Counteracting High THC, Low CBD Strains

tokey123

UK vapers may have seen a show last night on Channel 4 discussing the effects and differences between Skunk (a blanket term in the UK for high thc, low cbd weed) and Hash. My own experience also points towards weed mostly available in the UK (at least in London) having little CBD in it and therefore not being able to counteract the effects of high THC, which can lead to a less than stellar high.

I wish I could have a say in which strains I could buy, but sadly that is not option for most of us who live in the UK without very good connections. Which leads me to a few questions:

1. So I was thinking that in order to counteract the high thc couldn't you just buy cbd eliquid, which is legally available in the UK, and vape that in an e-cig during your weed vaping session? Or doesn't it work quite like that?

2. How about only vaping at higher temperatures, say 5 and higher on the Arizer Solo?

3. Is there anyway to get an idea of the CBD content just by looking at the weed?

Last edited:
tokey123,
Reactions: snamuh

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
UK vapers may have seen a show last night on Channel 4 discussing the effects and differences between Skunk (a blanket term in the UK for high thc, low cbd weed) and Hash. My own experience also points towards weed mostly available in the UK (at least in London) having little CBD in it and therefore not being able to counteract the effects of high THC, which can lead to a less than stellar high.

I wish I could have a say in which strains I could buy, but sadly that is not option for most of us who live in the UK without very good connections. Which leads me to a few questions:

1. So I was thinking that in order to counteract the high thc couldn't you just buy cbd eliquid, which is legally available in the UK, and vape that in an e-cig during your weed vaping session? Or doesn't it work quite like that?

2. How about only vaping at higher temperatures, say 5 and higher on the Arizer Solo?

3. Is there anyway to get an idea of the CBD content just by looking at the weed?
I'm sorry, but without access to legitimate analytical testing labs, there is no way to know hour much, if any, CBD is in your weed. On general, you are unlikely to find high CBD in any black market cannabis pretty much anywhere in the world.

I'm a medical marijuana user in Washington state, and even I have to go to special dispensaries that do have a selection of high CBD flowers and products. Many places have none or few options. And I don't think any of the legal recreational stores carry it, but they met have a small amount in back.....

C No Ego

all weed looks the same except for the trich production. vaping at a higher temp will release the higher temp compounds like cbd but also release the thc in the slip stream. IMO, you will get the most balanced effect from the cannabis with a higher temp to help keep the (strain dependent) balance of thc/cbd but then again it depends on the strain. if you want to experience a ""high"" cbd effect make edibles with your ABV, it is mostly cbd only because the low temp thc was extracted during the vape sessions leaving the high heat compounds(cbd) still in the plant structure. not all of the thc is vaped out of the plant so there will still be some thc compounds lodged in the ABV.

Top Bottom