Cool music to vape to, you know the tunes that move you

Status
Not open for further replies.

02llse

vtac said:
Great post, pv. You don't fuck around musically. I've been spacing out to your friend's tracks, sick flows.

Always nice to hear something fresh, my playlists don't see much variety these days.

:buzz:
I second that. It sounds like your friend has a good thing going for him.

02llse,

xyu

I'd just like to throw this out there, and feel free to toss it right back.

Has anyone spent any significant time listening to Vinyl while vaping? It wasn't until I started enjoying a little herb did my sense of music finally start to mature. The quality with Vinyl is just on another level, and when you compare it to a 128kb mp3, it's laughable.

To the task at hand in no particular order.

Daft Punk - Alive - Interstella 5555 (Movie) or Discovery
Animal Collective - Merryweather Post Pavilion
Panda Bear - Person Pitch
The Features - Some Kind of Salvation
Delta Spirit - Ode to Sunshine
Sublime - Sublime
Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
Smashing Pumpkins - Adore, Machina, Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie.
Margot and the Nuclear So & So - Animal.
M83 - Saturdays=Youth

I could go on and on, but this is a good start.

xyu,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
check out Massive Attack "Mezzanine" - very cool trip hop, great for walking around baked. Think Sade in an insane asylum meets Hawkwind.

hopandstop

Speaking of trip hop, Why? is a part of the Anticon group. They're a collective of independent and experimental hip hop/trip hop/indie rock artists. Why? is one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbDqN0qYbk4

Trippy video for one of their better songs. Awesome.

If you like check out Subtle, DoseOne, Hymie's Basement, Fog. Great stuff.

hopandstop,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
very cool, thanks..
check out a 3 cd set called "erotic loungue" - very mellow trippy vape music...
also Tunguska Electronic Music Society...
also a series called "You Don't know Ninja"
Jeff

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Not sure if this is a new thread but this subject bears dutiful discussion beyond Bob Marley and Pink Floyd me thinks.

Latest vape faves:
Massive Attack/ "Mezzanine"
Tunguska Chillout Grooves vol. 2 - Jamendo
Boards of Canada
George Duke/ "Faces in Reflection"

Mod note: Thread merged.

jeffp,

hopandstop

Nice list jeff. I tend to listen to stuff that is all over the place when I'm vaping. Don't like so much switching around when I'm not.

Aloha- Light Works
Antony And The Johnsons- The Crying Light
As Cities Burn- Come Now Sleep
Baby Panda- Avalanche Kiss (Awesome...)
Kept Blue- Confessions Of A Sexual Masterpiece (hard to find but great eltro-pop craziness)
My Own Private Alaska- MOPA (piano and screaming...)
Xiu Xiu- Women As Lovers

hopandstop,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I just picked up Easy Star All-Stars new album - Easy Stars Lonely Hearts Dub Band.
its a Dub Reggae version of the Beatles St Peppers album...
I enjoy the hell out of Easy Star
they also have dub albums of Radioheads Ok Computer (Radiodread) and Pink Floyds Dark Side (Dub Side of the Moon)

DevoTheStrange,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I listen to Tool :D.

Lately I've started listening to The Mars Volta and some other random bands (mostly that I've seen open for or play with Tool now that I think about it) like King Crimson and Atmosphere, but I always end up back listening to Maynard. I bought an xbox and guitar hero and love to go all out on the 3 Tool songs on that whenever I get really vaked :cool:

Speaking of Tool, I was going to drive out to the show in AZ but I'm afraid of vaping or anything in that state, especially en route to a concert or anything. I really hope they add some dates in CA or the rest of the west coast.

Durden,

hopandstop

The album "Mount Eerie" by The Microphones is epic.

Actually, check out all their stuff and albums by Mount Eerie (same guy in both groups). Awesome and unique stuff.

hopandstop,

hedgewitch

Anybody remember the radio show guy, Dr Demento? I bought a cd of a collection of songs from his show. It has the smoke-off by shel silverstein, and just a bunch of really funny songs. I can't help but laugh at these, they are funny and I cannot possibly be in a bad mood when I'm listening to this. :lol:

hedgewitch,

lwien

hedgewitch said:
Anybody remember the radio show guy, Dr Demento? I bought a cd of a collection of songs from his show. It has the smoke-off by shel silverstein, and just a bunch of really funny songs. I can't help but laugh at these, they are funny and I cannot possibly be in a bad mood when I'm listening to this. :lol:
Used to listen to him when he was on the radio.

lwien,

hedgewitch

Yea, you knew you were up late if Dr. Demento was on. Then he was on Sundays for a while, then gone.
Some songs were pretty stupid, but most were at least clever.

hedgewitch,

Choism

masejl12

I would have to say my top bands to listen to while chillin out would be Pink Floyd (just about all if it, David Gilmour is a genius at the guitar), Incubus, RHCP, & you cant forget Bone Thugz N Harmony.... play a good long mix of that and your set.

masejl12,

Bigfootisreal

I love Tool! There seems to be a lot of Tool fans in this forum.

I like pretty much everything except country and pop. I like a lot of underground hiphop. Some of my current favorites are DOOM (and all of his alter egos), Del, and pretty much everything Madlib has done. You guys should check out the albums Quasimoto-The Unseen and Madvillain-Madvillainy, they are incredible! Quasimoto is an alter ego of Madlib but he also produces and raps as Madlib on the album (Quas is the higher pitched voice and its kind of annoying at first but once you get past that the music is great)

Quasimoto-Bluffin': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdur7odHUfE
Madvillain- America's Most Blunted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jytxkJUM_7U
Madvillain- Rhinestone Cowboy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4iR668Ki3I

Bigfootisreal,
Reactions: VapoRoor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom