Custom Glass Ideas/Designs Thread

mrgohamilton

EXACTLY! Is there some sort of barrier (Price, import, or something else) to Chinese glass groducers laying hands on some slyme or purple rain or other colors that we typically see in USA work? Lip wrap and a ring around the glass base are definitely subtle enough they don't make it feel too gas station headstore status

And what does everyone think on taller vs shorter can on the straight fab tube? I'm a bigger fan of the shorter one that everythingshazy posted

From what I've seen, the Chinese companies that produce glass rods don't make colors such as slyme or purple rain (closest i saw was spring purple). Most of the "U.S" colors, which is how these Chinese companies label them, are very generic and plain.

From my knowledge (and I'm most likely wrong) most of the "heady" colors are produced in North america. and some in the UK.

mrgohamilton,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I've liked a few colored pieces from China,
I've got a black/white mini tube, a fire & ice style mini rig, and a virus rig.

And I do like the black/white lip wraps I've seen.

It's just those uninspired uses of those exact same shades of green/blue/amber that are boring to me.

Hell, I've seen plenty of cool heady pipes on dhgate, but they all have built in bowls, not GonGs...

TL/DR:
I completely agree with you :D

EXACTLY! Is there some sort of barrier (Price, import, or something else) to Chinese glass groducers laying hands on some slyme or purple rain or other colors that we typically see in USA work? Lip wrap and a ring around the glass base are definitely subtle enough they don't make it feel too gas station headstore status

And what does everyone think on taller vs shorter can on the straight fab tube? I'm a bigger fan of the shorter one that everythingshazy posted
Check these out. Scroll down the entire listing. Quite a few different colors and designs n the one listing. Definately some different colors there.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/glass.../235405951.html?recinfo=17,0,1#svh-1-5|null:0
1skKbDh.jpg

EverythingsHazy

I received my FC-1000 on Friday and I'm really happy with it.

Everything seems to be straight and lined up. The bottom of some pillars have smaller openings than others but it doesn't seem to be an issue. No scratches or cracks and all the welds are nice and clean.

You can use a range of water levels, it isn't picky. I have used it with my EQ and solo but haven't spent enough time with it to really get to know it.

uerkjCf.jpg

Awesome milkshot vid of the FC-1000.

uerkjCf.jpg

EverythingsHazy

The FC-1000 arrived! Really soon after it shipped, too.

First impressions upon opening up the packaging:
This thing is a BEAST! It's massive. So much bigger than the gb-186, which is already a pretty big piece.

Build Quality:
-Solid
-Thick glass
-Base doesn't wobble.
-Good welds.
-Everything is lined up within a few degrees of being straight. Very good for a dhgate piece.

Function:
-With the water level low enough, there is no initial drag before it starts bubbling, like there is in the video on Steven's page.
- If the top of the matrix perc is 1, and the bottom of the pillars is 10, I'd say the water level is ~4 (with cranberry extract). So a little bit lower than in the middle of the two.

Draw/Hit:
*With the water level described above*
-It has a smooth rumble, and you can tell it is coming from the lower portion of the piece, and not the open area in the top section of the can. It reminds me of a rough waterfall sound, muffled a lot by big headphones.
-There is a little bit of resistance, do to the nature of the percs/design, but not too much. More than the gb186, which has almost none, though.

It still feels really cool having seen this piece go from just a concept to a reality, over the last few months.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
- If the top of the matrix perc is 1, and the bottom of the pillars is 10, I'd say the water level is ~4 (with cranberry extract). So a little bit lower than in the middle of the two.
On that scale, I use it at 10, and sometimes bump it up to 12-14 if I want to see more waterworks at the top of the pillars :D
(Note - No NACE...)
EDIT: Stevens first water test video would've been at something like a 50 on this scale :o
-It has a smooth rumble, and you can tell it is coming from the lower portion of the piece, and not the open area in the top section of the can. It reminds me of a rough waterfall sound, muffled a lot by big headphones
I don't know why but I LOVE:luv: that muffled waterfall/trickling water sound...
I've got a couple of pieces that do it, and I enjoy it every time :lol:

EverythingsHazy

On that scale, I use it at 10, and sometimes bump it up to 12-14 if I want to see more waterworks at the top of the pillars :D
(Note - No NACE...)
EDIT: Stevens first water test video would've been at something like a 50 on this scale :o
Yea, it's pretty cool how you can get different pillar action by changing the water level. You can have almost none, or you can have it bubbling all the way in the top chamber.

And lmfao at the first water test video being at 50 :rofl:

Do you get the initial drag of the pillars filling up, with the water level at 10?

I don't know why but I LOVE:luv: that muffled waterfall/trickling water sound...
I've got a couple of pieces that do it, and I enjoy it every time :lol:
I agree, it does sound pretty nice. It's a relaxing sound, to go with a relaxing activity.

Last edited:
EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: Nugg

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Do you get the initial drag of the pillars filling up, with the water level at 10?
Not really, they seem to be up and firing basically instantly once I'm pulling.

I can slowly add suction with my mouth to make the pillars suck up some water and get that drag you're talking about, but when I'm actually using it my draw rate is so much quicker that it's just straight to bubbles.

Frederick McGuire,

Nugg

I fill my fc-1000 to 10 as well. It gives good bubbles at the top of the pillars that bursts into the top chamber. I find that there isn't really much take up before everything starts firing but you can notice a little drag.

EverythingsHazy

From Steven:
Re.STRAIGHT fab.

This morning,my workshop manager came my office and told me there were too many many broken when they produced it,because there must keep same temerature when welding the inside cylinder and outer can.it produce slowly...about 1 pice are broken in 2 piece.so which mean high costs.

I write it to you only let you tell FC friends,I will add price from May 22th,about add 10$,I don't want let FC friends think it is hot sell and I add price,I must let them know reason and leave 2 days for they buy this piece,otherwise they think I am not honest.

Also, @John Lewus I believe you asked about cleaning the Fc-1000 right? Well, it's pretty easy. You don't have to rotat the piece all around to get the water out. You can pour it all out through the mouthpiece, you just might have to turn it right side up once or twice depending on how much water is in it, to get it all into the bottom chamber, so when you turn it upside down, the water flows up the pillars, into the top chamber, and then out the mouthpiece. I recommend using Cranberry Extract, and shaking up the whole piece to get it fully coated (including the dry section around the pillars, to help make it easier to rinse out with hot water.

MilkyMondays

@blankrider @EverythingsHazy can we get steven to work on his percs? He could totally make something similar to the seed of life perc on the straight fab, just making some sort of grid across the top of the perc. He has laser glass cutting abilities to make the matrix percs so I assume he could use the same idea just overall to make his percs fire/diffuse better and drag/chug less.

Seems like a great next step after creating this beautiful library of steven glass-- improve!!!!!

edit: I love hearing great things about the fc-1000-- I've had my mini pillar for a little over a month now and have gone from almost no water (just covering the ball) to the water well above the bottom of the pillars with a restrictive quarts banger to get full function in the top chamber and flavor.

MilkyMondays,

turdhole

vagabond
you guys seen this?

also, is there any way to turn this into more of a bubbler style.

uerkjCf.jpg

like with the joint for the bowl being recessed into the top chamber with a long downstem to matrix perc and have the pillars go around the downstem?...think they would still function?

*i might be high*

turdhole,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
you guys seen this?

also, is there any way to turn this into more of a bubbler style.

uerkjCf.jpg

like with the joint for the bowl being recessed into the top chamber with a long downstem to matrix perc and have the pillars go around the downstem?...think they would still function?

*i might be high*
That doesn't make it any more "bubbler style"
Bubbler style refers to the mouthpiece coming out of the side of the can, while otherwise being the same as a bent neck straight tube mouthpiece...

That suggestion would be hard to make I'd think, there's really not much room between those pillars...
The new downstem would need to fit inside the opening at the top of the pillars, then puncture through the seal where the tops of each pillar meets.

And it wouldn't really add much to the piece IMO...
It's already very stable - I can leave my assembled sublimator on top of it.

As much as I like a nice dewaar, it doesn't suit every piece... :2c:

Edit:
It would also make the initial dry chamber a closed off redundant section...
Another edit:
It would still be perfectly functional though :D

Frederick McGuire,

turdhole

vagabond
actually the more i think about it, i think it can be done. would just need to be larger in diameter to fit the downstem and i'm not sure what the splash at the top would look like since the downstem would be going through the center.

and the "bubbler style" i'm talking about is basically just the bowl joint is centered above the perc(s), you know like a bubbler

idk what a "bent neck straight tube mouthpiece" means

they have this but it functions like shit, basically trees,

Last edited:
turdhole,
Top Bottom