• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Custom 3D printed Widgets - Delta 3D Studios

BoogerMan

Woot!

Happy to see everything fits in the stands nicely! It was a pleasure to do it, I love custom orders like this. It's fun to take something I've done before, and kick it up a notch!

Some D3DS fans may note those funnels, are a new design! @BoogerMan expressed the desire to replace his folded index cards with something a bit more durable. I came up with this organic shape (curved section blended with a 90-degree angle). This will be a new accessory I'll be listing shortly on my store (I'll have a standard size designed to fit the infamous small SCS size grinder, but as you can see, I can adjust to fit any size grinder!)
The funnels are so sweet and useful. And talk about durable! Way better than my folded index card :lol:

These work great for many things. I grind up herb and dump it onto the funnel then slide the fine herb into a black storage jar.

I use the small one for loading extra small overnight travel jars and for loading my volcano chamber.

Plus the best part, I can stack them and they kind of look like a plane :brow: yep, I'm high :rofl::smug:
C55170AE-FE3F-4886-A545-ABF9B9A92DB1_zps8ocowqlz.jpg

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Lol @BoogerMan

Kinda cool to think how those all scoops came from the same 3d model. All I did was adjust 3 variables: Radius, 90-degree dimension, and height. Then recompile the model and print.

I've got a few different general vape accessories coming out over the next few weeks, really excited to share them. Here's one project I've been working on with the crew over on the E-Nano thread:

vpg5FAd.jpg

A 3D printed steel "Scoop N Stir" tool. (Left 2 were my first drafts, the one on the right is my latest version). All 3 are 3D printed from Shapeways in a steel powder which is then fired in a kiln.

The first was 3D printed in a matte gold finish, it was a test to see which grinding mechanism worked best for ABV (one side is a millstone grinding pattern, the other is similar to grinder teeth). The middle one was my first attempt at a scoop (3d Printed in a bronze finish then lightly polished).

The 3rd one is 3D printed stainless steel. I made the scoop 25% smaller, and added the diamond teeth to the bottom. This is my favorite of the 3 tools so far. They are SOLID, and safe to use in the heat we're working with.

The scoop on the 3rd print works well, it holds around 0.8g 0.08g of herb (I'll get more accurate measurements of my final design). However, I wasn't satisfied with the rounded tip on the scoop, so I've modified the it slightly and ordered a new print.

I'll also be offering an alternative version of the scoop with a single poker on the back

Hopefully these parts will be available later this month, but it depends on shapeways and how fast they can print my next round of prototypes.

Thanks again for everyone's support, I'm blown away by the positive response I've received so far. I promise I'm working hard to keep up with your orders (while still finding time to invent new stuff!).

I know sometimes it takes me a few days longer to ship some orders, but I promise that's only because I refuse to ship a substandard product that doesn't meet my quality standards. As always, if you're curious to know when your order will ship, please don't hesitate to email me.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoogerMan

Lol @BoogerMan

Kinda cool to think how those all scoops came from the same 3d model. All I did was adjust 3 variables: Radius, 90-degree dimension, and height. Then recompile the model and print.

I've got a few different general vape accessories coming out over the next few weeks, really excited to share them. Here's one project I've been working on with the crew over on the E-Nano thread:

vpg5FAd.jpg

A 3D printed steel "Scoop N Stir" tool. (Left 2 were my first drafts, the one on the right is my latest version). All 3 are 3D printed from Shapeways in a steel powder which is then fired in a kiln.

The first was 3D printed in a matte gold finish, it was a test to see which grinding mechanism worked best for ABV (one side is a millstone grinding pattern, the other is similar to grinder teeth). The middle one was my first attempt at a scoop (3d Printed in a bronze finish then lightly polished).

The 3rd one is 3D printed stainless steel. I made the scoop 25% smaller, and added the diamond teeth to the bottom. This is my favorite of the 3 tools so far. They are SOLID, and safe to use in the heat we're working with.

The scoop on the 3rd print works well, it holds around 0.8g of herb (I'll get more accurate measurements of my final design). However, I wasn't satisfied with the rounded tip on the scoop, so I've modified the it slightly and ordered a new print.

I'll also be offering an alternative version of the scoop with a single poker on the back

Hopefully these parts will be available later this month, but it depends on shapeways and how fast they can print my next round of prototypes.

Thanks again for everyone's support, I'm blown away by the positive response I've received so far. I promise I'm working hard to keep up with your orders (while still finding time to invent new stuff!).

I know sometimes it takes me a few days longer to ship some orders, but I promise that's only because I refuse to ship a substandard product that doesn't meet my quality standards. As always, if you're curious to know when your order will ship, please don't hesitate to email me.
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

That 3rd Scoop N Stir is perfect! This will be the best vape tool out there! No more using dabbers, etc to stir and that scoop is going to make it so easy to load a small vape!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
That's either a typo, or you have a really big Bic lighter for scale. :lol:

:peace:
:rofl: yes! Too many Nano sessions before work this morning

I wouldn't be surprised if that scoop in the middle could handle at least 0.5 of finely ground herbs. While cool looking, it's way too big for vaporizer needs (so instead I'm using the millstone grinding side as a tamping tool lol).

mrgohamilton

Lol @BoogerMan

vpg5FAd.jpg

The scoop on the 3rd print works well, it holds around 0.8g 0.08g of herb (I'll get more accurate measurements of my final design). However, I wasn't satisfied with the rounded tip on the scoop, so I've modified the it slightly and ordered a new print.

These are great! awesome work, I cant wait until they're available!

OyVape

Hey Ratchett! How about a semi-flexible stem scraper, that can even get that good stuff from the inside of bent and curved glass? is that even possible, given your knowledge of materials? I'm thinking maybe thin titanium, like that springy stuff used on some rimless eyeglasses. Like maybe something you could sort of twirl around. I think you have another design like that on one of your mult-tools?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Nice @Sasquatch_Jr! Indeed I love the versatility of these SonG's. It seems like at least twice a month I get reports that one of my SonG's worked for something else. For example I was informed that my Pax2 WPA works for the Goboof Alfa vaporizer. No clue how, but apparently it does (still waiting on a pict of that setup!)

I love your new work on those scoops @Ratchett! I'm in a stir free zone with my Crafty, but undeniably you've got some great ideas =)
Lol, I got a notification from Shapeways yesterday that my 3D printed metal "Scoop-N-Stir" and my "Scoop-N-Poke" tools have been shipped, I should have them by Friday! (This is my 3rd set of prototypes)

Really excited to publish these tools. The price is a bit higher for 3D printed metal, but I think you guys will like them. I've been using my tiny scoops all week and they've been very handy (better than any other method I've been using to load my vapes).

Hopefully my new improved scoop design will work even better, we'll find out Friday

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
When are you going to start printing complete exotic log vapes?

Lol, actually my friend and I disassembled my first E-Nano so we could figure out how it worked and make our own vaporizer. Unfortunately I deemed the market too saturated to justify the costs/effort to get the project off the ground. Moreover my business partner who would turn the logs is literally my best friend. I didn't want to risk our friendship over a business.

Sadly for now, I'm not going to get into the vape manufacturing business (for now, if someone want's to hire me to design the vape, I'm down!)

However, a CNC mill is still on my wishlist. Hopefully with that purchase I'll have the capability to make some gorgeous vape stands out of exotic woods (@Snappo, I hope you can get larger blocks of exotic wood for me!) :evil:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Damn! A whole page and not one new product announcement, let's change that!

After several trials and errors, I'm pleased to introduce

The Grinder Funnel

This handy tool was a co-lab invention between @BoogerMan and I several weeks ago. He was looking for something a bit more reusable than a paper index card to transfer material from his grinders to containers.

All he wanted was a flexible 90-degree shape, of course that's not good enough for me! I had to over-engineer the design making use of an organic shape tool in my CAD software called "hull" to fill the space between a semi-circle and a 90-degree angle.

After a lot of tweaking to my print software, I managed to fool my printer into printing an extremely thin funnel (only 2 layers wide - about 800 microns thick!). The resulting print is extremely flexible (in the x and y axis).

As usual, this design is fully parametric and can be tweaked to fit any size desired. While this size will fit any size grinder with a diameter between 25mm and 65mm, (1 and 2.5 inch), it was designed to perfectly fit the popular small SCS grinder size.

Keep those ideas coming! I know I can't get to all of them right away (and in some cases, a lack of safe materials), but I love chatting about new ideas.

New 3D printed metal scoop & stirring tools arriving tomorrow, stay tuned for new pictures!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
YEAH! Go @Ratchett! :rockon:

I just had a little catch up on your thread & I must say that I'm loving what you've been working on.

Very nice indeed :cool:

I'm definitely down for some of those scoops - they really do look soooo handy and all diddy & cute at the same time :)

I'm already looking forward to seeing what you conjure up next! :science:

Peace bro!
:peace:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
My latest scoop prototypes came!

Here's a quick peak at the prototypes (in order of evolution)

EY8YIs0.jpg

CvCQDOG.jpg

The nickle and gold ones on the right are the most recent versions I have. But I've already modified the design and ordered several copies of the Scoop-N-Stir and the Scoop-N-Poke. Although as usual with Shapeways orders, there is a two week turnaround (... Just got an email that my latest versions passed the review stage and have been sent to the printing department. Next they'll be printed, prepped, and then fired in a kiln. Then post-processed and finally shipped)

The final Scoop-N-Stir will now have 3 teeth (designed to fit into an E-Nano stem, or anything larger). But If you need a special stir stick for your vape, please let me know and I can easily modify the design (and increase the number of teeth).

Also you can't see it, but the Scoop-N-Poke version has a hole on the side for a key-ring. I'm planning on adding a keyring to it and adding it to my keychain (it's steel, so it will definitely hold up to abuse!)

I will be listing the tools on my store soon. I have only a handful of each available for sale for those who want early access and are willing to provide some feedback.

I personally have been using the Scoop-N-Stir tool with my Nano and LSV. It works REALLY well, except ABV tends to get trapped between the teeth (easy solution - simply spin the tool while removing - ABV falls right off), I'm hoping removing one tooth will help eliminate that issue

The scoop side is great, I can precisely scoop 0.05g of herb (literally 3-4 flakes) out of my grinder, or I can scoop around 0.15g and dump it into my Nano's tiny stem. This works better than my traditional vacuum method for loading herbs in my convection vape.

ctxgooner

gooner
My latest scoop prototypes came!

Here's a quick peak at the prototypes (in order of evolution)

EY8YIs0.jpg

CvCQDOG.jpg

The nickle and gold ones on the right are the most recent versions I have. But I've already modified the design and ordered several copies of the Scoop-N-Stir and the Scoop-N-Poke. Although as usual with Shapeways orders, there is a two week turnaround (... Just got an email that my latest versions passed the review stage and have been sent to the printing department. Next they'll be printed, prepped, and then fired in a kiln. Then post-processed and finally shipped)

The final Scoop-N-Stir will now have 3 teeth (designed to fit into an E-Nano stem, or anything larger). But If you need a special stir stick for your vape, please let me know and I can easily modify the design (and increase the number of teeth).

Also you can't see it, but the Scoop-N-Poke version has a hole on the side for a key-ring. I'm planning on adding a keyring to it and adding it to my keychain (it's steel, so it will definitely hold up to abuse!)

I will be listing the tools on my store soon. I have only a handful of each available for sale for those who want early access and are willing to provide some feedback.

I personally have been using the Scoop-N-Stir tool with my Nano and LSV. It works REALLY well, except ABV tends to get trapped between the teeth (easy solution - simply spin the tool while removing - ABV falls right off), I'm hoping removing one tooth will help eliminate that issue

The scoop side is great, I can precisely scoop 0.05g of herb (literally 3-4 flakes) out of my grinder, or I can scoop around 0.15g and dump it into my Nano's tiny stem. This works better than my traditional vacuum method for loading herbs in my convection vape.
I need one of these :nod:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Afternoon all!

Just a heads up, it's been brought to my attention that First-Class shipping is not showing up for international customers. I've been in contact with my store service provider and they are aware of this issue. It seems to be a software bug, they are working with the developer to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, if you are an international customer and would like the cheapest shipping available, please send me a message with your email address and a list of what you want. I will send you a Paypal invoice.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next few days, I'll post an update when available.

caphector

So I received my scoop and 14/18 SonG adapter yesterday.

I got the golden scoop with the pointy end; it's a great little tool as-is but I now want one of the ones with paddles on the end (provided it fits in my UD stem).

The totally-not-knurling on the shaft of the scoop makes it easy to hold and is comfortable on my fingertips. Scooping herb from a grinder and tipping it into the stem is much nicer than other loading methods I've used to do date. The stirrer works fine, but I think the paddles will be better. The metal feels firm and solid - not sure I'd use it for liquid concentrates, but dry concentrates and oils work pretty well.

I don't think I'll be using my old loading method (vacuum method) anymore, as the scoop is much nicer to use.

Mainoffender

The 2 adaptors for My Haze arrived safe and sound last night Ratchett. Fits perfectly and what a difference hitting the Haze with the D020 bubbler makes vs. the Haze alone. The whip I ordered hasn't arrived yet but it should be a nice setup paired with your adaptor and the Haze. Thanks for everything and as promised pic to follow once the whip arrives.

Top Bottom