also block the view of the inside of the can, which was my main reason for wanting bubbler-style necks instead of bent necks from the top, BUT...

I think the way a dewar style joint would best work with a pillar piece, is if the pillars were exposed, seeing as there would be no point in the middle chamber, which would be closed off and useless.

Here's a rough mockup:
Screen%20Shot%202015-05-29%20at%209.50.50%20PM_zpsxtikiqef.png

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
I think you might as well go as far as adding the klein factor in just to return the water directly to the bottom. I find it will definitely travel pass the mouth piece and you don't want to even deal with that.

CG420,

BoogerMan

I personally don't care much for dewar style pieces, seeing as a lot of vapes will be right in your face, and they also block the view of the inside of the can, which was my main reason for wanting bubbler-style necks instead of bent necks from the top, BUT...

I think the way a dewar style joint would best work with a pillar piece, is if the pillars were exposed, seeing as there would be no point in the middle chamber, which would be closed off and useless.

Here's a rough mockup:
Screen%20Shot%202015-05-29%20at%209.50.50%20PM_zpsxtikiqef.png
That is sick @EverythingsHazy!

I just say to make the chamber above the pillars like twice as tall. That will help avoid splash back.

MilkyMondays

please tell steven to get on the dirty rico knockoffs:) Is everyone down with the apocoline perc?
Dirty-Rico-Double-Apocoline-Straight-2.jpg

Last edited:
MilkyMondays,

PuffNStuff

What would you name it Haze? Do you think its doable??.......um where is the bowl piece?? :ugh::suspicious:

PuffNStuff,

dabsonthemountain

gallery_305640_7218_15331.jpg

I sat down and did another one in paint...
Instead of the hammerheads that sometimes produce bubbles so big it's basically 2 natural percs, why not have a grid in there? Smaller bubbles would make the piece function even better I think. It kills the flavor saver part, but we have other glass for that... It could just be your typical chinese inline too if grids are still to complex, with just 5 or 6 slits going up. Even that might work better and move more water than the double sided barrel. Usually only 4 holes are firing anyway.

And then since a grid or inline might work better, why not have the downstem from that inline to triple doughnut? It might make for the sexiest double barrel ever...
So a double barrel, like below, but with the downstem from the inline. The bubble on the connection between the downstem and bottom barrel should be nonexistent, unlike the bubble between the downstem and the perc on the inline. They would need to have it squared off too.

new%20recycler%20glass%20bong%20with%20bowl%20and%20oil%20rig%20glass%20dome%20glass%20nail%2014.4mm.jpg

temp2.0x0.jpg

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
:shrug:
As someone who has purchased a double barrel - What's the point?

It's such an underwhelming piece IMO...
It does actually function as a recycler if you watch it through a mirror or something, but as I'm hitting it, it feels like there's no point to the return tube. Especially since the 2 inlets are either lower than or the same height as, the drain.
It seems to be an example of form over function to me...

The barrel to funnel is the exact same design without any of the drawbacks IMO...

But as to your revisions:
I like them :brow:

I'd suggest maybe making the downstem fork out and connect to both sides, kinda like this Earl Jr piece:
20130713_003610.jpg

It would help ensure the perc fires evenly and doesnt favour one side (which I imagine would be annoying in a barrel piece considering it's uptube placement...)

Working with steven on a binary matrix look-a-like with the new mobius aesthetics. Get hyped.
Awesome!
The newer aesthetics haven't really grown on me too much yet, but I do like the look of the binary matrix :brow:

not a fan of mobius
:(
I love me some mobius :luv:

dabsonthemountain

:shrug:
As someone who has purchased a double barrel - What's the point?

It's such an underwhelming piece IMO...
It does actually function as a recycler if you watch it through a mirror or something, but as I'm hitting it, it feels like there's no point to the return tube. Especially since the 2 inlets are either lower than or the same height as, the drain.
It seems to be an example of form over function to me...

The barrel to funnel is the exact same design without any of the drawbacks IMO...

But as to your revisions:
I like them :brow:

I'd suggest maybe making the downstem fork out and connect to both sides, kinda like this Earl Jr piece:
20130713_003610.jpg

It would help ensure the perc fires evenly and doesnt favour one side (which I imagine would be annoying in a barrel piece considering it's uptube placement...)

Awesome!
The newer aesthetics haven't really grown on me too much yet, but I do like the look of the binary matrix :brow:

:(
I love me some mobius :luv:
I just don't like those hamerhead percs... They always only fire from the top couple slits, bubbles don't really push out from the center either. On any piece the bubbles should never sit stagnant, the original design has a space between the two sides of the perc where they sit. This design with a grid would give them nowhere to sit because they'd be more or less thrown from the center, where the perc is placed, and get pushed upward the same way. Grids tend to push water, think of the distilled glass pieces. I can't think of any pieces that move water as well as his recyclers. So maybe we could get something better instead of this from Hitman...

The perc obviously isn't working very efficiently, and there isn't too much water moving. And the big bubble sitting in the middle some of those other bubbles are joining with makes it pretty much just a double natural perc piece. Most bubbles never even join with it, so that would mean all that air really just sits there stagnant. Then the ones that push past it are huge, but for some reason still aren't pushing any volume of water ahead of it.
This might change all that.
And I really like my buddies Hitman double barrel, so I think it would be cool for china to legitimately +1 Hitman's flagship piece. I like the feel and look of the double barrel, but I was just thinking of how to improve it. I don't know really of course, but this could be a nice improvement over it. And a funnel is even better probably. It would be awesome if they could place one uptake tube a little forward and one a little back so we could get good vortex going in there. The way this might be able to move water might make for a real nice vortex. They could try the sphere and the cake too even. The funnel would probably work best though. Why not have a funnel with a cake on top while we're at it?
Get that vortex with the splash-stopping power too.
Hitman will never even see it coming...

*And that's even better, the forking downstem. It makes sense, and would probably be necessary actually. That's exactly what I mean basically though, you seem to get my idea. I wasn't sure anyone would, It makes me happy though, it's hard to make that in paint so people can actually understand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom