• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Curing, But Not Cannabis

Katnip

:shrug:I have been in the process of an experiment for about a week now. The experiment is to find out if using the same process for curing cannabis (drying slowly, jarring when not crispy, etc) could be used for my lavender buds to improve their potency or flavor or.... something? idk?

So it's been a couple of days. Since those things are so tiny, I stuck some fresh picked lavender buds in a little springclip jar from Michaels, and I left the lid open so they could dry, but it had a smaller mouth so they dried slow. Every night I closed it and before work every day I opened it again.

This gave for an interesting experience so far. The first couple of days I opened the jar, I smelled lavender mixed with green plant smell. Then it was only green plant smell. But now, I open the jar, it smells like lavender again. :shrug: Due mostly from my anxiety I'll be inspecting them for any sign of mold before I actually vape them, but I'll let everybody know how it does. Lavender is a rockstar in my book... but everybody's different. I know I'm hella different cuz it's not weed but lavender which does this: :freak: to me. lol

C No Ego

:shrug:I have been in the process of an experiment for about a week now. The experiment is to find out if using the same process for curing cannabis (drying slowly, jarring when not crispy, etc) could be used for my lavender buds to improve their potency or flavor or.... something? idk?

So it's been a couple of days. Since those things are so tiny, I stuck some fresh picked lavender buds in a little springclip jar from Michaels, and I left the lid open so they could dry, but it had a smaller mouth so they dried slow. Every night I closed it and before work every day I opened it again.

This gave for an interesting experience so far. The first couple of days I opened the jar, I smelled lavender mixed with green plant smell. Then it was only green plant smell. But now, I open the jar, it smells like lavender again. :shrug: Due mostly from my anxiety I'll be inspecting them for any sign of mold before I actually vape them, but I'll let everybody know how it does. Lavender is a rockstar in my book... but everybody's different. I know I'm hella different cuz it's not weed but lavender which does this: :freak: to me. lol
the main reason to cure cannabis is to ferment the sugars into alcohol... this brings out the aromas and makes it less harsh to vape/smoke etc... I'm not sure if the same process works on lavender or not... plus, when decarboxylating cannabis i have wondered if that process can work too for other herbs that could be converted with heat.... vaporizing those herbs would serve to do that

Katnip

Well, so far, the lavender in the experiment has gone through some changes. At first, it smelled like fresh lavender, then the scent dropped dramatically into this boring general plant scent. Now it smells like lavender again, but I'm concened about the buds having this brown blush of color on their lower halves. I really hope that it's not mold. It's not fuzzy, but it's definitely like somebody dipped them in some very weak coffee. Otherwise they seem to be normal. I have a control group drying as we speak.

C No Ego

Well, so far, the lavender in the experiment has gone through some changes. At first, it smelled like fresh lavender, then the scent dropped dramatically into this boring general plant scent. Now it smells like lavender again, but I'm concened about the buds having this brown blush of color on their lower halves. I really hope that it's not mold. It's not fuzzy, but it's definitely like somebody dipped them in some very weak coffee. Otherwise they seem to be normal. I have a control group drying as we speak.

an rh (relative humidity) meter ( hygrometer) allows you to know what humidity there is in the stored jar of material... it is one of the best ways to monitor rh in the sealed space... cannabis needs less rh than toabacco etc... not sure how high of an rh is needed for lavender though...

Katnip

yeah idk, @C No Ego I have a control group and the glass jar group... I made a bad choice in jars from Michaels-the rubber smells funny. Even after washing. So, I have a backup plan anyway. I found some nice blue glass jars online that will work perfectly and they're cheaaaaap. Experiment on freeze til I straighten it out.

Top Bottom