• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Custom Copper Nickel Vise and Arbor Jaws For Rosin Tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoogerMan

That one is several pucks in one and weighs 1.8 g ( very thick).

I have several single pucks that are bigger and they started out as a gram like this one (very thin). :)
1rvh39.jpg
Very nice :rockon:

I wonder if the round design will allow for pressing slightly more (like 1.5-2g) and still yield the same as if you were to press 0.5g... :hmm:

Either way I know I will be very very happy with it :tup:

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
I fit up the first set of round bar jaws today. I am not used working with roundbar and it has different challenges than basic blocks.

Note to future self- build & test, then sell.. :D

What do ya think? They are heating up now.. This is with the stock jaws removed. Trying a new gasket material as an insulator. Fingers crossed.
23h6d0p.jpg

BoogerMan

I fit up the first set of round bar jaws today. I am not used working with roundbar and it has different challenges than basic blocks.

Note to future self- build & test, then sell.. :D

What do ya think? They are heating up now.. This is with the stock jaws removed. Trying a new gasket material as an insulator. Fingers crossed.
23h6d0p.jpg
That is a beautiful new setup :rockon:

Let us know how the testing goes. Good luck :tup:

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
Let us know how the testing goes. Good luck :tup:
So after a half an hour, they are still not up to temp, but my vise is getting warm.

I may need to go back to plywood as an insulator for now and I might have to remove some material from the sides if that does not work for less thermal mass.

Thanks for being patient.. I will get this figured out.

EDIT: I swapped out a soldering iron earlier today, I just realized it's 220v..:ugh:

FYI, A 220V SOLDEING IRON WILL NOT GLOW WITH 110V POWER. duhhh, there is my problem.... lmao..

Last edited:

herbivore21

So after a half an hour, they are still not up to temp, but my vise is getting warm.

I may need to go back to plywood as an insulator for now and I might have to remove some material from the sides if that does not work for less thermal mass.

EDIT: I swapped out a soldering iron earlier today, I just realized it's 220v..:ugh:

FYI, A 220V SOLDEING IRON WILL NOT GLOW WITH 110V POWER. duhhh, there is my problem.... lmao..
lollercoasterz! Yup definitely will get no joy running a 220v heater on 110v lol

Man those round squishing jaws are amazing though! Excited to see how they go!

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
lollercoasterz! Yup definitely will get no joy running a 220v heater on 110v lol

Man those round squishing jaws are amazing though! Excited to see how they go!

Yeah, that was a brain fart moment for sure. I have never seen a 220v appliance with a 110v plug before but there must be a first for everything..

Thanks Sir, The temp is almost there now, but I am still soaking too much heat into the vise at the moment with the paper gasket material. Wood works though. I need to order some of that Phenolic plastic sheet in next to test.

BoogerMan

Lol glad you got it figured out! I was going to be pretty bummed if the pucks didn't woek because I'm really loving that design :D

herbivore21

Yeah, that was a brain fart moment for sure. I have never seen a 220v appliance with a 110v plug before but there must be a first for everything..

Thanks Sir, The temp is almost there now, but I am still soaking too much heat into the vise at the moment with the paper gasket material. Wood works though. I need to order some of that Phenolic plastic sheet in next to test.
Sweet, I really need to hold off until there is something ready made for me to fasten to the vice without any real labor on my part or need for power tools etc for assembly ;)

Once you've settled on a heat insulator and form factor you'll be hearing from me immediately, can't wait to get off the straightener (although I did just squish out a solid 5-6g of rosin from bubble lol) :D

Believe it or not, your setup appears to be one of the only ones available to buy that accounts for getting the rosin out of the way of the heaters once it oozes out of the material. This to me is a deal maker.

I haven't done flower rosin in ages, I prefer to make bubble and then squish (or lately just dab the full melt :D ). When I squish a bigger sachet with 1g or more of bubble (the lowest grade bubble that I squish will give about 50-60% back which can easily make a mess if you squish too much at once), I need to do like 10 squishes with the straightener to get the goods out. Clearly, more pressure is needed!

I think your new round plates there look perfect for squishing up to 2-4g of bubble in one or two hits. This is an attractive proposition! Have you squished hash brother?

BoogerMan

Sweet, I really need to hold off until there is something ready made for me to fasten to the vice without any real labor on my part or need for power tools etc for assembly ;)

Once you've settled on a heat insulator and form factor you'll be hearing from me immediately, can't wait to get off the straightener (although I did just squish out a solid 5-6g of rosin from bubble lol) :D

Believe it or not, your setup appears to be one of the only ones available to buy that accounts for getting the rosin out of the way of the heaters once it oozes out of the material. This to me is a deal maker.

I haven't done flower rosin in ages, I prefer to make bubble and then squish (or lately just dab the full melt :D ). When I squish a bigger sachet with 1g or more of bubble (the lowest grade bubble that I squish will give about 50-60% back which can easily make a mess if you squish too much at once), I need to do like 10 squishes with the straightener to get the goods out. Clearly, more pressure is needed!

I think your new round plates there look perfect for squishing up to 2-4g of bubble in one or two hits. This is an attractive proposition! Have you squished hash brother?

I should have @Joel W. exact setup (vise, round bar, soldering irons) by early next week. So if Joel can't test some hash squishing before then, I should be able to soon! I have those pocono screens I just got a little bit ago so I'll make a little dry sift and try squishing a couple grams of that :D

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
I'm telling you, should have gotten that phenolic block I saw on the cheap on the bay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291392125532?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Wishing I would have bought some, still a bunch available and it could be cut thinner as well...using JW's plywood trick...whole thing is heating as I speak going towards first press.
@Joel W. should my irons go all the way in like yours do? Cuz mine don't.

Yes, I should have bought some of that stuff a while back but between the PTFE, slickwrap, irons, vise, round bar, well, I was out of control. lol..

Did you install the short modified soldering iron tips that I included? They should fit nearly all the way in.

If I recall, I did not drill the holes all the way through, but they are about 1.75" deep. Try taking off just the tip all together and see if it seats. Ideally you want the hottest part of the iron (glowing tip) in the center of the metal but with cuni this may not be all that critical. Let me know.. ;)

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
@BoogerMan , I am going to include some insulating material but for now, wood does insulate very well.

I can't recommend the plastic without trying it first, but I have a feeling it is a good insulator also.

Joel W.

Accessory Maker

Thanks, I have only pressed some dry sift hash but it had a lot of veg in it so it was dark in color.

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
Day 2 testing is completed. These new jaws and plywood insulators heat up to 230f in 19.5 minutes and will exceed 250f in under 25 minutes. Shhhhwing!

You can speed this time up with a torch also.

We are looking good now. ;)
2569zzo.jpg

Everything due to ship, will ship out tomorrow morning.

Thank you!

29ohd2v.jpg

Edit: New Video Here! Sorry for the crappy video but you get the idea. Phone battery dies at the end.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B71ik6gbn7UJ_mzHn2Ew6OE7z74J8zElVA/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

BoogerMan

Day 2 testing is completed. These new jaws and plywood insulators heat up to 230f in 19.5 minutes and will exceed 250f in under 25 minutes. Shhhhwing!

You can speed this time up with a torch also.

We are looking good now. ;)
2569zzo.jpg

Everything due to ship, will ship out tomorrow morning.

Thank you!

29ohd2v.jpg

Edit: New Video Here! Sorry for the crappy video but you get the idea. Phone battery dies at the end.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B71ik6gbn7UJ_mzHn2Ew6OE7z74J8zElVA/view?usp=sharing
Yay one of those sets be mine :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Love the video! Looks like the round picks are a win :tup: can't wait to make some vids early this week :brow::D:clap::nod::ko::smug:

So I just tried dry sifting for the first time.

I think I might be too impatient for it.

Would I be better off with some bubble bags @herbivore21? Or maybe a tumbler?

Maybe I should just try squishing bud first before spending any more money on sifting gear or bags lol.

Monsoon

So I just tried dry sifting for the first time.

I think I might be too impatient for it.

Would I be better off with some bubble bags @herbivore21? Or maybe a tumbler?

Maybe I should just try squishing bud first before spending any more money on sifting gear or bags lol.
If you get a tumbler, your material should be very dry shake consistency going in so your humidity is a factor whereas with bubble you toss it into the water. You only get one grade with the tumbler, 150 micron for the PollenMaster, and quality will drop the longer you run it as it starts to pull out more green material instead of gold. You can card the output kief as well if you want to refine it though it might not be necessary for Rosin.

