Cool Music to Vape to - Part 2

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Well we had quite a busy music week here in the Port City. Wednesday night Coheed and Cambria made only their second appearance ever in Maine, their first at the State Theater. I was worried about turnout, but thankfully it was packed, a tattooed, sweaty, mostly young, mosh-happy bunch of folk. Or as I call them "my people". My 17th Coheed show, my wife's 12th....we both agreed it was about as intense as we've ever seen them. They're doing a few warm up shows in small places before the summer festival circuit, and they are on fire. Serious old school setlist too. A seriously intense orgiastic symbosis of crowd and loud music and guys with lots of hair. Good times.

LUfu2OQ.jpg

Coheed and Cambria - Junesong Provision (live Neverender 2008)

Friday night was Spoon's first appearance ever in Maine, and our first time seeing them. Really great show, though probably would've been better before Coheed and not after it (ten minutes in my wife says "Coheed are a tough act to follow"...um, yeah! :lol:). But these guys are great, the whole band gels nicely and even has a few extended moments. (There's also more keys than I thought...one full time keys guy and another who plays guitar and keys. A couple songs had no guitar at all, which surprised me.) Place was packed but what a different crowd...so clean cut and well-groomed that they kinda unsettled me, frankly! We missed it, but after the show a local bar hosted a Spoon cover band and Spoon themselves showed up and played a couple rare tunes. Maybe they'll even come back to Maine! :p
HHJXeyF.jpg

Spoon - TV Set (live)

http://pitchfork.com/news/60049-spoon-performed-at-a-spoon-cover-bands-party-in-maine/

And after all that, I blew off Slayer at the State on Thursday, because at my age I just cannot do three nights of concerts in a row, even when it's only four miles from the house. Lame, I know! :lol:

Top Bottom