1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Counterfeit Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Counterfeit Vaporizers' started by Vaperist, May 24, 2016.

1. Vaperist

Vaperist Well-Known Member

have to be very careful when buying on eBay. Chinese have already made a Hopper's replica. some say it works as fine as an original. but no warranty, of course. you can buy those replicas on Alibaba. like this: [link removed]

Modnote: Do not post links to counterfeit items.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
    Mr. Gweilo 420 and priestsmiler like this.
  2. Han So-high

Han So-high Member

Hectic...we're still waiting for our pre-orders and there's already chinese knock offs available.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
    Gregori, Vaperist and priestsmiler like this.
  3. McQuack

McQuack Well-Known Member

Could you please post some links to these knockoff reviews? I couldn't find anything online. Or just links to posts/threads where people wrote about these replicas. Thanks

priestsmiler likes this.
  4. Vaperist

this was discussed in Twitch vaperist gathering. i was there to tell that it is insane to buy a Chinese shit. i remember some guy answering that he doesn't care about warranty, because he got 10 hoppers from Alibaba. and if one of them brakes then there are 9 Hoppers sitting in da line to replace it. that quote that 'it works as fine as original' is opinion. cause he doesn't have an original to compare. but he told that Chinese replica seems to be doing same bad ass clouds as real Hopper in videos.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    IAmKrazy2 and priestsmiler like this.
  5. Ratchett

Ratchett Vape Accessories Delta3DStudios.com Accessory Maker

Sounds to me like the guy doesn't know the difference between combustion and vaporization.

Gregori likes this.
  6. Vaperist

he said that ChinaHopper is vaping like a champ. no reason not to believe. as a guy is having a collection of more than 20 vapes.

i'm not surprised at all. Chinese have all hi-tech mass production machines they need. and a lots of experience in backengineering many kind of popular products. while HopperLabs are building up their machinery, Chinese are doing their copy/paste thing in full power.

so, yeah. can't be sure what you are buying on eBay these days.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    priestsmiler likes this.
  7. YaFreekin Right

YaFreekin Right Well-Known Member

I want to believe but I can't.

If Chinese copycats were able to produce GH before HL I'm not sure why we wouldn't see more of them. There is huge pent up demand for this product, so certainly they would be pushing as many as they could to market.

Gregori, Ratchett, Vaperist and 2 others like this.
  8. EdE80

EdE80 Well-Known Member

I wonder if they actually copied the GH 3D heater, or if they just threw in some run of the mill heater and it takes forever to heat and or combust....

Gregori, Ratchett and Dezroy like this.
  9. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

I have yet to see a Chinese knockoff that wasn't using different or inferior materials and designs.

Gregori, Ratchett and Melting Pot like this.
  10. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

There is always a Chinese knockoff. It doesn't take them long either. All they need is one grasshopper to be able to make a replica. Beware buying off of eBay when it comes to a vaporizer.

It could have a dangerous battery included. I wouldnt want an inferior battery that close to my face. I wouldnt want to lose my eye sight or be disfigured at the very least.

It just blows me away when folks act like buying a cheapo battery is no big deal.

Edit
    A person could pay $300 for something and it only last a short time. You are out the money. I'm not sure what kind of guarantees there are with the knock offs?

You want to buy something and know you have a good warranty. Also you want something that will last you a long time.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Melting Pot likes this.
  11. sChris

sChris Account Closed

They certainly don't hang around when it comes to a product which ia in high demand!

12. Vaperist

ha... ChinaHoppers from Alibaba are gone, if you search now. :clap: great!!! could it be because of a noise in this forum? i hope that somebody's attention got noticed.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Vapoholic420 likes this.
  13. DarkSm0ke

DarkSm0ke Well-Known Member

I work for a company that manufactures motorcycle parts her and overseas (China, Korea).
    I would be surprised if the reverse engineered the GH that fast.

I am guessing that someone went to the factory or factories that are making the parts and purchased either over runs, seconds, or even the good parts out the back door, and then assembled them with whatever other parts (batteries, buttons, etc) they can get from other sources. Unless they get the microchip or circuit boards that have the OS burned into already, then these guys won't work even close to the original. The algorithms for temp control, etc will be on those chips or PCB. If they are off Alibaba it is most likely that the supplier ran out of parts that he got from the factory/factories, or he has enough demand in China to not even have to post them on Alibaba for us folk in the West. Could be as simple as GH seeing them on Alibaba or Ebay and tightened up security at the factory.

Most of the factories there, unless OWNED and OPERATED by a large corporation are simply open sources for manufacturing. We have products made in factories that make parts for other companies not associated with our company. Sometimes we will see a competitor selling our product and find out he paid the factory we use to make parts for him. Only 4 people in our company know exactly which factories make each part and who is the contact. We have people over there that manage this for us. I have even been offered a large chuck of cash to divulge what factories make our front ends from a distributor that buys from us, but wanted to cut us out and manufacture direct. It's crazy.

MonsterWithoutBorders likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors