Cool music to vape to, you know the tunes that move you

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
tell me have you heard that latelllyyy :love:
massive Drake fan, specifically that album!
Same, this is the only album I really think he nailed.

FAM HERE
DRINK HERE
GIRLS HERE

WELL FUCK LET'S GET IT THEN

Nobody got some love for some good old classic hip hop? I see you folks love drake i can't seem to take him seriously..
He's a "singer" but a rapper?? hip hop artist?? He's a pop singer IMO should have called his genre hip-pop lol.
Personally i don't listen too much to mainstream music the lyrics don't do it for me, not even made by the artist himself it's just too obvious.
This dude would shatter his career into pieces http://www.lyricsmania.com/mic_mastery_lyrics_7l_and_esoteric.html enjoy.
Oh no you didn't - don't hate on Drizzy man! It's not just necessarily about what fits into the classicist version of hip-hop. I tend to look at Drake a little bit like the Kanye of Canada these days, more a curator with great taste than anything. Take Care really evidences this - you get to see Drake thrusting his (admittedly alternative) flow between some top-notch production and unlikely collabs. I never thought I'd find a Rihanna song I'd like until I heard the title track. The R&B-leaning side of hip-hop takes flak, seemingly, just for existing. It's like trying to explain Deafheaven to traditional metal fans. I personally am a huge fan of PBR&B artists like Autre Ne Veut, and of alternative hip-hop like Why? or Bilal, but ALSO of everything on the other end from Madvillain to De La Soul, from Deltron 3030 to Mobb Deep. And it's perfectly okay to like... say, both Del and the Weeknd, or Kendrick and Frank Ocean. Or Drake and 7L & Esoteric (never heard them before tbh) for that matter. It's not one or the other - it's music, haha.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
The only shit thing about Drake is the random Nicki Minaj verses on his albums
edit: didnt post a song. sorry bout that
this is all i've got :shrug:

Radio,
Reactions: JeeSee

Blueberryyumyum

Oh no you didn't - don't hate on Drizzy man! It's not just necessarily about what fits into the classicist version of hip-hop. I tend to look at Drake a little bit like the Kanye of Canada these days, more a curator with great taste than anything. Take Care really evidences this - you get to see Drake thrusting his (admittedly alternative) flow between some top-notch production and unlikely collabs. I never thought I'd find a Rihanna song I'd like until I heard the title track. The R&B-leaning side of hip-hop takes flak, seemingly, just for existing. It's like trying to explain Deafheaven to traditional metal fans. I personally am a huge fan of PBR&B artists like Autre Ne Veut, and of alternative hip-hop like Why? or Bilal, but ALSO of everything on the other end from Madvillain to De La Soul, from Deltron 3030 to Mobb Deep. And it's perfectly okay to like... say, both Del and the Weeknd, or Kendrick and Frank Ocean. Or Drake and 7L & Esoteric (never heard them before tbh) for that matter. It's not one or the other - it's music, haha.

I don't hate him.. I just find him ridiculous. Yeah it is music.. but ignorance is a bliss...
He claims to be a rap artist he's not a rap artist he's a pop singer or r&b singer..
Like i said i personally don't like listing to mainstream artists, alot of mainstream artist don't even make their own lyrics.
They just come in the studio sing whatever the industry made for them. Just give me that money.
What happend to real artist who listen to themself and not a rich industry that tell them what to do..
Kanye was a great producer and artist, but now he turned into one of the worlds biggest hypocrits.
I don't know what happend to him but he always wines and cry's that he gets too much attention.
But everything he's dedicating he's life too is to get too much attention, he doesn't want attention but he's married to the biggest celeb w***e
Their are dedicated rappers out there that know their history, that know the real truth, Lupe Fiasco, Immortal technique, Wu tang..
And then you have the hollywood rappers, you know you can shove a blanket on their head and pretend like it's a good thing..
Don't get me wrong but some need to step them bars up we have plenty of good rappers nowadays and this is what we have to see..
We don't wanna see rappers that actually perform and make music for the people that actually don't give a f*ck about hip hop..
It was orginally made as a form of music for poor people to express themselfes not for poor people to try to make rich people happy.
Once hip hop became a billiondollar industry so many of them became a tool, do whatever they say, whatever they want, just give that money..
They become a tool to richass corporations, all a sudden cats don't even care about the music, they care about first weeks sales etc..
Corporations nowadays tell you what album you have to like or to buy, what's important that week, what's relevant what's not...
They don't even listen to the music or give a f* about what the music is, You gonna fall for them telling you that lil wayne is the best rapper?
The way they measure what's relevant is who's getting the most money spent on them, and who you think is spending money on them??
People who don't give f* about you, the hip hop culture or even lil wayne.. If he's dead tomorrow they are going to be like ooh we gonna make more money.
Look the way they did with 2Pac, they maked money on him for 15 years after he died, they don't give a f* about us..
Anyway props for mentioning De La Soul, i checked these two rappers kendrick lamar and elzhi last week they seem the legit mainstream rappers nowadays.

Last edited:
Blueberryyumyum,
Reactions: f2j
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom