Cooling vapor without water?

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
I am not a big fan of water tools and was wondering if anyone had a good method on cooling vapor using a log vape without water?

Vape N Bake,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
If you wanna deal with puting in-out the freezer.. get a vapor tamer.... you can either get the 7thfloor or get the cheap weedstar (i have one of those was 5 euro does the job for a single session , but i often forget to put it in so it doesn't get much use.,.

Abysmal Vapor,

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
I thought of the vapor tamer also but like you said I don't think it would get much use. I use a glass direct draw tube with my E-nano and just love the ease of use. Just recently I started a dry cough and have been using my Infamous. Using water helps but I miss the direct draw.

Vape N Bake,

z9

It sounds like a pinnacle water tool would suit your needs well, just use it with a gong on the E Nano. Shredhead has posted videos of himself using his E Nano with the PN Water Tool in the E Nano thread.

You can use it with or without water to give the Nano that direct draw feel while also adding some percolation to help cool down the hit.

Here is the link to the water tool on the VB website but they can be had elsewhere such as Ebay for $100.

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
It sounds like a pinnacle water tool would suit your needs well, just use it with a gong on the E Nano. Shredhead has posted videos of himself using his E Nano with the PN Water Tool in the E Nano thread.

You can use it with or without water to give the Nano that direct draw feel while also adding some percolation to help cool down the hit.

Here is the link to the water tool on the VB website but they can be had elsewhere such as Ebay for $100.
This is probably the best option for that direct draw feel that I am looking for.

Vape N Bake,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
when the vapor expands it will cool off a bit. i changed my 12mm dia by 4" long draw tube for a 16mm dia by 6" long tube and it is noticably cooler. this may be difficult for a log vape -- my herb vial is separate from my draw tube.

Katysax

An Ed's stem on my Arizer Solo cools the vapor dramatically while still allowing good hits.

Katysax,

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
You can get a perfect amount of vapor cooling using any standard small/medium bong out there.
Just don't fill it with water!
I started using my Infamous this way. It is still a little irritating on the throat but not too bad.

Vape N Bake,

SD_haze

I started using my Infamous this way. It is still a little irritating on the throat but not too bad.
For me the, infamous would be even a little too small to fully cool down hot vapor. Would be good for low-temp hits.

Something like 11-16 inches does a fabulous job of cooling.

z9

This is probably the best option for that direct draw feel that I am looking for.

There are alternatives to the pn wt, such as hydra tubes and the knock-off hydratube at glassblowersdirect but they're like 12 inches tall. I'm sure you could get a custom one :shrug: I don't know about using anything with a bent neck on the nano, it might break a gong.

A bong would be ideal (as SD recommended), but I know you want to have the direct draw feel. The small size and relatively cheap price of the water tool make it a good choice; it even has a splash guard! However you can buy bongs for around the same price that would perform better.

z9

I feel like a newbie, what the hell is fog and what exactly does this so called "fog" do?

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

...what the hell...

I determined through some original experimentation that cooling wasn't as determining for me as moisturizing proved to be - and which is only required in minute amounts by the way... If dryness isn't an issue then you may want to ignore this completely. If you don't like the idea of washing your cannabic vapour then maybe fog used as i suggested might be an eye opener.

:peace:

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
Salutations Vape N Bake,

Then it seems we have something to share.

If re-formulated as shown above i'd answer try fog, or consider a self-moisturized pipe perhaps.

What is this self-moisturized pipe that you speak of?

Vape N Bake,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Vape N Bake,

What is this self-moisturized pipe that you speak of?

The "Self-Moisturizing" feature just means no water needs to be added in order to avoid dryness in cannabic vapour. My picture shown below became possible because of basic reactions taking place where butane gas is burned properly:

347ziur.jpg

Those who guessed that's water would actually happen to be correct, though butane burning also produces CO2 as i recall, etc. That's the fundamental principle which makes this type of pipe work so well for me (i use a modded VG Classic): it's not dry!

This picture was created after running my HerbalAire aquarium pump for a while, connected to a VG Classic wooden stem through plumber PVC tubing... The contraption's purpose is to allow easy torch-heating via a separate path from the main cannabic path, as i have 2 stems handy: e.g. i pre-heat with the ball mounted on one stem and then i switch stems for one which has its bowl cannabically loaded... Heat-up time is reduced, exposition to potential butane-related by-products reaches minimal levels thanks to such unusual technique. Overall an inhalation would typically last 2.5 - 6 seconds or so.

The thing is i must mention that my modded VG Classic pipe experiments revealed aspects that weren't as noticeable before, as far as i'm concerned: it's an adventure still in progress! Self-Moisturization certainly being the best one on my priority list.

Last edited:

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everybody,

Time for an update:

4ke23n.jpg

...without water?

Not exactly. There IS liquid water in the bottom-left accessory but my cannabic vapor never passes through it: the Arizer Elbow Adapter tube enters this spheric cavity well above water level, where moisture from a boiling-hot generator mixes up with the precious cloud (once cooled further, because of the bubbling action), etc...

Anyway, it definitely appears to me that moisturization can do wonders for coughing cases, though abuse of this method may also cause some perceptible throat irritation on the long run. So, i'm not sure how this performs under normal conditions but i invite the reader to explore this alternative to water-washing.

ADDENDUM:

Here's a closer view:

t0jlnt.jpg

:science:

Last edited:

Wizsteve

have to admit that looks kool.

but there are easy ways to cool down vapor just add a herb chamber to end of the whip works wonders
something that can hold 1 to 3 grams .

if you have a forced air vaporizer you could hook the whip to a condenser and run ice water thur it with a pump run the whip in a manson jar thur the lid and back out (to collect pure oil) but their may not be anything left to vape lol.

Wizsteve,
Top Bottom