Cool music to vape to, you know the tunes that move you

Status
Not open for further replies.

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Love running across Radiohead in my collection....:clap:

Been overdosing on these guys today:

And last but not least...a venue packed with so many pasty white trustafarians your couldn't swing a ganja plant without hitting a dozen of 'em.

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Back when I was in Grade 10 in highschool I was trying to make a hotmail account and every name I could think of was already taken. One night my parents took me to one of those "gifted children tests" where they put you through a bunch of test to try to identify any special talents or mental dexterity one might have. One of the tests had a this random word generator which would create words you needed to pronounce. "centizen" was one of the words and the only one that I really liked, so I took that as my user name, thinking I wouldn't be able to get much more unique than that.

Funnily enough, I've actually met other centizen's online who got their usernames the exact same way.

And my avatar is the cover to Dream Theaters Metropolis Pt2; Scenes From A Memory. One of my favorite albums from one of my favorite bands, it's essential listening for any prog metal fan. This CD art, is one of my favorite pictures, all of separate images or "scenes" if you will (all referencing event in the album), coming together to form a bigger picture.

Dream Theater rocks!

I'm sorry I was so short with my first answer in this thread. I've been really sick, but that's no excuse at all.

mod note: This and 9 other posts moved from the Describe-your-avatar thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

lwien

^^ Thanks kindbeats.....Very nice.

Reminds me, about 3 weeks ago, I saw a documentary on Ginger Baker (Beware of Mr. Baker). The guy is fucking nuts, but man, can he play..............Originally a jazz drummer but I don't think that rock ever saw the likes of him before.

Last edited:

lwien

Ginger Baker is dead. They just dig him up every once in a while to do a concert or some interview.

Cream might be my all-time favourite band. Could be Jethro Tull though, depends on when you ask.

Saw Tull during the Aqualung tour. Had 4th row center seats. Amazing...........

Never got a chance to see Cream though :(. Their live jams were legendary.

Some slight 'offtopic-ing' still from me as well,so sorry!:p
The edit-button went away just a tad too fast for this stickler for details...;)
The constant and abundant intake of Cannabis through vaping flowers and concentrates(and occasionally through baking products as well) is the only thing keeping me from going completely insane on this messed-up slice of reality
it should have been of course!:rant:;):lol:
Gotta love that so many of us chose usernames and or Avatars that reflect our love of music.
As the Man sorta said "Music and Herb the Healing combination" !!!!
It sure is,i actually thought yours was somehow connected to :
One of the tracks on http://www.discogs.com/Various-Skank-You/release/446491,
some great songs on there for me.
Tuttle is after the renegade repairman in the movie Brazil. The world needs more of those ;)
We certainly do!
Love that movie,for those of you that haven't seen it,here's a bit with Robert de Niro as Harry Tuttle in it :
:lol:

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Woah. Stoked to see that there are some drumming fans in the house! :nod: I'm just going to respond to DanAndroid's questions and leave all the drum talk in this post.

You could soooo rock a double bass pedal. Do you have one but didn't use it in the vid or have you not tried one? If you haven't, you should!

I used to play double pedal and still can if the project calls for it. These days, it's just more of a personal preference to play single. Here's a quick clip of a product shoot I did for a cymbal company. I hadn't played double pedal in over a decade but they specifically requested it for one or two of the video clips which were meant to showcase one of their more metal sounding cymbal lines. It was fun as hell to revisit those metal days. :rockon:

These days, I do use multiple pedals but not bass pedals. I play single pedal on my bass drum but have two sets of hi-hats set up, as well as a pedal that allows me to hit a cowbell using my left foot. You can hear an example of the cowbell foot thing towards the end of this improv solo. I botched the transition for a second but such is life. :p

Drum on!

DanAndroid

Of no particular interest
Sorry to kinda sorta seque out into left field but this will be my last comment on the subject but, I just gotta say ...

Scary SOLID display of drumming!!!

You got serious skillz!!!!

Most drummers I know need a bass player to keep them together, you are tight by yourself.

That said, I'm not a drummer although I do play the conga.

My main vibe was the Trombone slushing my way through jazz and Latin. I haven't gigged for a few years though but moving half way around the world has a tendency to have to rebuild connections.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
That was an especially nice listen! Thank you very much!

Although definitely styled differently than Kintaro, there are transitions and nuances that are similar in many ways.

I definitely like it and again, thank you for sharing it.
Glad you enjoyed it! I'm nuts about his music, so I'm always happy to hear when someone else enjoys it.

After releasing that album he put together an excellent live band, including keyboardist Adam Holzman who once toured with Miles Davis in the 80s (I'm a keyboardist so it's of particular note to me :tup:). There's an excerpt from a live DVD on youtube that unfortunately has poor audio quality, but it's worth watching to see how well they bring the music to life and how tightly they play together. Drummers take note: Marco Minnemann is fantastic.

A highly recommended experience if their tour ever comes your way. They just finished this year's round, but they play all over the world and I imagine they'll be on the road again next year. :tup:

I'm having trouble finding what Kintaro is, by the way. I'd love to hear!

Maybe you should post it in the "Cool Music to Vape to" thread, though… I don't want to tick off Pakalolo. :uhoh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom