1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom 3D Printed Vape Accessories - Delta 3D Studios

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by Ratchett, Mar 13, 2014.

1. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

@Ratchett I am interested in your 18mm basket screen maker. It says 1 inch on the description and the video says 3/4 inch screen.

Please clarify so I can purchase the proper unit and screens.

StormyPinkness, JCharles and 2clicker like this.
  2. Ratchett

Ratchett Vape Accessories Delta3DStudios.com Accessory Maker

The Video featured in the product description was produced by @Stu for me using one of my BP380 basket screen presses which is used for smaller stems such as the ENano vaporizer, that press uses the 3/4 inch screens.

The BP465 produces 18mm baskets and uses larger 1 inch screens. Sorry for the confusion

Honestly, I love my BP465 basket screens. I use them in every glass 18mm WPA I own. I've got one sitting inside my 18mm Arizer Air WPA right now as a secondary ABV catch to keep my water a bit cleaner

3. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification. I have been using them for everything that fits them. Even at $1 each it soon becomes obvious that purchasing the basket screen maker will save $$.

I don't use 14mm nearly as much, so I guess I only need the 18mm one.

I have not had good luck with reusing a cleaned screen. Any suggestions?? (besides tossing once cleaned of any resin)?

4. Ratchett

I am using a 91% iso alcohol in a plastic test tube with a screw top. I keep a bunch of them soaking in that until I have about a dozen+ basket screens soaking in one container. I then drain refill with fresh ISO. Then proceed to shake the shit out of the container to dislodge most of the clogged resin.

This usually cleans the screens well enough for my needs. Sometimes a screen will get extremely clogged. For this situation I toss the dried screen into my vape close to the heater, crank the vape's temp to max and then hit the vape dry. This usually cooks out some of the reclaim (and provides a nice sedative hit). Then I'll restart the cleaning process again after having cooked out the buildup (or some of it)

Alternatively, I know some people who like to use a torch to burn the screens to clean them. After burning, a quick rinse with some ISO will remove most of the carbon.

Although I prefer not using fire since I'm always looking for the best flavor possible, and hate any hint of combustion haha

5. StormyPinkness

StormyPinkness Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

@Ratchett
    Oh I'd very much love a ceramic version of the urchin (pineapple) stand. The honeycomb one too actually, I'm just about to order another one of those to hold some 18mm bowls. Metal versions would be cool too.

I was sad to see the pineapple stand no longer comes in yellow, it was born to be yellow.

Gigsabits53 and JCharles like this.
  6. Ratchett

For sure! There's a ton of items that size and larger I'd love to print, but right now the cost to outsource the printing is quite a bit, way over $100 USD to print!

I still have some yellow in stock, if anyone wanted anything printed in yellow, feel free to PM me to check if I have enough for a specific print :-)

StormyPinkness likes this.
  7. Buds of War

Buds of War New Member

has anyone redesigned CFX lid and mouthpiece using 3D printing?

8. Ratchett

What's wrong with it that needs fixing?

It's easy to 3D print any shape desired, but finding a suitable non-toxic vapor-safe material is the tricky part.

StormyPinkness likes this.
  9. Buds of War

Buds of War New Member

yeah its the material that i thought about too,

StormyPinkness and Ratchett like this.
  10. Papa Woody

Papa Woody "The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody

I also use 91% ISO alcohol and let my dirty screens soak until I need to harvest one from the soak. I then fish one out with a pair of hemostats and then, while wet, use a can of compressed air with the plastic tube to blast off any residual gunk. Always looks and works as good as new.

JCharles, Ratchett and Xelatsok like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors