Cory Williamson Glass - Scammer?

Herr_Dampf

He made me a piece when he first popped up on here two years ago or so... and he took 3 months?..(goings months without communication) I finally got it and it was full of flaws for 300usd? (some black flakes, a internal chip, bubbles in the joints, is I also wanted colors and something more artistic and he just put skull and weed millis on it... such a joke...

every time I see this thread (his name) jump back to the top I get salty, support other blowers/

Yeah similar experience.
First piece I got was a pretty well made clear recycler, except for the mouthpiece that was kinda lazy allthough worked just fine. Orderd an incycler next and got a shoddy made piece with a too long drain, no foot nor balance. It functions ok but I can't even have it stand upright in my display case because it falls over when I open the door. When I asked what happend there all I got was "Thanks for the support" followed by nothing.

I share the feelings of salt and feel guilty for actually recommending him after after getting my first piece from him. Dude is just scum.

bassplayer

I own the domains "corywilliamsonglass" and "coryglassdesigns" (.com, .net, .org etc). Not that it's going to help anything but I'm going to point them to the same page that will tell the basic story and will link to this thread - might keep someone from losing a significant amount of money

weenstoned

Unfortunately I dunno how many glassblowers really have personal websites anymore, other than the odd one with bigcartel stores to sell their stuff. Plus a lot just link to them from their instagram. Just sayin' if you're spending a significant amount of money on domains I don't know how much good it will do. You'd be better off posting stuff on instagram and use whatever hashtags are most associated with his work (plus popular ones like #glassforsale and #headyglass).

weenstoned,

bassplayer

Unfortunately I dunno how many glassblowers really have personal websites anymore, other than the odd one with bigcartel stores to sell their stuff. Plus a lot just link to them from their instagram. Just sayin' if you're spending a significant amount of money on domains I don't know how much good it will do. You'd be better off posting stuff on instagram and use whatever hashtags are most associated with his work (plus popular ones like #glassforsale and #headyglass).
good idea, and done!

bassplayer,
Top Bottom