Cory Glass Designs re/incyclers - high function and affordable?

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I'll add to the conversation coming from a glass blowers point of view. not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone here. Just giving my .02c
Everyone has different needs.
being a glass blower is a physically challenging job. It's hot, it's time consuming, it's also very challenging. I personally will not work with people that are super demanding. I will bet without a doubt that Corey will probably stop taking custom orders once he hears about his name being drug thru the mud. It's a real shame. I don't know the guy, never even talked to him. But I know the stress he deals with. When someone wants something changed or modified after the piece has been started its a nightmare. Then they want another change, it's endless. Not to mention when things don't always go the way you were hoping and you have to remake a piece. These recyclers take about 6 hours to make. Not including the kiln soak. This guy is practically giving these pieces away at the price he is offering them at. I understand that communication is a must for business, but you guys need to understand this guy is probably running a one man show. He takes the order, produces the purchase order, makes the pieces, takes payment, and ships them. All while trying to also have a life. He is not a slave just because you gave him money, but he does owe you a product. All the haters out there please take a step back and try to realize this guy is doing you a favour by selling you pieces at the price he does. If you are really that unhappy with the transaction stop payment and go thru someone who charges 3x the price but has a secretary to answer your every beckoning need. One final thing: a fucking padded envelope? Now that is bullshit!

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I'll add to the conversation coming from a glass blowers point of view. not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone here. Just giving my .02c
Everyone has different needs.
being a glass blower is a physically challenging job. It's hot, it's time consuming, it's also very challenging. I personally will not work with people that are super demanding. I will bet without a doubt that Corey will probably stop taking custom orders once he hears about his name being drug thru the mud. It's a real shame. I don't know the guy, never even talked to him. But I know the stress he deals with. When someone wants something changed or modified after the piece has been started its a nightmare. Then they want another change, it's endless. Not to mention when things don't always go the way you were hoping and you have to remake a piece. These recyclers take about 6 hours to make. Not including the kiln soak. This guy is practically giving these pieces away at the price he is offering them at. I understand that communication is a must for business, but you guys need to understand this guy is probably running a one man show. He takes the order, produces the purchase order, makes the pieces, takes payment, and ships them. All while trying to also have a life. He is not a slave just because you gave him money, but he does owe you a product. All the haters out there please take a step back and try to realize this guy is doing you a favour by selling you pieces at the price he does. If you are really that unhappy with the transaction stop payment and go thru someone who charges 3x the price but has a secretary to answer your every beckoning need. One final thing: a fucking padded envelope? Now that is bullshit!
Hopefully that insight just reiterates to the complainers that they simply need to order, pay and wait. Complicating it with negative posts on FC and sending him excessive messages will only jeopardize it for themselves. Good post.

Radio,
Reactions: cybrguy

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
This is the last I'll say about any of this until some glass in in my hand. I'm an electrician. It's hot in the summer, it's cold in the winter, I sweat, and I bleed. I work with a medium that can kill you in the blink of an eye. I deal with nagging demands from contractors, demands from homeowners, and demands of a home life. I go to work for eight and a half hours and then sometimes I work right after work to make extra money for my wants. I can't make excuses for non production or stop talking to paying customers because then I lose those customers or the contractor just fires me and finds someone else. This all means the loss of money. I don't have a secretary, an assistant, a helper, or an apprentice to help me with any of this. I have to do all this on my own and I still manage to talk to the people I must and get the work done that I have to get done in a timely manner. I am not special. People do this every single day.

I do not believe I have dragged Cory's name through the mud. I feel I've presented my situation with facts and nothing more. I'm not making any of this shit up. I'm not calling the guy an asshole or saying he puts out shit work. Im not saying he's deceitful. I'm saying he could pick up a fuckin phone. As I said, he's been professional in the times he gets back to me and we can actually talk, but those times are sporadic. I have no doubt he's busy, but we're all busy. Life is busy! All I want is either a confirmation of shipping or a notice to let me know there's been a delay in the shipping. Am I really asking too much of a person whose had my order done for two weeks? How is this too much to ask?

Edit: Are these artist specific threads here only for praise and not to discuss any negative experiences? As a community in a discussion forum I thought we were here to try and help each other. If sharing negative experiences is not allowed then how does that happen? If you don't own a piece from Cory or have never done business with him how can you interject any type of experience. If you've had a similar experience with an artist then I'm all for hearing about it. If you're here to force your two cents or stir a pot because you don't like what you're reading then I'm just going to start using the ignore button because your opinions are useless.

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
This is the last I'll say about any of this until some glass in in my hand. I'm an electrician. It's hot in the summer, it's cold in the winter, I sweat, and I bleed. I work with a medium that can kill you in the blink of an eye. I deal with nagging demands from contractors, demands from homeowners, and demands of a home life. I go to work for eight and a half hours and then sometimes I work right after work to make extra money for my wants. I can't make excuses for non production or stop talking to paying customers because then I lose those customers or the contractor just fires me and finds someone else. This all means the loss of money. I don't have a secretary, an assistant, a helper, or an apprentice to help me with any of this. I have to do all this on my own and I still manage to talk to the people I must and get the work done that I have to get done in a timely manner. I am not special. People do this every single day.

I do not believe I have dragged Cory's name through the mud. I feel I've presented my situation with facts and nothing more. I'm not making any of this shit up. I'm not calling the guy an asshole or saying he puts out shit work. Im not saying he's deceitful. I'm saying he could pick up a fuckin phone. As I said, he's been professional in the times he gets back to me and we can actually talk, but those times are sporadic. I have no doubt he's busy, but we're all busy. Life is busy! All I want is either a confirmation of shipping or a notice to let me know there's been a delay in the shipping. Am I really asking too much of a person whose had my order done for two weeks? How is this too much to ask?
:tup::nod: 100,000% CORRECT!!!:nod::tup: ...and now - back to our regularly scheduled broadcast!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hopefully that insight just reiterates to the complainers that they simply need to order, pay and wait. Complicating it with negative posts on FC and sending him excessive messages will only jeopardize it for themselves. Good post.
And it will have absolutely no effect on the people it was meant for. So it goes.

Have most people who intend to use their recycler with flowers gone with a 19mm joint or a 14? I figure you can always use a reducer so a 19 will give you more options. Is there any downside to going with the larger joint?

Last edited:

Meghan

And it will have absolutely no effect on the people it was meant for. So it goes.

Have most people who intend to use their recycler with flowers gone with a 19mm joint or a 14? I figure you can always use a reducer so a 19 will give you more options. Is there any downside to going with the larger joint?

Getting a female joint in 18mm just makes sense to me. It's extremely easy to use a reducer (especially a low-pro) vs. an expander, so I see it as the most versatile setup.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
edit: resolved via inbox.

Let's end this whole back & forth ongoing discussion about his worth ethics please. For those that are NOT customers but are thinking of purchasing something with Cory, be warned. He has not scammed anyone, but the guy has got serious problems with communication. That doesn't bother some people, and it greatly bothers others. Nothing we can do about it apparently. Unless you plan to propose a new system for him to work by or volunteer as a secretary; don't stress yourself out over how he operates. He isn't out to intentionally hurt anyone (I hope)
I trust that Cory is a good guy who will come through, and the dude obviously likes his space so I'll give it to him along with my patience. For me; it's the best approach because it doesn't worry or upset me when he doesn't give me updates or reply to things in a reasonable manner.
As sad as it is as a last resort to working around how he does things; it comes down to us individually having to deal with it.

Peace (hopefully) out.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have been looking for, but have not yet found a pic I remember seeing of someone holding the CGD recycler in an open hand that gives good perspective of size. Can anyone point me to that, or take a pic of theirs like that? Thanks.

This is close. (Thanks @GSH )

But here are the stills I was looking for. (and thank @Herr_Dampf )
33fghkz.jpg

24bj7f4.jpg

So beautius. :)

Last edited:

sasNW

Our boy Sunshine is always shining. I ordered a PNWT k.o. and a double set of 18fm>18fm adapters. Mind you he was my last order prior to him 2 weeks before was my 3 vortex disc A.C. and 2 days before that a bubb from cleanclearglass. Being sunshine was my last order I figured it would show up last, NOPE got em today and the others are stuck in limbo (says Bejing sorting cntr.) Wonder why Mike does have the edge.Coming from China I understand the west coast of US will get their approx a week earlier than here on the east coast,but living in south FL ,we are the red headed step child of getting goods coming from CH (you can add a week to 10 days more due to my super south east location) in a timely manner UNLESS M.Lee is doing the shipping. . .

Makes no sense as to why his shit flys thru and most of the others are as fast as a snail moving on a razor blade's edge :shrug: Hale the SUNSHINE STORE for dependable,trustworthy,expedited business :rockon: Mike Lee you rock!!

Huh:shrug:Wrong thread perhaps? Last time I checked Cory is in So Cal... Not quite china

Last edited:

gigaurora

Our boy Sunshine is always shining. I ordered a PNWT k.o. and a double set of 18fm>18fm adapters. Mind you he was my last order prior to him 2 weeks before was my 3 vortex disc A.C. and 2 days before that a bubb from cleanclearglass. Being sunshine was my last order I figured it would show up last, NOPE got em today and the others are stuck in limbo (says Bejing sorting cntr.) Wonder why Mike does have the edge.Coming from China I understand the west coast of US will get their approx a week earlier than here on the east coast,but living in south FL ,we are the red headed step child of getting goods coming from CH (you can add a week to 10 days more due to my super south east location) in a timely manner UNLESS M.Lee is doing the shipping. . .

Makes no sense as to why his shit flys thru and most of the others are as fast as a snail moving on a razor blade's edge :shrug: Hale the SUNSHINE STORE for dependable,trustworthy,expedited business :rockon: Mike Lee you rock!!
K, i thought I knw what was going on, but now shit went craaaaaaazyyyy. CORY"S IN CHINA ! CORY IS SUNSHINE ! lol but wrong thread I think my friend :)

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
a75zoP2_460sa_v1.gif

Looks like I'm going to sit on this thread for a while and watch the shit fly

I want a CGD recycler at some point, but with his lack of communication and with my lack of knowledge for what I want, I think I'm going to sit back and see if/when the situation changes - by that point I should have more than enough funds saved (woot, fuck combustion!) to make what I want.

Last edited by a moderator:

blankrider

The 10 hours of crickets cracks me up!

It's pretty quiet over here.

No one posting glass they received...

No one saying that they heard from Cory....

No one claiming that this is the kind of crap that you have to put up with to get a $150 recycler with vortex...

Nothing....

Makes me wonder if this thread will fall by the wayside when other artist step up to the plate or if owning a CGD piece is important enough for those defending it to wait for him

gigaurora

The 10 hours of crickets cracks me up!

It's pretty quiet over here.

No one posting glass they received...

No one saying that they heard from Cory....

No one claiming that this is the kind of crap that you have to put up with to get a $150 recycler with vortex...

Nothing....

Makes me wonder if this thread will fall by the wayside when other artist step up to the plate or if owning a CGD piece is important enough for those defending it to wait for him

It's just 10 hours... I think i'm going to unfollow this thread

I expected a 2 month wait on a random piece. Im getting updates every couple hours of people bitching to themselves when its not like cory is even reading this ? You guys have the patience of guppies. UP UP ! my notifications shall be met with twice the interest now ! AND AWAYYYYYYYY

Last edited:

blankrider

Depends what the bet is....

If we had made a bet on me finding a recycler of the same quality, having it blown for me in a matter of days, and having it in my hands in less than 2 weeks time for $150 it looks like I could have won that bet

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The bet is "Will FCers continue to buy and enjoy Cory pieces"? I think they will and I'm willing to bet on it. Has nothing to do with your new guy or anything else other than CGD and FCers. Wanna bet?

blankrider

I don't think that I will bet on that one because there are definitely some members with that crotchety old grandpa attitude that will wait it out and claim that it was worth the wait and not a big deal.

More power to you if you want to go through that but I feel like many others would like an artist who has the time to answer them. Someone who will listen to your needs and blow you the recycler you have been dreaming of. Someone who can give you an honest time line of when to expect your order. Someone with a email. Someone who ships their work in a box. The list goes on...

blankrider,
Reactions: Jared

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Oh, you want someone new who has no following yet. Each to their own. :)

And BTW, I'd also be willing to bet that not all of us who get it are crotchety, but I'll be first to admit that sometimes I am. It's well earned.

cybrguy,
Reactions: sasNW

blankrider

I think that you might have got it wrong. I don't want someone new, I just want someone who can get the job done without having to deal with the bullshit. There are plenty established artist out there treating people with respect. How do you know that the guy I found has not been around just as long? That he is a nobody? How long ago was Cory unheard of? The first I heard was this thread. You have to start somewhere. Think of all your favorite artist. Well at one point they were a nobody and just in need of a chance...

I just want to say that you don't have to be old to be crotchety, and not all old people are crotchety.

And just because you may be old and/or crotchety does not mean you are not cool

Last edited:
Top Bottom