1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom CARBLESS VapCap Ti stems

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by stardustsailor, Sep 19, 2017.

1. stardustsailor

stardustsailor Accessory Maker

It's not anodised.
    What you see as gold is actually an oxide layer formed on the stainless steel surface ,
    from heating.Unfortunately it gets wiped off quite easily.

Squiby, V-apE and cpk like this.
  2. nickdanger

nickdanger Well-Known Member

Actually, it's not anodized, just well loved (used). The lighting in my pictures this time was not the best, and the shadow makes it appear gold.

Squiby, V-apE, cpk and 1 other person like this.
  3. stardustsailor

A standard 62 mm stem.
    Can be coupled with either a Titanium tip or a stainless steel tip.
    Can be used with or without a condenser .
    Simple cap-length ,polished mouthpiece end and the rest of the stem is "sandstone " textured.
    Anodised to purple-blue-teal hue .
    Simple yet slick !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers.

4. TNT_error

TNT_error Well-Known Member

Can't wait to have this baby in my hands!

Squiby, cpk and stardustsailor like this.
  5. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

Gold Finger, on the left, arrived today.
    Love it. I love the look, length, weight, and feel of these.
    Beautiful work.

[​IMG]

6. stardustsailor

Two standard length ( 62 mm ) ,carbless stems .
    Tree bark textured ,with standard cap-length ,polished mp end.

One is anodised at ultra-violet hue ,the other is lime green with pink-gold grain !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers.

7. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

Like @nickdanger , I have had my previous SDS stems for a few weeks now. For some reason I was unable to up-load pics to Imgur. Now it suddenly works again. Go figure.

Anyway, here is a pic of my stems.

The beautiful blue one with the bark design is a 62mm niobium stem. It is the first one made by @stardustsailor and was a gift that I will treasure forever. It is stunningly beautiful and I feel blessed to have it. I promise to take good care of it.

The hammered stem is a custom 79mm titanium stem that has been anodized twice to achieve a two-tone effect. It is a coppery pink/blue color. It also has a stylized mouthpiece which has a lovely curve to it. I love it and have been using it constantly.

[​IMG]

Don't hesitate if you're on the fence. @stardustsailor makes beautiful custom stems and is a joy to work with! Thank you!!! You are a true artist!

stickstones, paehtod, V-apE and 11 others like this.
  8. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

One of these days I'll be buying one of the custom stems. They are so beautiful in the pics it's so hard to even settle on a design! If had the go ahead to buy one tonight, I'll tell you what: I wouldn't be able to decide on a stem design.
    I think even it comes time to buy one I'll just let him know the colors I like and the textures I like and to have creative freedom? I know I want it to be an XL, no question there. I love love love the blended colors that stardust does. Stunning.

9. nickdanger

nickdanger Well-Known Member

These stems, along with the newest ti tip version with the deep grooves, is a really effective device. The texture makes the stem feel really nice in the hand and easy to spin. It's a beautifully crafted piece. Now after seeing the purple one, I may have to order one of those at some point. I may be saving money on material, but I'm sure it is being compensated for by purchasing all the VC accessories available lol!

ArthurJ, V-apE, DirtyD and 4 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors