• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Corking your whips?

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
I own a whip vaporizer, and recently I have been remarking about how painful they can actually be. I own the VB which is a great vape, and extremely helpful company, however I have been feeling lately that vapes like the DB and extreme would be much easier to use. My weed almost never sticks to the screen after being packed, unless I use a lot, which I normally don't, this means I need to angle my vape onto something. It barley ever stays the way I prop it, which results in the whip falling out and spilling my weed. This proves very irritating when using water filtration, I need one hand to hold the bong, one to hold the whip and angle the vape, which makes it hard to clear. Sorry for the frustration, it would be interesting to hear some likewise experiences or solutions to the above problems.

While that can't be avoided, what can be avoided is the hassle of not finishing a bowl, and wanting to save it for later. The whip doesn't contain weed well, as previously stated, so I have my eye out for a cork. I am hoping I can begin to cork my whip when I want to save an unfinished bowl for later. This would also allow pre-packing and likewise practices. Just a thought, would love to hear feedback. It may be time for me to buy a vape that's a little easier to use though. I see an extreme Q on ebay for 140 under top rated sellers that's been tempting me for a while. It is a huge package, and seems too good to be true, I don't know a lot about the vape, but I feel like I have heard good things, it's a little less inconspicuous than others though.

PhishCactus,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
I do love the VB and it is a great party vape for when people come over to pack a big bowl and use some water filtration. However I recently purchased a pd for the same reason you said, I wanted to be able to vape very small amounts at a time. However when I pack a big bowl it never falls. Look into a pd or maybe some mini whips for the VB

wowthisisrandom,

Nycdeisel

I had a VB, before I got my DBV, and I must say, that in pretty much every aspect, the DBV is a step up!!
the SSV has THE BEST wand angle of any whip vaporizer, though. You can get 'blemished' SSV models from 7th Floor WITH WARRANTY for a great price from the Higher Elevations ebay store! here http://stores.ebay.com/Higher-Elevations-SSV

the only thing is, they dont include the case, but you can but it separately, in addition from that same store.

Nycdeisel,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I think cork would work just fine...in fact I'm going to try it for odor control

thanks, I don't know why cork didn't come to mind before

VWFringe,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
the only problem is that while i have the money for a SSV or a DB, i have to admit that i know a lot about weed and vapes, but I dont really know the difference between the two above vaporizers..I know generally what they look like though, but I only vape once or twice weekly on average unless it is on vacations, so it's not really necessary to upgrade. I may try a miniwhip though...never thought of it before but it could be a better option.

PhishCactus,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Miniwhips are backordered almost everywhere, you should order them fast if still available at vaporwharehouse!!!
And the SSV has a different airflow (narrower), a higher air/vapor ratio and the best HC angle (as stated by NYCD) of the market. It is still IMHO the best whip vape on the market (though I should receive some few babies this week that might take that place) :D !!
Some very easy mods will make it as conservative as a log vape... and it's a concentrate champ...

FLskwat,

Nycdeisel

IN that case, Just look forward to it one day if something happens to your VB, you will know what to get to replace it if you still want something similar.

the DBV and SSV also have slightly smaller bowls, so maybe you wouldnt have to pack so much and have a lot left over from a session.

Nycdeisel,

MisterSmith

Instead of corking the whip, I just remove the glass mouthpiece and clamp the end with a binder clip

Edit: Oh, you're probably thinking of removing the whip and corking the other end. That makes sense lol

MisterSmith,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I just use two ABV jars instead, one for the darks and one for the still green stuff. On the rare occasion I don't finish a wand I just dump what's left in the green ABV jar so I can use it again later.

OhTheAgony,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
To PhishCactus, I own a VB and it's among my favorite vaporizers even though the SSV is a step up. I enjoy them both. As far as the heater angle with the VB and the weed staying on the screen, the best solution I came up with is resting the back end of the VB on the armrest part of a mousepad with armrest, like this -

mouse_pad.jpg

The mousepad allows you to retain the stability and the angle is greatly improved, weed stays on the screen.

jeffp,
Top Bottom