cool movies to watch vaped

kalinga

Just saw City of God. A must watch.

Spoiledbyvolcano, you're right about Microcosmos. Fantastic.

kalinga,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I would have to agree on pretty much all the movies said, the only movies I can't agree with are the ones I haven't seen but personal favorites are...

Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Supertroopers
Grandma's Boy
Fight Club
Memento
Pulp Fiction
How High

and of course the trilogies, Star Wars, LOTR, Pirates of the Caribbean.

And whoever mentioned Poltergeist, that movie freaked me the fuck out the first time I saw it, really bad, but great movie.

The_Other_Shoe,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
lwien said:
What was the most scary, intense, thought provoking movie you ever saw when you were blazed?
Exorcist

for some reason, Funny Girl pops up in my mind. Madelene Kahn just makes me laugh. I remember leaving the theater with my mouth hurting from laughing too much.

macbill,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
For intense and thought provoking check out "Wait Until Dark," the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre," the original "Night of the Living Dead," "Funny Games." For trippy fun check out The Monkees "Head" and check out "Skidoo" for sixties LSD comedy. Saw "Orphan" the other night - I liked it. Also "May" is really good. "Pink Flamingos" is a must. So is "Frank Zappa's 200 Motels."
Also check out "Tales of Ordinary Madness" - based on a Bukowski short story.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
"Last Night" - very absorbing and thought provoking. It's the end of the world and it's the world's last night and this is how people in a city experience it. A sudden urgency in all directions.
Sandra Oh is great as always.

jeffp,

Plotinus

Anything at all by Hayao Miyazaki, but especially Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away.

Also, I quite enjoyed Apocalypse Now under the influence, even though I had seen it a half dozen times sober.

Plotinus,

reece

Miyazaki. Most Definitely. I haven't seen his latest release though.

Maybe I missed it but I can't believe no one mentioned Blazing Saddles.

reece,
G

Watching subtitles while sober isn't that great, I'm not sure doing it high would be that much better.

Guest,

Beezleb

Car Wash while super blazed is a great thing.!

reece said:
We watch it regularly. Well maybe 3 or 5 times a year but I am with you on that.

I mix my own disk with music I like and I mix in funny clips and use some clips from blazing saddles as well.

Beezleb,

reece

Beezleb said:
Car Wash while super blazed is a great thing.!

reece said:
We watch it regularly. Well maybe 3 or 5 times a year but I am with you on that.

I mix my own disk with music I like and I mix in funny clips and use some clips from blazing saddles as well.
Where are the white women at?

What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?

:lol:

reece,

toutvabien

DevoTheStrange said:
but my favorite too watch whilst high is Alejandro Jodorwosky's Holy Mountain
This.

I'd also like to add Dario Argento's Inferno, a film that I find to be particularly striking (compositionally and structurally) while high.

toutvabien,

edamame

vaporist
I saw Stop Making Sense for the first time recently while high, it was pretty amazing. Although I got very, very concerned and paranoid when David Byrne came out in the 'big suit.'

edamame,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I like Dario Argento's 1985's "Return of the Living Dead" alot...
As an aside, have you seen the movie "Angish"? - that is far out and I only wish I would have seen it originally in a theater.
David Byrne and his brand of manufactured eccentricity doesn't really do it for me, but if you want to see something truly funny, weird and cool, check out
"The Thing With Two Heads" - starring Ray Milland and and Rosie Grier, from '72. The ad line which sums it up:
"They transplanted a white bigot's head on a soul brother's body!"

jeffp,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
jeffp said:
I like Dario Argento's 1985's "Return of the Living Dead" alot...
As an aside, have you seen the movie "Angish"? - that is far out and I only wish I would have seen it originally in a theater.
David Byrne and his brand of manufactured eccentricity doesn't really do it for me, but if you want to see something truly funny, weird and cool, check out
"The Thing With Two Heads" - starring Ray Milland and and Rosie Grier, from '72. The ad line which sums it up:
"They transplanted a white bigot's head on a soul brother's body!"
I thought Return of the Living Dead was a Dan O'Bannon film, as far as I know Argento had nothing too do with it... Argento produced Dawn of the Dead. The only thing in 1985 that Argento did was Demons and Phenomena (Creepers)

DevoTheStrange,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
DevoTheStrange said:
Happycamper said:
This is a good zombie film, the ending is good. (ps it is based around big brother, but give it a chance, it's really good).

Hopefully this link works and you can get all the other parts from here as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXlc3rUN4ZQ
What movie did you link, Youtube wont let me watch it due too US Copyright restrictions.
I had a feeling it might do, it was a film on youtube from channel 4. I'll have another look and see if there is another place to get it online.

Happycamper,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
still have not said what movie it was. What is the title? Or is just some random program made for TV?

DevoTheStrange,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
a few nights ago i turned a couple of friends onto Pink Flamingos - amazing to watch their stunned expressions through the movie.

jeffp,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
DevoTheStrange said:
still have not said what movie it was. What is the title? Or is just some random program made for TV?
Oops, didn't realise i didnt say the name.

It's called Dead set, been looking all over and the only place i cand find it is youtube, but placed there by channel 4 so it will be the same problem and wont show out of UK. They keep deleting every other version.

Happycamper,

StickyShisha2

vmx02f.jpg

StickyShisha2,
Top Bottom