Coughing up Phlem/Mucus

dave123

Been coughing up Phlem, big chunks of yellow, green stuff

Is this caused by vaping?

Ive stopped vaping for a few days and its still there in the mornings, but seems to be clearing up slightly.

Any advice?

dave123,
Reactions: shredder

Squiby

It's sounds like you have some chest congestion going on. Vaping while sick will make it worse in my opinion and will irritate your sensitive lungs further. Drink lots of hot strong black tea which will act as an expectorant to help you expel or cough out the phlem. Gargle with warm salt water to help kill the infection. If it's a viral infection you'll just have to wait for it to run its course. If it's bacterial, your Dr will prescribe a course of antibiotics.

In the mean time, abstain from vaping and get lots of rest.

Baron23

Phlem, big chunks of yellow, green stuff

Ah, now that's a visual that will stay with me for a while.

Definitely a respiratory infection and @Squiby is very right...both bacterial and viral chest infections will generate unspeakable expectorate. There has been, around where I live at least in MD, a terrible viral respiratory infection that just hangs in there with 3 and even 4 weeks of coughing. Had it in Feb and spent the entire time watching the Olympics from a couch in sweats! Saw it all (mostly because I was so sick I just didn't want to move from there LOL).

I absolutely could NOT vape.....it was awful. But I do live in a newly legal med state so I did get some infused elixir and even made some killer tea out of stems I had been collecting. But vaping....oh, hell no.

Hope you feel better soon.

MegaMan2k

'sorry for very nasty image

I took a 48 hour break after dabbing around 1 gram of rosin a day for the last couple of months and my body expelled this huge alien looking thing after i finally took a small rip today.
Had some pain around the lung as well, so i went to the doctor and they now sent me to get x-rays of my lungs tomorrow morning.

is this cause for panic? how much panic?

after i poked it around with a q-tip, it was all black underneath
87K1we.jpg

MegaMan2k,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

I took a 48 hour break after dabbing around 1 gram of rosin a day for the last couple of months and my body expelled this huge alien looking thing after i finally took a small rip today.
Had some pain around the lung as well, so i went to the doctor and they now sent me to get x-rays of my lungs tomorrow morning.

87K1we.jpg
I used to cough up this shit when i smoke an 8th of flower a day. Basically tar and resin in my lungs my body is trying to get rid of. Since your dabbing rosin, this is the black nasty shit on your q tips that is basically coating your lungs. Im no doctor tho. This was one of the reason i went to combustion free. Now, i cough up clear or white shit instead of this brown and black shit.

MegaMan2k

Damn i tought dabbing on quartz counted as vaping, still too high temp maybe.. i used a dc glass banger with 20sec heat up and 20sec cooldown.

Been vaping a little herb instead of dabbing today...

MegaMan2k,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's good that your body is coughing it up, that's all stuff you want to expel. Rosin is a full spectrum plant medicine which makes it different from most extracts on the market. I would be more worried of some of these solvent extractions which may cause the condensed vapor to they stay lodged in the body. Some dabbers who had endoscopy's performed found reclaim with residual solvent in their body.

To quote organic chemist Jim Freire
"a Non-polar extract does not remove all the terpenoids or flavinoids present in the plant and it's natural concentrates. Among these are Quercetin, kaempherol, guaiazulene and it's isomers. All of these act as potent anti-histamine/expectorants present in natural cannabis and mechanical hash. In particular are the azulenes which can stop anaphalaxis due to histamine with incredible speed. For years hydrated polar terpene was known as terpin hydrate an expectorant /cough suppressant similar to guaifenesin.This is an established effect of some terpenes that they act as expectorants ( Vicks is one example) Note some terpenes , not all.

Non polar extracts do not remove many of these compounds, in particular the azulenes which are the most potent in action. Thus much of the properties of natural plant products are not extracted and the more polar expectorant /antihistaminic action does not occur.

attachment.php

Here is a polar extraction of the azulene fraction which is not soluble in butane that has amazingly potent anti-histamine qualities of which I speak with first hand knowledge."

invertedisdead,
Reactions: looney2nz

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Damn i tought dabbing on quartz counted as vaping, still too high temp maybe.. i used a dc glass banger with 20sec heat up and 20sec cooldown.

Been vaping a little herb instead of dabbing today...

Can you Q tip your nail clean after that dab or does a bunch of gunk burn on to the bottom with that torch timing?

invertedisdead,

MegaMan2k

Can you Q tip your nail clean after that dab or does a bunch of gunk burn on to the bottom with that torch timing?
Its cleanable with a qtip, but sometimes when i had just refilled my torch it would be hotter than expected and not clean that easy, but would still clean.

I guess ive been hitting Too many Too hot dabs :s

MegaMan2k,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Its cleanable with a qtip, but sometimes when i had just refilled my torch it would be hotter than expected and not clean that easy, but would still clean.

I guess ive been hitting Too many Too hot dabs :s

That's just how quartz is when torching.

You could try an insert for uptemp drops or an enail coil if you wanted better temperature control.

Do you smoke flower?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: MegaMan2k

MegaMan2k

That's just how quartz is when torching.

You could try an insert for uptemp drops or an enail coil if you wanted better temperature control.

Do you smoke flower?

Yea and i was new to the quartz banger etc started dabbing "for real" around christmas last year, so it was also a learning curve.

no more hot rips thats for sure, rather go too low then too hot now :p

i quit all smoking a little over 2 years ago, and then i vaped herb until i started dabbing ;

I hadnt been vaping any herb for those 5 months i have been dabbing so it was my first herb-vape lastnight in a long long time.

this whole situation did scare me so i backed off from dabbing until i get the anwser from the X-ray of my lungs, which should be today or tomorrow latest.

I made some coconut oil I can eat that for awhile and vape less, i hope

Rosin does however seem to be more smooth smoking experience for me compared to whole buds, so im considering if i should look into some new way of consuming oils on my volcano or if i should just make an higher effort to get colder rips from the quartz at all times..

MegaMan2k,

biohacker

Rosin does however seem to be more smooth smoking experience for me compared to whole buds

Same here bro, but if you're dabbing a gram of rosin daily, that's equivalent to like A LOT of flower! I personally use a factor of 4, so to me that would be equivalent of about 4 grams of weed/day, which would be twice my average (when I was using flower). Now i'm at about .5g/day of rosin and striving for less, and have absolutely zero issues compared to my flower days.

Is it possible that the shit in your lungs is tar still from your combustion days?

biohacker,

MegaMan2k

Same here bro, but if you're dabbing a gram of rosin daily, that's equivalent to like A LOT of flower! I personally use a factor of 4, so to me that would be equivalent of about 4 grams of weed/day, which would be twice my average (when I was using flower). Now i'm at about .5g/day of rosin and striving for less, and have absolutely zero issues compared to my flower days.

Is it possible that the shit in your lungs is tar still from your combustion days?

yea i think its because i just got the 10 ton press and discovered the quality quartz bangers at the same time so i was very hyped because it was all new to me,
learning how to dosage properly may be a part of the learning curve to dabbing in general :D..

I wondered the same thing if it was from back when i used to mix weed with tobacco and burn it in spliffs?, I dont know how that system works or how fast or slow it works, but 3 years have passed since i quit that habit, so maybe it can still be in there?

have some friends that burn spliffs with tobacco they still think its healthier compared to dabs, since dabs will make u cough sometimes, or if u get that hot hit.

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

yea i think its because i just got the 10 ton press and discovered the quality quartz bangers at the same time so i was very hyped because it was all new to me,
learning how to dosage properly may be a part of the learning curve to dabbing in general :D..

I know the newer opaque bottomed quartz bangers are quite popular now, but have you considered spending come cash on a D-nail SiC Halo? I've used regular quartz and disliked it so much I wouldn't use it, but now with the SiC halo, I don't even think about flowers anymore.... and i'm using rosin exclusively pretty much, but obviously not at the temperatures that you are. High temp dabs are no bueno bro, at least not on the regular IMO.

I wondered the same thing if it was from back when i used to mix weed with tobacco and burn it in spliffs?, I dont know how that system works or how fast or slow it works, but 3 years have passed since i quit that habit, so maybe it can still be in there?

Just my guess, but I think it's a good possibility. It depends on how long you were smoking, and how much, but it can take a long time to cleanse. Perhaps the rosin dabbing is assisting in expectorating it out? :lol:

MegaMan2k

I know the newer opaque bottomed quartz bangers are quite popular now, but have you considered spending come cash on a D-nail SiC Halo? I've used regular quartz and disliked it so much I wouldn't use it, but now with the SiC halo, I don't even think about flowers anymore.... and i'm using rosin exclusively pretty much, but obviously not at the temperatures that you are. High temp dabs are no bueno bro, at least not on the regular IMO.

Just my guess, but I think it's a good possibility. It depends on how long you were smoking, and how much, but it can take a long time to cleanse. Perhaps the rosin dabbing is assisting in expectorating it out? :lol:
i ordered that sic setup but had to cancel it right after because there was going to be so much import taxes that i didnt want to bother with it.
however i heard so much good on the sic

i did smoke for a number of years before i turned to vape so its in the 1000s of joints per year for many years

MegaMan2k,

ginolicious

Damn man I haven’t seen shit like that since 2013. I use to get that all the time. I was ripping 1/2 oz weekly out of a bong. Low grade weed. And was smoking about 1 pack of cigarettes a day. I only associate that with actual combustion. Never had issues when I started vaping. Mind you. I never go over 200C unless it’s a shatter. Which a gram lasts me over 2 months.

biohacker

i ordered that sic setup but had to cancel it right after because there was going to be so much import taxes that i didnt want to bother with it.
however i heard so much good on the sic

Are you in Canada? Yeah I got nailed with taxes, but it's not so dab bad, and worth every single penny. Never been so satisfied before in 11 years of vaping exclusively!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What size is your DC banger? 25mm? if the SiC halo is out of your budget, Grab a 25mm Disorderly Conduction coil for your DC banger and hook it to a PID. Great dab experience.

invertedisdead,

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself

87K1we.jpg

Finally! The perfect wallpaper, but might cause flashbacks...

MegaMan2k

In which aspects does the hit differ quartz>sic halo?
Less harsh on the throat ?

its the " xxxl " Version, i think 25 mm is correct indeed.

I tried with a couldron style banger from dabinator to pair with my PID, but it might be better with the DC glass, for me the couldron sucked.

This came to my mind today;
going on a break from vaping/dabbing made my body start to expell "crap" from my lungs after around 24-48 hours. So maybe since i haven't taken a single break since i started vaping/quit combusting i havnt actually let my lungs/body purge out the combustion related left overs, what i really should have done was taken a prober break for a couple of days, to clean out my system back when i quit combustion before continuing on with vaping.

MegaMan2k,

biohacker

In which aspects does the hit differ quartz>sic halo?
Less harsh on the throat ?

Yeah man you can use lower temps due to higher conductivity of sic, it's so super smooth...i've been using it for a month straight exclusively and could never go back to flowers (or quartz).

going on a break from vaping/dabbing made my body start to expell "crap" from my lungs after around 24-48 hours.

For sure man, whenever I take a break after about 48 hours I start to hack and cough a bit, but it's always dry and never productive and is gone within a few days. If I were you i'd be considering a nice long break, but that's just me. Get your lungs healthy, and then enjoy low temp sic dabs!

biohacker,

MegaMan2k

So x-rays came back normal, nothing major should be going on.

think ur right about the much needed break, tho i was actually taking a little break when this "happend", and it kinda triggered some sort of illness, I have been sick to the stomach for the last couple of days, have been eating very little and experience some pain when i do eat

So i ofc started smoking after 48 hours because i was feeling like "real sick" and not just "t-break-sick"

But I bet that i stressed out my system in some way and that's what made me ill, i haven't been ill for well over a year prior to this

I have only experience with quartz so far, and i do cough a fair bit the way i use to hit it. especially if it's the first hit of the day or if i havnt toked for hours. Do you cough at all when you hit ur sic?

Last edited:
MegaMan2k,

biohacker

think ur right about the much needed break, tho i was actually taking a little break when this "happend", and it kinda triggered some sort of illness, I have been sick to the stomach for the last couple of days, have been eating very little and experience some pain when i do eat

So i ofc started smoking after 48 hours because i was feeling like "real sick" and not just "t-break-sick"

That sounds pretty similar to t-break sick bro.... stomach and lack of appetite get hit hard for me, but only for the first few days...I always drop about 5-10lbs every break, but it's mainly just a water loss. Try a week if you can, or look up Dr Sulak Resensitization Method.... you abstain for 48hrs, then just take one hit for each of the next few days, and then you do like 1/2 your normal sesh, and see what happens!

I have only experience with quartz so far, and i do cough a fair bit the way i use to hit it. especially if it's the first hit of the day or if i havnt toked for hours. Do you cough at all when you hit ur sic?

No man, not in comparison to quartz. I can't remember the last time I set the controller past 600f.... i'm typically in the mid to high 500's depending on the extract (rosin lower temps, shatter higher). I'm different though, my lungs are great for the initial hits. But if i'm chain vaping at lower temps, the sheer volume of vapour and make me cough a bit, but it's absolutely nothing compared to what I had to deal with flowers and flower vapes. So happy with the SiC!!! I can even feel a difference in my health by being flower free for over a month now.

So happy to hear that your x-ray was completely normal! Awesome news!

MegaMan2k

Yea I guess since its been 2 year+ since my last break that i may not remember how it feels :p
Tho i do remember the lack of appetite etc, there is this other feeling that i have never encountered before, the feeling of feeling totally ful from very little food and then followed by extreme pain from the belly as the "food lands"; I felt truly ill and have actually been waiting to get better before going back on the break. lol.

MegaMan2k,
Top Bottom