From my limited experience with bubblehash I would say that if you're willing to put in the extra effort, you'll be rewarded with much better quality since the water filters out a lot of the nasties. For me it's kind of a pain to make bubblehash properly in my living space and lugging bags of ice from the Depanneur is annoying. If you do go that route though, you should be able to find a Panda Portable Washer for under $100 on ebay or Amazon.

BoogerMan

If you get a tumbler, your material should be very dry shake consistency going in so your humidity is a factor whereas with bubble you toss it into the water. You only get one grade with the tumbler, 150 micron for the PollenMaster, and quality will drop the longer you run it as it starts to pull out more green material instead of gold. You can card the output kief as well if you want to refine it though it might not be necessary for Rosin.

From my limited experience with bubblehash I would say that if you're willing to put in the extra effort, you'll be rewarded with much better quality since the water filters out a lot of the nasties. For me it's kind of a pain to make bubblehash properly in my living space and lugging bags of ice from the Depanneur is annoying. If you do go that route though, you should be able to find a Panda Portable Washer for under $100 on ebay or Amazon.
Thanks man!

Did you get your pollenmaster yet?

I may try a wash machine next and then see if I like that better than dry sift. I guess I want to work less than I thought lol. I liked bho because it was like a half hour or hour process then the vac did the rest. I just dont like waiting days for it to purge properly. I think bud squishing may be best for my short attention span :rolleyes:

We shall see soon. Got some goodies in today.

Going to mess with the hair irons soon.

I have my round plates coming in on Monday so I'll be using those and the soldering irons soon enough :tup:

F25D4D9E-936B-4350-809F-939DD75FA303_zpssak1fbhu.jpg

BoogerMan

I like your style @BoogerMan !!! Hope those irons are the same size :D

So, does anything happen on your end when i like and unlike your post 10 times?
Haha I have always wondered that as well!

Nope I only get 1 alert for 1 like lol.

Just greased up the vise! Time to try some squishing!!!!!!

Yay first squeeze down! That was great! This is seriously the funnest and easiest way to make oil. Solventless is just the icing on the cake. Fuck yeah :rockon::rockon:

I squished 0.5g of some mid grade bud. This bud gives me about a 12% yield making bho.

Squished at around 250-260F. If it comes out kind of sappy even after cooling, is that from the higher temp?
445B7C61-AC75-4494-8257-F6E145B260FA_zpsowfbp7cw.jpg

And the results (not sure on yield. I'm going to squeeze more mid grade for practice and maybe even a little top shelf skunk #1 A little later after I trust myself enough lol)
2FBF14C4-15E4-422C-BBDF-591FFB684AF6_zpserm50ige.jpg

All scrapped up. Putting the parchment on an ice pack while scrapping was the best thing ever! Especially for this sappy stuff. It is maybe 0.03-0.05g. Nice little single dab :D Don't want to weigh it lol. Taste is better than the bho for sure! And I'm pretty high so it is working :lol:
BC3E644E-FAD8-49D1-BBF0-4A638A213749_zpsvtpxh71z.jpg

Last edited:

Monsoon

Thanks man!

Did you get your pollenmaster yet?

I may try a wash machine next and then see if I like that better than dry sift. I guess I want to work less than I thought lol. I liked bho because it was like a half hour or hour process then the vac did the rest. I just dont like waiting days for it to purge properly. I think bud squishing may be best for my short attention span :rolleyes:

I got it about a month ago, I have some of the results in my post history and on Instagram (monsoon73). Best tip if you try it is to toss in 20 nickels along with your weed, it will help to break up the bud and push stuff through the screen. That helped to fix my yield issue.

If you have easy access to dry ice, dry ice hash would probably be the easiest and cheapest method to try. Just need a silkscreen, coffee tin and dry ice.

BoogerMan

I got it about a month ago, I have some of the results in my post history and on Instagram (monsoon73). Best tip if you try it is to toss in 20 nickels along with your weed, it will help to break up the bud and push stuff through the screen. That helped to fix my yield issue.

If you have easy access to dry ice, dry ice hash would probably be the easiest and cheapest method to try. Just need a silkscreen, coffee tin and dry ice.
Sweet I'll look you up on IG. I completely missed everything you posted about it lol :doh:

I was looking into dry ice when I was researching screens for dry sift. I can get it at a grocery store so it is readily available for me.

A lot of people were saying it was garbage. But then a few would say they love it.

Have you tried making dry ice hash before? Did you like it? How was taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom