Cory Williamson Glass - Scammer?

bassplayer

I should have researched more, but I talked to Cory Williamson online to make me a custom fab egg. He gave me his price we agreed on colors and all and I sent him a full payment. Once he received payment he stopped communications. This was about 6 weeks ago, I haven't heard anything. I hope he's healthy and all and I hope I haven't been scammed - anyone here know anything about Cory Williamson?

UnidenWallet

I would just immieditely file a paypal dispute and get your money back ASAP

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/c...tion-and-affordable.13358/page-36#post-678566

BEWARE Cory Williamson AKA Cory Glass Designs (http://instagram.com/corywilliamson). His communication is among the very worst I've seen.I had to file two disputes with Paypal just to get him to respond to questions and issues. He wanted to send the piece after I withdrew the dispute. We came upon a compromise.

What I received later (in a padded envelope) was not what was ordered. The order was for a custom recycler, can fumed yellow, with implosion marbles on can and dome. The dome was completely missing, and I could see no fuming on the can. First I was told that the fuming was there, it was just not really visible. Later Cory responded to the dispute with the statement that he doesn't even do fuming (then why take the order and payment for it?). Then his story was back to the invisible fuming. I don't really know how to prove if fuming exists or not, but I assume when I ordered a yellow fumed can that the color would actually be... well...visible. Am I wrong here? It feels less like a misunderstanding and more of an honesty issue. But we all makes mistakes.

A month later Cory sent the dome, as well as a free dabber. I wish I could say things were cool. But.... the marble on the dome was a different color than on the main piece, I'm guessing because it was made weeks after the recycler was sent and he forgot the color he originally used. It's acceptable though. What is not acceptable is the thinness of the glass on the dome. I mean thin! It's narrow and sits veryclose to the nail. The dabber didn't look up to his other work, and the fun part is the dabber is so wide it won't work with the dome. I'll post a more detailed review on the dedicated thread for it, and try to get more into function with pics. I will say that in terms of function, the piece .was up to par and he nailed that part. The work deserves credit there for sure

It was a good learning lesson, about getting caught up in the hype. He does good function, but there are a lot of fish in the sea, and why mess with Cory when there's positive experiences with FCers coming from Doughboy (http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/doughboy-glass.15057/) and Distilled (http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/d...y-recyceler-at-a-very-reasonable-price.15007/), along with accessories by our own Joda (http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/joda-glassworks.13915/).

He really came off as nice at first, but once payment was made, it was a different story. It wasn't a fun experience, and has cooled me towards custom pieces. I'd rather go back to trolling blowers' IG pages, and find good work that's already made, so I at least know what I'm getting. Let the blower take the risk, I'm tired of it.

That said, I may have Doughboy make a custom. I have a good feeling because the blower has support on the business end and connections to FC, to keep the business machine going.

Special thanks to @Deja Vu for his post above. I did feel unsupported by some, so I appreciate where you're coming from. :)

There's a question posed in the thread title, "affordable and high function"? I'll give credit for the function, but affordable? I paid a good price for a sub-standard piece. And judging by his more recent work, I can guarantee you it's no longer affordable to most FCers. I see a lot of colorful fuming...

Cory, you blew this one. I'm not a huge spender, but between myself and acquaintances (not counting FC), there's a fair amount of money you won't be seeing now that people know about color choices that are ignored, poor communication, and custom pieces sent in padded envelopes with no insurance. I wish you well, and hope your new high-end stuff works out for you. But it's not for me, and I don't think it's for most FCers, nor my acquaintances, or folks at dispensaries who ask me for recommendations.

Likes2vape

Thanks for the heads up on Corey Williamson!! I was thinking of contacting him since he's close by but I'll pass!!

bassplayer

Thanks for the heads up on Corey Williamson!! I was thinking of contacting him since he's close by but I'll pass!!
I wouldn't - it's a shame because his work looks great, I've talked to someone who sells pieces for him and Cory owes him some work as well.

bassplayer

UPDATE: Well, Cory Williamson finally responded on September 21st saying "Hey, sorry it's taking so long. It's very close to being done. This week definitely". After that I didn't hear anything and have not received anything, and he hasn't responded to me at all.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

bassplayer

Yes, I contacted "slabdaddy814" and explained the situation. He said "yeah he's..... He owes me work too". I asked him to ask about my piece the next time he talked to Cory, which is probably when I got the reply from Cory, but nothing after that. I did ask Cory for either my piece or my money back, we'll see.

I don't want to make this more public but I feel that if I don't hear from him others should know so they don't make the mistake I did

At the very least I recommend if you want to get a Cory Glass Designs piece definitely get something that's already available through a reputable seller - do not order direct or custom from Cory.

Last edited:

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Cory is a piece of shit. Plain and simple. A scumbag of the highest order. His work looks pretty good, but he's a hack. More often than not there's something wrong with the piece. A cosmetic flaw, an issue with the joint, a lean, a wobble, something not done to custom request. He's garbage. There are literally hundreds of other glass artists out there that are leagues more reputable and pleasing to work with.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Cory is a piece of shit. Plain and simple. A scumbag of the highest order. His work looks pretty good, but he's a hack. More often than not there's something wrong with the piece. A cosmetic flaw, an issue with the joint, a lean, a wobble, something not done to custom request. He's garbage. There are literally hundreds of other glass artists out there that are leagues more reputable and pleasing to work with.

DS480 should know.
His collection is vast.

herbivore21

If I had a dollar for every glassblower I knew who ever did this kind of shit, I'd be a millionaire.

Generally speaking, I do not give funds to a glassblower until the work is done as a result. It is definitely advisable not to request custom work from any glassblower until you have spoken to a substantial number of people who have had custom work done by the same blower recently and gauged their experiences.

We have great artists who are also dedicated members here who have demonstrated much better service (even when facing complex medical challenges in some cases!) at a fraction of the price, and that is some epic sandblasted and heady glass to boot (to my bro @mvapes and also @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd - I'm lookin' at you guys!).

A lot of folks in our community have disabilities and serious illnesses and this has to be considered, but communication in the event of this kind of issue is still important as soon as practical and an explanation that delays were for good reason is always necessary so that everybody is satisfied that their time has been respected!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I guess. In all honesty, I don't imagine many here would be interested in his work anyway. This forum invests pretty heavily into the Chinese knockoffs.

Sure they would if he were honest and reliable and the prices were fair. I was looking at one of his pieces before I saw this thread. Chinese knock-offs and original glass art are 2 totally different things IMO. I buy the shit out of Chinese rigs myself but that doesn't mean I won't buy a $1k rig that I really love from a real artist. There are still some good deals to be had out there. I got a great custom rig from a guy named Johnny Landini and he was great with communication and progress pics. HE also helped me pick and change the colors several times along the way. Not to mention I got the rig for about 1/2 what it would auction for.

Also there are a few real artists that just happen to be Chinese, I bought a couple of rigs lately from a guy named Zhang in China and you would swear they were US glass.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I tried to warn everybody....

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/c...tion-and-affordable.13358/page-36#post-678566

Communication: crap. Took a PP complaint to even get a response.

Packaging: crap. Sticks worked pieces in padded envelopes, can't be bothered with boxes.

Attitude: diva

Production: crap. Paid for worked piece, got scientific piece. Told me the fuming was "invisible".. haha

In short, he blows.

Invisible fuming! nice. I have a fully worked Cory FTK here I can sell you if you enjoy his invisible fuming. I know it looks clear, but trust me it's fully worked and is a full colored piece. It's called "invisible ink over Purple lolipop"! I'm pretty sure it's fumed and has some reticello done throughout the can in the invisible ink as well. LOT's of time into it. haha
This piece was also hand etched! sand blasted with virgin moon dust. Unfortunately moon dust leaves such a light etching that it can only be seen in 0 gravity.

Either way this rig has it all! You just can't see it :shrug:

Recycler-Fab-Eggs-With-Double-Stereo-Percs-FAB-Glass-Hookahs_0.jpg

Last edited:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Invisible fuming! nice. I have a fully worked Cory FTK here I can sell you if you enjoy his invisible fuming. I know it looks clear, but trust me it's fully worked and is a full colored piece. It's called "invisible ink over Purple lolipop"! I'm pretty sure it's fumed and has some reticello done throughout the can in the invisible ink as well. LOT's of time into it. haha
This piece was also hand etched! sand blasted with virgin moon dust. Unfortunately moon dust leaves such a light etching that it can only be seen in 0 gravity.

I'm interested, if you can send it without a box or packing peanuts. Trust me, it's a special feeling to come home to see your "worked" piece sitting on the driveway in a regular envelope.

BTW, I'm only certain the fuming is invisible in earth's light. I'm assured that on Jupiter, the colors really po(o)p!

Baron23

@mrbonsai420 - While I have no interest in doing business with this fella based on reports, how well are you satisfied with that piece? It looks nice at first glance...is it built well and function well (aside fro the obviously very effective fume coat of invisibility LOL).

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mrbonsai420 - While I have no interest in doing business with this fella based on reports, how well are you satisfied with that piece? It looks nice at first glance...is it built well and function well (aside fro the obviously very effective fume coat of invisibility LOL).

It was a complete joke. I actually do not own any Cory glass and that is not his work. And the only piece I have hit of his was a banger hanger that functioned extremely well and was put together beautifully actually. I have seen some of his work that blew me away! I understand people go through hard times and I try not to judge, I just wouldn't order a custom rig from him. I would however buy a piece of his from a re-seller if I liked it enough, some of his pieces are really nice.

bassplayer

Cory actually sent me a pic of the egg he made for me (or at least he said it was) but that was back on Oct 8th, no word since

zft

He made me a piece when he first popped up on here two years ago or so... and he took 3 months?..(goings months without communication) I finally got it and it was full of flaws for 300usd? (some black flakes, a internal chip, bubbles in the joints, is I also wanted colors and something more artistic and he just put skull and weed millis on it... such a joke...

every time I see this thread (his name) jump back to the top I get salty, support other blowers/

Top Bottom