Custom Glass Ideas/Designs Thread

mixchu69

I think Fc 710 will work for diffusion and that d-cycled piece above combined will be $90. I was looking at the FC 710 usage video on dhgate: are you supposed to fill a diffusion piece that high? I never used one before.

How high should I fill the d-cycler above? I am a noob and appreciate any feedback on these 2 pieces and their water level.

mixchu69,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

EverythingsHazy

I like it, a big D-cycler could be pretty fun. What's the likelihood of getting a higher diffusion perc? Maybe not a matrix, but just something a bit smoother than the 8 (one of mine had 7, designated that one the flavorsaver) slits

Any ideas for a perc with more diffusion, that will have a nice smooth effect, and good stacking?
Hi i have been watching these threads for a while and decided to contact a DHgate seller about producing a piece for Nectar collector style rigs such as the dualie
other_977205384_00.jpg

he was able to produce the prototypes over the holiday.
other_990316491_00.jpg

other_990316597_00.jpg

he also produced one with a very small can that i like and suggested he might add an inline to.
other_990316683_00.jpg

Please let me know what you think and if youd like me to suggest anything to him.

Very cool. I'm interested to see how this one turns out. Good work!

Is this a new seller, or one that's been established as solid already?

Well that's unique! Haven't seen something like that before. The only thing I'd like to see is maybe a wider base and a support between the long arm and the can. I'd like to hook up an AshCatcher to one side, and my PNWT to the other side for a huge Frankenstein rig of epic proportions.

I agree on the bigger base. The piece is very thin and tall which looks super easy to knock over. A larger base should help a bit. Perhaps a thicker base too, to add some weight on the bottom.

-----

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I think Fc 710 will work for diffusion and that d-cycled piece above combined will be $90. I was looking at the FC 710 usage video on dhgate: are you supposed to fill a diffusion piece that high? I never used one before.

How high should I fill the d-cycler above? I am a noob and appreciate any feedback on these 2 pieces and their water level.
FC-710 should be filled to between the top and bottom of the slanted opening at the top of th perc. It takes a lot of water but the vapor only travels thru the perc tube then out the top and MP.
The D-cycler, I do not have...yet

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
I fill my D cycler to right below the uptake tube for the vortex chamber. That gets the water up there with just the slightest pull, but try A few different levels yourself. Water level may be dictated by the piece you are using it with. Mine is a oil rig so there very little restriction.
It's a fantastic piece regardless. That and the FC 710 get daily use at my house.

MGG

New function video for the incycler from steven after some help:

hah cute, well i mean.. it functions now at least.. i'm worried if you pulled too hard you'd just get a mouthfull of water. also that perc looks mangled. maybe the intake holes in the top need to be bigger.

EverythingsHazy

I would definitely be interested. Maybe we could make it slightly different than the current male D-cycler.
I was bored and I too want this with a 18mm Female so I took the initiative

Used @Trogdor's picture and added a low res pic from google images

3Rq5AL2.jpg

(Coulda done a better job, but I'm still lazy, ha ha ha)

How about dual uptake tubes since this new female version will be bigger?

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-17%20at%201.48.19%20PM_zpsh7spxbqe.png

chainz

Any ideas for a perc with more diffusion, that will have a nice smooth effect, and good stacking?

Very cool. I'm interested to see how this one turns out. Good work!

Is this a new seller, or one that's been established as solid already?

I agree on the bigger base. The piece is very thin and tall which looks super easy to knock over. A larger base should help a bit. Perhaps a thicker base too, to add some weight on the bottom.

-----

Pretty sure he is considered a good seller and shipper.

chainz,

EverythingsHazy

Note: Steven just told me that the MAtrix PIllar should be ready within 2 days. However, it's been almost ready for a long time now, so no time guarantees until we see a pic/video and product listing.

Also, for the recycler, I let him know that cuts in the perc would be better than a few holes like the one in the latest video, and that it should have some more of them, as well as a slightly thinner return tube under the funnel, so the water stops getting sucked up through it. That should help make the path of least resistance the one going trough the perc, instead of up the funnel. We'll see what comes from it.

Pretty sure he is considered a good seller and shipper.
Awesome. Good work so far on communicating with him to get it made.

MGG

Note: Steven just told me that the MAtrix PIllar should be ready within 2 days. However, it's been almost ready for a long time now, so no time guarantees until we see a pic/video and product listing.

Also, for the recycler, I let him know that cuts in the perc would be better than a few holes like the one in the latest video, and that it should have some more of them, as well as a slightly thinner return tube under the funnel, so the water stops getting sucked up through it. That should help make the path of least resistance the one going trough the perc, instead of up the funnel. We'll see what comes from it.

Awesome. Good work so far on communicating with him to get it made.

awesome man, thanks for all your work, i've been on the pre-order for that pillar for so damn long now XD I'm still convinced it's going to be too much diffusion for vaping but meh.

Hoops

@EverythingsHazy IMHO, you may want to consider letting @blankrider work exclusively with Steven on the MS Torus knockoff and MS carb caps. Steven is making more problems with the designs trying to appease multiple opinions and getting confused on who requested what.....obviously.

Just my honest opinion....that Torus is just getting worse.

MGG

@EverythingsHazy IMHO, you may want to consider letting @blankrider work exclusively with Steven on the MS Torus knockoff and MS carb caps. Steven is making more problems with the designs trying to appease multiple opinions and getting confused on who requested what.....obviously.

Just my honest opinion....that Torus is just getting worse.

lol you honestly think it's gotten worse... before it legitimately did not function at all.

Hoops

lol you honestly think it's gotten worse... before it legitimately did not function at all.
I wouldn't buy it now anymore than I would the last version.

How many prototypes do you think he'll make before he just puts it up for sale? If the UFO is any indication....not many more.

Hoops,

snamuh

ghost
After reading some of the open source thread about the torus... I think there were some good pointers there on what is wrong with the latest mock up.

Idk who came up with the idea for Steven first... But if Steven if asking people other than the original person that's his fuck up. Not anyone else's.

Business.

But yeah I would not buy the lasted one.. That can is nasty. The first on looked dope aside from not functioning.

Like I said though on that other thread there was a post about making the vortex stem area smaller, and a few other ideas for it to function better....

snamuh,
Reactions: Tweak

EverythingsHazy

My last post was deleted because of talking about an insulting pm. Could've just edited it out. I'm not typing it all again.

Summary:
-People said the same thing about the matrix pillar and look how that turned out.

-Steven asks me for help.

-letting him finish each piece before bogging him down with like 10 new ones at the same time would be more helpful than me ignoring his messages.

awesome man, thanks for all your work, i've been on the pre-order for that pillar for so damn long now XD I'm still convinced it's going to be too much diffusion for vaping but meh.
Hey, I missed this post when I was commenting. You're welcome man! Glad you like it.

I'm going to try it out with different water levels to see which provides the best flavor/bubbling smoothness. The cool thing about pillar pieces, is that you can use different water levels and get different levels of diffusion...

Last edited by a moderator:

EverythingsHazy

Uhg, it was easier when it said 40 days :lol:. I'll debate on it while I'm working tonight and probably order in the morning unless someone points out something wrong or flawed with the piece. That will be 3 pieces in 3 months :worms: Ya'll did this to me :rofl::freak:

:lol:

If you are interested in the Matrix Pillar, it should be going up for sale soon too, but all of these other new pieces are slowing it's production down a lot. It was delayed a few months now. You'd have thought it would've been the first out, the way the prototypes were coming along in the beginning.

According to Steven's latest messages, it should've been out today, so hopefully they are at least close.

Steven asked for input on its function. Anything, other that probably a wider base, you guys would like to see?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
you said it, wider base.

I like it, looks to be minimal restriction with great diffusion.

FlyingLow,

MilkyMondays

I would just like to point out-- after reading through ALL of this thread and most of the other 2 or 3 off shoots (including most of the 600 pager)-- that my impartial opinion regarding the large matrix to pillar piece is: why not just have a straight tube with ice pinches? The larger one is going to primarily be purchased for use with flower anyways. This way we can simply work on adding more pillars to the current mini Steven has up for sale. That gross bent neck coming out of the top makes that thing look like crap IMO.

Also, for those looking for an awesome recycler rig, Lilixia's JM Flow knock off is the best scientific option hands down. Just ordered it myself:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/glass...erc-recycler/231007473.html#s1-0-1|2002735033

@EverythingsHazy I also was able to get in contact with Lilixia and he/she is making me a clear one with a straight joint. I sent him/her this picture for reference and am hoping that they can do the AMAZING sprinkler perc JM Flow makes in the future.
BWG-JMR4-2.jpg

MilkyMondays,

EverythingsHazy

I would just like to point out-- after reading through ALL of this thread and most of the other 2 or 3 off shoots (including most of the 600 pager)-- that my impartial opinion regarding the large matrix to pillar piece is: why not just have a straight tube with ice pinches? The larger one is going to primarily be purchased for use with flower anyways. This way we can simply work on adding more pillars to the current mini Steven has up for sale. That gross bent neck coming out of the top makes that thing look like crap IMO.

The bent neck coming out of the top of the currently listed Large Matrix Pillar, was decided by blankrider. Everyone else unanimously voted for the bubbler style neck that I had been suggesting the whole time. I still got Steven to make it the better way, which is with the bubbler style neck, but it is just taking a while to be completed now, especially with all the other pieces he is being asked to make, all at once.

As for why we decided on the bubbler style neck, it's because it allows you to see the perc action as the vapor fills up the can, as opposed to the bent neck. Also, almost nobody on here voted for that they use ice in their bongs with vapor. Most voted either warm, or room temperature water.

@EverythingsHazy I also was able to get in contact with Lilixia and he/she is making me a clear one with a straight joint. I sent him/her this picture for reference and am hoping that they can do the AMAZING sprinkler perc JM Flow makes in the future.
BWG-JMR4-2.jpg

That looks pretty nice. Do you have any videos of yours, to see how it functions?

EverythingsHazy,
Top Bottom