cool movies to watch vaped

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
indigal said:
Watched "Down by Law" for the first time. Great movie to watch with a projector & screen, vaked. I realized I really need to buy better speakers.
I have an older TV and rather than my investing in a home theater setup a bought a used set of computer speakers with a subwoofer for ten bucks and hooked it up to the back of my tv with an adapter and the difference is night and day. highly recommended.

a good stoned movie is "x - the man with x ray eyes" with ray milland.
he's a deranged scientist who overdoes it with the eyedrops he developed to improve vision.
eventually he can see through women's clothes at parties.
he keeps going to see further.
eventually he sees through the center of the universe and it ain't pretty.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
or check out
"Funny Games"
- about two golf enthusiasts who terrorize a vacationing family.

jeffp,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
indigal said:
Watched "Down by Law" for the first time. Great movie to watch with a projector & screen, vaked. I realized I really need to buy better speakers.
"I am a good egg!!"

DevoTheStrange,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
"The Dentist" was a good movie.

"I am a good dentist. Hell, maybe the best dentist there ever was!"

jeffp,

indigal

Amongst the corn
lwien said:
indigal said:
Thanks! Just put that in my queue on my library requests.. :)
After you watch this, could ya do me a favor and report back if you thought that it was a happy ending or a sad ending. For me, it was both. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
I will-
I had to skim past a few posts so I didn't get any spoilers there..

indigal,

indigal

Amongst the corn
DevoTheStrange said:
indigal said:
"I am a good egg!!"
What's going on in here Bob??

indigal,

indigal

Amongst the corn
jeffp said:
indigal said:
I have an older TV and rather than my investing in a home theater setup a bought a used set of computer speakers with a subwoofer for ten bucks and hooked it up to the back of my tv with an adapter and the difference is night and day. highly recommended.

a good stoned movie is "x - the man with x ray eyes" with ray milland.
he's a deranged scientist who overdoes it with the eyedrops he developed to improve vision.
eventually he can see through women's clothes at parties.
he keeps going to see further.
eventually he sees through the center of the universe and it ain't pretty.
We basically have the ghetto version of the home theater: used refirb projector from work, free. Dalite 100" diag pull down screen $20.00 new, case dented. Sound system = crappy laptop speakers, no subwoofer. I want another set of these: http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/klipsch-promedia-2-1/4505-3179_7-9807237.html But can't get them at my discount anymore.. not that they are expensive at retail.

I may have to check out that movie recommendation too-

indigal,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Ghetto home theater - that's pretty funny.
Ten bucks should do it from craigslist for a set with subwoofer. I think what I have are Altec's which had good reviews, an older set.
There is an adapter you need, a Y adapter. Not a big deal.
If you wanna go ghetto full tilt, I think we need those things that were popular in the early 80's - like a magnifying screen that made the TV picture twice as large. It was fine enough as long as you didn't view the TV from an angle.
Reminds me, in the mid sixties before color TV became standard, you used to be able to buy these colored plastic sheets that you placed on your black and white TV screen - blue on top, green on the bottom, forgot what color in the middle. As if to replicate the full splendor of color TV. This was before the internet, of course.

jeffp,

foolie

Not a movie, but 'It's always Sunny in Philadelphia' is one hilarious show when blazed

foolie,
G

Funniest-national lampoon's vacation.
Scariest-the cube.

Guest,

jimbo

winterize
I just watched Martyrs the other day, one creepy movie... As
for a funny ass movie i'd have to say Super Troopers.

jimbo,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
^^^ great movie always gets me laughing. Shit man smoke some ivory :ko:. "I figure if I study high, take the test high, I'll get high scores."

As to avoid a double post, I'll go ahead and say this, I can't wait to see the new Alice in Wonderland. I think it will be an amazing movie, and the previews and everything I have seen so far lead me to think that it will be great. Maybe we could start a thread for new and upcoming movies, but that may just be a bit too much, maybe. Not in the mood to go through all that trouble making another post :lol:.

The_Other_Shoe,

itriplots

2 great foreign movies Ive recently found on the watch instantly netflix:

Dead Snow. A norwiegan zombie flick where the zombies are nazis. Very gory and entertaining. A great zombie flick all in all.

