Custom 3D printed Widgets - Delta 3D Studios

John Lewus

Would one of these adapters fit into your Lotus hydratube stand? You should buy some of these at wholesale and include them with your stand purchase. I am thinking of buying a lot of 5 just to have.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/glass...mm-male-and/234865969.html#s2-31-1|2579071682

BTW what kind of material is used with the petal stand? Is the finish smooth? The 3d prints I have seen so far have not quite felt like a finished product.

John Lewus,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Took advantage of the 420 sale and bought 18mm/14mm reducer. First time customer. Thanks

:rockon:

Saw the request for a sticker, don't have anything right now, but since you mentioned it, I guess it's time to print up a bunch of stickers! My work did purchase a new $9k vinyl printer last week, and I have complete unfettered access to the machine, so why the hell not lol

Anyone have any preferences on sticker sizes? Better yet, anyone wanna take a crack at designing me a sweet sticker with my teardrop logo? (I can supply EPS files for the logo). (@farscaper or someone else lol)

I've got those reducers cast and ready to ship, I'll get your package out Monday @bellas

John Lewus

For those that have the Hydratube adapter for the Herbalizer is it a pretty solid fit? Right now I use a magic flight glass reducer with some loctite fun tak to hold it to the top of plastic piece that connects to the magnetic bowl. However, there is a little give left to right that concerns me when I just leave my Hydratube on top of my Herbalizer with that adapter. I really like having the glass adapter but Ratchet's design seems like a better fit. I am concerned about a few things.

1. How snug is the fit to the plastic top of the magnetic bowl?
2. How snug is the fit to a Hydratube?
3. When pulling the Hydratube off to clear does the adapter "stick" to it? That silicone glossy finish looks a bit sticky.
4. How easy is it to remove from the plastic magnetic bowl because I like to go back and forth between whip, balloon, and hydratube depending on my mood in that instant?
5. How comfortable would you be letting this sit on top of your herbalizer with a Hydratube just sitting there?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
You might get some more answers over on the Herbalizer thread, I know I've sold quite a few of those over the past few months.

The silicone does have a gloss finish, this is intentional to give it a better adhesion to the glass (both ground glass and flame polished fittings). The silicone sleeve completely fits over the Herbalizer magnetic bowl's top section (fitting over the black rubber on the magnetic bowl).

I haven't heard any negative feedback on the fit, but if there is any, I'd love to hear it so I can further improve the product!

Note, the silicone is very pliable. You may not feel comfortable letting your HT sit on my SonG with the Herbalizer (it might fall over!). I've been told (and I tend to agree) - using my SonG's is like handling an oldschool joystick. You can really bend and tilt the adapter before breaking the air-tight 'seal'.

Here's a video clip @ShayWhiteGrow using one of the first adapters I ever cast with the mold.

Last edited by a moderator:

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
@John Lewus Here's my take. Because it is flexible, it is really easy to put the SonG on and take off of the Herbalizer bowl. I am nervous about leaving water above my Herbalizer, so I leave my hydratubes on in between hits, but I take them off when done. I find the seal between the SonG and glass just right. Seals well, but doesn't pull the bowl off the Herbie when you lift up your glass. My:2c:.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I saw this and I thought of you @Ratchett ... If you could pull something like this off for the Pax 2, I would definitely be in. I bet that you would have a lot of other takers too.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:347111

Great idea! Easily done, although I would need access to a Pax2 to take measurements for that side of the funnel.

Maybe someday soon I'll have a Pax2 to make a bunch of accessories. I am about to release 2 accessories for the Pax2 (if they work), more details coming soon. :ninja:

rosedale

Great idea! Easily done, although I would need access to a Pax2 to take measurements for that side of the funnel.

Maybe someday soon I'll have a Pax2 to make a bunch of accessories. I am about to release 2 accessories for the Pax2 (if they work), more details coming soon. :ninja:

Any hints?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Any hints?
fEujQuh.jpg

;)

YetAnotherUsername

Youngster vaporist
This is what I mean by "pretty much universal". This is the 14mm adapter in 18mm D020-D with a random piece of glass. While a glass adapter would not fit, this one can. It also works in an e-cig bubbler I got, and of course 14mm pinnacle water tool. It's pretty great to use silicone instead of glass in this case. Perfect.

154fzhP.jpg

subway13029

I have the nuSonG and it has taken my esv to another level with water. It creates such a tight fit that it makes the draw so much easier to maintain and it creates clouds.. I have always had good luck with my esv but I considered it a heavy medicater but not a cloud machine..but now..its both..thanks ratchett

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I have the nuSonG and it has taken my esv to another level with water. It creates such a tight fit that it makes the draw so much easier to maintain and it creates clouds.. I have always had good luck with my esv but I considered it a heavy medicater but not a cloud machine..but now..its both..thanks ratchett
:rockon:

That's awesome! I really want an ESV, can't wait to try one out!

b0

Cloudy...

I was just waiting a review like this, you gonna have an order soon @Ratchett !!

Sasquatch_Jr

14mm Crafty SonG arrived today. So much nicer than the whip setup I was using before. If you're using a whip with your S&B portable treat yourself to a @Ratchett SonG, you won't regret it!

Quick question for @Ratchett, how resilient are these? It fits my W9 KISS cart like a glove which is not too surprising given that the tip is almost the same size and shape as the Crafty mouthpiece and I notice no more stretching of the material than with a Crafty hooked up.
owQuODQ.jpg

I also shoved a Solo stem in there. While it fits, the SonG stretches a bit as the glass is similar diameter to the Crafty mouthpiece but round instead of an oval. Will this ruin the SonG over time either by tearing it or permanently stretching it so it no longer fits on a Crafty?
IjD2dgp.jpg

That would be sweet if this could do double duty as a Solo adapter (well triple duty I suppose given how well it fits a KISS cart!). If there is little no risk of damage I might head down to my LHS and see about picking up an Air stem. It's pretty awkward to hold on the straight stem and the bent is better but still not great. I bet one of those short stems would be quite usable.

[EDIT]
Actually I bet one of these tipped tubes would be perfect: http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-air-parts-accessories/95-air-glass-aroma-tubes.html

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Quick question for @Ratchett, how resilient are these? It fits my W9 KISS cart like a glove which is not too surprising given that the tip is almost the same size and shape as the Crafty mouthpiece and I notice no more stretching of the material than with a Crafty hooked up.
owQuODQ.jpg

I also shoved a Solo stem in there. While it fits, the SonG stretches a bit as the glass is similar diameter to the Crafty mouthpiece but round instead of an oval. Will this ruin the SonG over time either by tearing it or permanently stretching it so it no longer fits on a Crafty?
IjD2dgp.jpg

That would be sweet if this could do double duty as a Solo adapter (well triple duty I suppose given how well it fits a KISS cart!). If there is little no risk of damage I might head down to my LHS and see about picking up an Air stem. It's pretty awkward to hold on the straight stem and the bent is better but still not great. I bet one of those short stems would be quite usable.

I'm glad you're liking my silicone adapters!

These adapters are extremely pliable, and I have found them to work great for many different vaporizers. You discovered a secret that other's have mentioned - my Crafty SonG adapters work for the Arizer Solo and Air without any problem!

Aside from rambunctious puppies (@virtualpurple :rolleyes:), these adapters are extremely resilient. They can stretch to fit a variety of shapes and sizes. As far as I've found, they will bounce back into their original shape even if deformed for extended periods of time

---------

In other news, Happy 420 all! Your orders have kept me EXTREMELY busy, I've been running to keep up as fast as my poor printer can print (and I'm still casting plenty of silicone every day to keep up with the demand).

In fact the silicone adapters are such a success, I hired a Chemist to work with me on revising my silicone casting processes to increase finished product quality, reduce waste, and decrease curing times. We're looking into a variety of food & medical grade silicone products to find something even better than what I'm currently using. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated once we've made progress. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to PM me, we're exploring every option right now

The Haze Can Cases are coming soon, waiting for feedback from early adopters before I publish them on my store.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasquatch_Jr

I'm glad you're liking my silicone adapters!

These adapters are extremely pliable, and I have found them to work great for many different vaporizers. You discovered a secret that other's have mentioned - my Crafty SonG adapters work for the Arizer Solo and Air without any problem!

Aside from rambunctious puppies (@virtualpurple :rolleyes:), these adapters are extremely resilient. They can stretch to fit a variety of shapes and sizes. As far as I've found, they will bounce back into their original shape even if deformed for extended periods of time

I'd say it fits a tipped air/solo stem even better than it fits the crafty. You should seriously start labeling it as compatible with this stem.

l7sEn4n.jpg

Just got off work and packed both the Crafty and the Solo to compare. Both hit far better on a DHGate PNWT than with silicon whips. I had no idea the Solo could hit that hard and the Crafty was giving me bong rip like clouds. I'll give it a go later with a KISS cart but I'm certain it will perform well there too.

Kudos to @Ratchett for making these. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this thread given his above announcement about new materials. Can't wait to see what other clever multi-use 3D printed tools he comes up with.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Not yet (Don't have any "food safe" plastics) - but there are some coming on the market soon for low temps. What were you thinking?

I do know that my Universal waterpipe adapter does fit over most standard 510 tip

virtualpurple

@Ratchett I'm still loving both my Nu-songs and the 18mm-14mm reducers that I have, I think everyone should have a pair.

I have a question for you though, are you able to create angled adapters?

I recently made an order from a glass shop for an 18mm vaporizer adapter so that I could improve my Herbalizer setup with SSV tubing for use with my bubbler. The adapter looks similar to thisl

photo-266.jpg

However, I am finding that the 18mm glass is too loose for my setup and I am losing alot of vapor that is simply leaking out where the glass should drop into my D020.

I have sent an email to the company that made the piece for me, and I am sure that they will help me come up with an appropriate solution. But do you think you're able to make something like this that would incorporate the design you've made for the nu-song?

Thanks for your time,

VP

Top Bottom