Crohn's & cannabis stories and "the talk"

MinnBobber

HI,
can anyone help with personal story/ info on how cannabis helped their Crohn's disease? Sister-in-law is visiting and she has mild Crohn's I'd say.
The talk is awkward but I 'd like to suggest Cannabis as an option.

Real brief histories would be helpful like--one lady had moderate Crohn's and she said MJ was much better than drugs, etc. A couple real life reports to share real life results. Or how side effects of RX got better/disappeared with cannabis, etc

And any suggestion on "the talk" with 70 year old female whose husband was a reserve cop??? I'm guessing that he is very anti ??

Last edited:

C No Ego

HI,
can anyone help with personal story/ info on how cannabis helped their Crohn's disease? Sister-in-law is visiting and she has mild Crohn's I'd say.
The talk is awkward but I 'd like to suggest Cannabis as an option.

Real brief histories would be helpful like--one lady had moderate Crohn's and she said MJ was much better than drugs, etc. A couple real life reports to share real life results. Or how side effects of RX got better/disappeared with cannabis, etc

And any suggestion on "the talk" with 70 year old female whose husband was a reserve cop??? I'm guessing that he is very anti ??

no personal experience but, thc-a ( acidic form/ carbon active raw cannabis) from any high thc strain cannabis works as CBD to help chrons... with thc-a it's raw cannabis... thc-a triggers cb (cannabinoid) receptors that cbd triggers for similar effects.. if there is any issue of psychoactivity when using thc-a then whole black peppercorn can be used to alleviate anxiety from any thc that's been converted ( decarboxylated) possibly on the plant while it grew to maturity...

Leaf- live free or die, the video on you tube about Chron's disease= a few plant leaves a day!

C No Ego

another method mentioned was a glass globe type vaporizer. vape herb through it and let the vapor settle inside the globe until it's gone and sticking on the inside of the globe. clean it out with a rubber spatula to ingest the oil... for chron's ingesting seems best for longer effects that are directed to where the cannabinoids are needed most

DrewVape

Weed grown in living organic soil will help. Hydroponic weed will not help.

This is my personal experience. Organic weed all but cured it. But a year on the retail dispensary weed and the symptoms are back and I don't like eating anymore.

I won't stop shouting this: Hydroponic weed is NOT MEDICINAL. If the supplier grows in inert coco fiber with plastic bottles decorated in stoner tomatoes and rasta bananas, PASS.

C No Ego

Weed grown in living organic soil will help. Hydroponic weed will not help.

This is my personal experience. Organic weed all but cured it. But a year on the retail dispensary weed and the symptoms are back and I don't like eating anymore.

I won't stop shouting this: Hydroponic weed is NOT MEDICINAL. If the supplier grows in inert coco fiber with plastic bottles decorated in stoner tomatoes and rasta bananas, PASS.

Dirt brings out the terpenes too... the mica in the soil soaks into the roots and they turn into terpenes...

damm

My own experience started with smoking a J and then moving up to smoking out of a pipe and then so forth. RSO oil has been helpful but it doesn't have the same effects for me that others seem to have (they say it's a lifesaver)

I do have some issues with my stomach where the vaping helps. Whole Plant extract Concentrates work the best I have to say; or at least give me some CBG in the mix. Just a little expensive

I need to turn to cooking; my other half wasn't willing until post-surgery... now the pain is enough lately that the Stephen Hawkings Hash oil has been popular.

damm,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
no personal experience but, thc-a ( acidic form/ carbon active raw cannabis) from any high thc strain cannabis works as CBD to help chrons... with thc-a it's raw cannabis... thc-a triggers cb (cannabinoid) receptors that cbd triggers for similar effects.. if there is any issue of psychoactivity when using thc-a then whole black peppercorn can be used to alleviate anxiety from any thc that's been converted ( decarboxylated) possibly on the plant while it grew to maturity...

Leaf- live free or die, the video on you tube about Chron's disease= a few plant leaves a day!

the terpene found in the black peppercorn, cloves, and others is 'beta caryllophene', which ALSO helps switch off the CB (brain farting, was it CB-1 or CB-2?) receptors in the intestinal lining to turn off the inflammation.

CBD can also help, but I'd be real curious if it was CBD, CBDa and which was involved in the anandamide reuptake inhibition. does THC-a also have some anxiety involvement? CBD should help mitigate that.

looney2nz,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

the terpene found in the black peppercorn, cloves, and others is 'beta caryllophene', which ALSO helps switch off the CB (brain farting, was it CB-1 or CB-2?) receptors in the intestinal lining to turn off the inflammation.

CBD can also help, but I'd be real curious if it was CBD, CBDa and which was involved in the anandamide reuptake inhibition. does THC-a also have some anxiety involvement? CBD should help mitigate that.
I've seen reports showing the caryophyllene working as an inverse agonist for cb-1 but not like cbd would work through cb-2...

thc-a can be psychoactive if it converts to thc before the person uses it or if the thc-a formula is not exact... that could cause anxiety

Top Bottom