Ben X. A movie out of belgium about an autistic kid who becomes obsessed with an online roll playing game. He meats a girl on it and falls in love, and after getting bullied his whole life he decides to start to fight back. Just netflix it, i didnt think it would be that great when I read the summary, but it was rpretty good.

itriplots,

Ash

vaporist
itripots, on the recomendation to view Ben X I went to put it in my queue. It was lready in there. I have way too many flicks in my queue. :lol:

Ash,

HerbalSquirrel

IckyStickyStuff
Guys - Best Film for growers! :) I absolutely love this one. don't know if it was already mentioned - but I just have to mention it again!!

"Growing Op"

Hmmmmm :) All time Favorite!!

HerbalSquirrel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
So, okay, as far as scary movies, there were a couple back "in the day" that really tripped me out::o
Night of the Living Dead (original)
Joe
I Am Curious Yellow
Brain Scan

Fun movies to watch:
The Matrix
Across the Universe (may be too much of a chick flick for you guys)
Kill Bill/Kill Bill 2

Comedies:
Caddyshack
Trains, Planes & Automobiles
Death at a Funeral

Just a few of my all time favorites.

momofthegoons,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yeah the original Night of the Living Dead tripped me out - as a matter of fact my friends and I were tripping on acid when we saw it together at a midnight movie showing back in the day.
I remember the theater was packed with like minded psychedelic explorers; during the gas station scene my friend Jack, from behind, grabbed this girl Rhonda's hand to bite - it scared the living shit out of her.

I honestly consider this movie an all around better movie than The Wizard of Oz and Citizen Kane; both highly overrated in my opinion, in fact I find Oz basically unwatchable and obnoxious, except for the black and white part in the beginning.

"Carnival of Souls" is recommended if you like creepy...

jeffp,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
I saw the first aliens schrooming .when the baby ALIEN came out of the guys chest. I jumped ten feet. the one I remember most is clockwork orange dosed. I laughed so hard my gut hurt. :cool:

jackstraw62,

indigal

Amongst the corn
lwien said:
Just saw, Let the Right One In, a Swedish vampire flick. If you're into this genre, it's worth checking out. Very good film.
lwien said:
indigal said:
After you watch this, could ya do me a favor and report back if you thought that it was a happy ending or a sad ending. For me, it was both. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
lwien said:
DevoTheStrange said:
in the book the old man is explained, and plays a larger part than in the movie. He is an extreme pedophile. Eli tolerates him because what he can do.
Ah.........see, now I got to get the book. Is it a good read?
Finally got & read the book last weekend, very good imo. Finished it in two days. Kept my attention!
Now I need to get the movie and compare. I put it on hold until I could catch the book first.
We are in the line at position #11. Libraries are great & free, but you have to be patient.. Except with the fuckers that scratch a dvd and don't report it- or steal the whole Nick Cave cd collection that's waiting for you in the hold section.. :/

indigal,

sour

I just watched "Away We Go" directed by Sam Mendes while vaked. Very touching movie, made me thought about me and my girlfriend, and having children etc. Normally I watch thrillers, scifi, or action movies but I took a chance with a romantic dramedy.. was pretty good too.

itriplots said:
2 great foreign movies Ive recently found on the watch instantly netflix:

Dead Snow. A norwiegan zombie flick where the zombies are nazis. Very gory and entertaining. A great zombie flick all in all.

Ben X. A movie out of belgium about an autistic kid who becomes obsessed with an online roll playing game. He meats a girl on it and falls in love, and after getting bullied his whole life he decides to start to fight back. Just netflix it, i didnt think it would be that great when I read the summary, but it was rpretty good.
Someone should start a thread about Netflix watch instantly movies. We can recommend good movies for other users to see while vaked.

sour,

indigal

Amongst the corn
lwien said:
indigal said:
I must have missed the hoopla about the movie- the wait list on the Lib was long, and rotten tomatoes gave it 97% !

Edited- we are talking about Let the Right One In, 2008 in Swedish w/ subtitles

Great movie, thanks for the tip- it led to me reading the book first, then watching the movie. One of those rare instances that the movie was in it's own way- almost better than the book. They both are great, and the book is darkly entertaining. However, the movie was able to leave out some of the side-plots and Stephen King/Anne Rice-ian comparisons and still tell the story with the great subtle acting of the two main characters.

They really stayed close to the main story in the movie- very well done on every count. And I also thought the end was bittersweet. Love conflicted endings.

indigal,
Top Bottom