• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cool music to vape to, you know the tunes that move you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
Watermelons in Easter Hay - - - Frank Zappa
1983 a Merman I should turn - - - Jimi Hendrix

Pammy-Days,

Purple-Days

Bigfootisreal, if you like Tool what do you think of Clutch? Burning Beard, The Crowd Goes Wild ? ;)

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Clutch is awesome... so are the side projects... The Company Band and The Bakerton group

DevoTheStrange,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Shit, now I get to show my age.

First and foremost, the vast majority of what I listen to is live recordings such as....

the good ol' Grateful Dead. I am surprised no one mentioned them yet. You can't go wrong with any of the 73 live recordings they put out (this is not counting anything released as mp3's, check out the holy scriptures known as 2 From the Vault and Dicks' Picks 4).

JGB - My Funny Valentine, Tangled Up in Blue

Bob Weir/Kingfish/Ratdog - just about anything

Santana - Lotus (Europa), Moonflower (Europa), and Buddy Miles (As the years go passing by).

Yes - anything live

FZ - any You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, FZ Guitar, Shut Ups.

Humble Pie - Performance, Rockin' The Fillmore (I Walk on Gilded Splinters)

Mountain - Twin Peaks (Nantucket Sleighride, Theme For An Imaginary Western so beautiful it will make you cry)

Hot Tuna - Jack and Jorma from The Airplane

Genesis but only with Peter Gabriel (The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Foxtrot/Nursery Crime)

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - a Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World medley so beautiful it will make you cry

Roxy Music - Do The Strand, Both Ends Burning, A Song For Europe

Allman Bros. - Eat a Peach, Live At Fillmore East (can't get enough of Mountain Jam)

Dylan - just about anything

The Band - ditto

Festival Express (a concert docunentary featuring the Dead, the Band, Janis, Buddy Guy, etc....touring southern Canada)

Stomu Yamashta's Go - all star band with Steve Winwood, Al Di Meola, Michael Schrieve

Al Di Meola, Di Meola-Mc Laughlin-De Lucia (tha acoustic super trio, may be too fast to hear)

Return to Forever - early Al Di Meola (with Chick Corea, Stanley Clark, Lenny White)

Travelling Wilburys - 3 albums, every song is at least great

The Clash - London Calling

Pearl Jam - any of the fuck the concert promoters live recordings

David Bowie - pick em

Jimmy Buffett - try to see him live b4 you slam this pick

Billy Joel - Theme For An Italian Restaurant

Pfunk - funk did not exist b4 them

Miles Davis - pick em

Dizzy Gillespie - ditto

Max Roach - ditto, imo the greatest dummer who ever lived, by himself he does what gd or abb does with 2 drummers

Art Ensemble of Chicago - it does not get any spacier

Lester Bowie - Gods' trumpet player

Floyd - Sid material preferred

Muddy Waters - anything

Buddy Guy - ditto

Willie Dixon - ditto

SRV - died way too young

Irakare - A Cuban all star jazz band (when they played the Chicago Jazz Festival they blew the headliner OFF THE STAGE)

Beuna Vista Social Club - a documentary film about Ry Cooder gathering aging Cuban musicians and touring with them, they are amazing

The preceding is far from complete but is a decent snapshot of what gives me eargasms.

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Hey all!

There is another thread that has a lot of good vaping music, but I like keeping the one CB started as the main one (it has a much cooler name and he was a cool guy probably missed by many). So, I figured I would link it in this one so all can enjoy the music others (like myself) have contributed.

Enjoy!

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=612

Progress,

vaporlicious

"Gotan Project" has some amazingly soothing and relaxing music. A really unique combination of instrumental, trance, and tango.

vaporlicious,

flanman

two that i find are always good to listen to are consider the source and explosions in the sky. both are instrumental and worth a look.

flanman,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Happycamper,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Depending on mood and situation the musical selection varies, but I do enjoy the vinyls I have when vaped up.

I like all the bands mentioned and almost any song they play, the songs next to them would be favorites.

Pink Floyd- Money
Jimi Hendrix- All Along the Watchtower
Kansas- Carry on my Wayward Son
CCR- Fortunate Son or Someday Never Comes
Fleetwod Mac- Don't Stop or Rhiannon
REO Speedwagon- Keep on Lovin' You or Take it on the Run
Journey- Wheel in the Sky or Don't Stop Believin' (of course)
The Who- Pinball Wizard
Led Zeppelin- When the Levee Breaks
Boston- More than a Feeling
The Edgar Winter Group- Free Ride or Frankenstein
The Rolling Stones- Get Off of my Cloud
Bob Marley- Three Little Birds
The Police- Don't Stand so Close to Me
Stevie Nicks- Edge of Seventeen (Did not coincide with Fleetwood Mac)
Jack Johnson- Constellation
Disturbed- Inside the Fire
Seether- Remedy
Rage Against the Machine- Bombtrack
Sublime- 40 OZ to Freedom
Fischerspooner- Natural Disaster

There's much, much more but I don't feel the need to continue. Hope you guys like the list :D

The_Other_Shoe,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Reminds me of a story during my college days. The late seventies incarnation of Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band were playing at my school and my friend Scot drove to the airport to pick up Don Van Vliet. I asked Scot how it went, and he said "very strange. he's a very strange guy. he said nothing in the car. i put on some music and he turned off the radio. he said 'i hate music.' then he just looked out the window, said nothing at all."

jeffp,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
He was probably just on the verge of a meltdown. I usually have one about every four weeks or so. :lol:;)

Happycamper,

hopandstop

"A Brief History of Love" by the Big Pink is a great callback to the best of the mid-nineties rock mixed with a little drone and shoegaze. Great stuff.

hopandstop,

Qbit

cannabanana
Tipper.

Some streamable tracks here. I suggest Jibber Jabber. Funky warped shit.

WARNING: MAJOR BASS.
(No, really - I mean it.)

Qbit,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom