• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Converting to a vaporizer....

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
So, obviously, being a vaporizing forum, we all vaporize (some exclusively I'd assume, if you are speak up)!

What were you before you were a vaporizer? A joint toker? Bowl smoker? Bong enthusiast? Maybe vaporizing was your first method? Blunts? Spliffs?

Before I vaporized I use to be a bong guy.
I'm was also a huge fan of spoons.
I've always had a knack for nice glass and over my few years of smoking have already compiled quite the collection. My glass doesn't get nearly as much use as it use to, and only just recently have I added to the collection (a Blue Dot bong and another nice sherlock).
I rarely smoke out of the bong as my VaporWarez has begun my main mode of tokin'. :p

Well, what about you guys? What were you before a vaporizer?

Darth Vapor says...
050411_darthVader_hmed2_3p.hmedium.jpg

Join the Vape Side!

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Bongs and pipes for me pre-vape days. Use to roll joints years ago and have had flats where spotting was the prime delivery method (two hot knives) but for the last 10 years it was bongs and my protopipe. Starting vapping in Dec 07 and in the last 6 months I have had one night at a gig where I was offered several J's (lets get the muso stones they prolly though ... haha I was already ripped!) which I didn't mind puffing on and 3 weeks ago a shared a J with a person I only just found out smoked.

At home its 100% vaporizing and on the road I will only combust to be social.

vaporcloud,

SuperTorch

I had only smoked rarely before when I was younger 7 years prior to 2007(thats all there was back then). I saw Vaporizers on the net and thought....I bet that make the whole style a lot more cleaner. I don't smoke cigs(gross) I only drink 2x a year a most. The vapor concept really interested me. I ordered one that I thought I'd love - The VaporStar - and it rocked the house as expected. Problem was I was only planing to Vape for about a month then slow way down but that turned into a year. I'm on a sabbatical right now and plan to go 6 months with out getting intoxicated. I'm a recreation only but the Vaporizer Method enabled me beyond my belief, I'll take a nice break then I'll vape on a recreation only basis, this time I'll make it stick.

For me Vaporizing made me use a lot more, since there was even less hang over than smoking. The smell was gone and it seems like the whole stigma(for those that feel that way - me kinda but I do like the effect when I'm alone) was reduced so much that I just did it WAY more than when I use to smoke, I don't know if thats a good/bad thing, but I do know Vaporizing Rocks and its my method of choice by far, but it did increase the frequency of my use. A Lot. I just never felt it was wearing on me.

If I had to give any warning regarding Vaporizers I'd say beware your probably going to be using more, since it improves the whole experience from top to bottom. May just be me though, have you guys found yourself in a increased frequency of use since you got your Vaporizer?

SuperTorch,

tokinGLX

i started smoking when i was 22
didnt ever really learn how to roll a joint so i always had a glass pipe or bong handy.

after getting my first vaporizer(vapor bros), after a week of straight vaping, i didnt want to smoke anymore. been vaping pretty much exclusively ever since

tokinGLX,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
vaporcloud said:
At home its 100% vaporizing and on the road I will only combust to be social.
Make me 80% @ home, but yes, I only smoke a lot when I am in a social gathering. I don't mind it but boy, I wish my other friends would get a friggin' vaporizer!!!! :brow:

If I had to give any warning regarding Vaporizers I'd say beware your probably going to be using more, since it improves the whole experience from top to bottom. May just be me though, have you guys found yourself in a increased frequency of use since you got your Vaporizer?
I find a lot more time devoted to getting high. But I am not high for more time, if that makes sense. It's a process with a vaporizer. I enjoy the process, it's similiar to the rush I would get milking a giant bong. I love taking nice thick vapor hits and enjoying the taste and feel of the vapor.

I've always been a frequent user (1-2 daily) even before I vaped (it's no different now), so even if your use does increase -- at least your vaporizing.

TokinGLX when was the last time you toked some smoke? I'd love to be able to smoke a bong with the famous TokinGLX. :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Smoked 2 joints with my best bud around grade 7, think that would make us ~12. Remember it clearly, felt like breathing in fire, unforgettable night, I remember eating snow for hydration. Growing up it was all combustion-- homemade bongs, spliffs, pipes, whatever, we were chronics. I remember hearing about some vaporizer device back then (not sure which one... the Volcano wasn't on sale till 2000 according to wikipedia), but it was more of a mythical thing back then... no one had one. Also started smoking cigarettes at ~13 :disgust:.

At some point ~7 years ago I had some epiphany and realized how terrible smoking cigarettes was and quit cold turkey. Fell off the wagon for a few months a year or so later and quit smoking everything after that. Guess it seemed hypocritical to continue smoking MJ if I really wanted to really make myself hate smoking and even smoke in general so I'd never start again.

Vaporizing since mid 2007. I'll stop short of saying it changed my life, but I'm probably in the best physical shape I've ever been in and vaporizing has allowed me to enjoy one of my favorite things again, really a godsend.

Old friends look at you funny when you wave off a joint passed to you, but I'll never smoke again.

vtac,

tokinGLX

SpiralArchitect said:
TokinGLX when was the last time you toked some smoke? I'd love to be able to smoke a bong with the famous TokinGLX. :lol:
it was probably just over a month ago.
couple friends came over and we did a one gram challenge.
we vaped a gram, and then smoked a gram.
the smoking part, it was unanimously agreed upon, sucked. we were smoking out of a bong, pipe and joint. the first half of the joint was the best, then it got real assy real quicklike. the joint was just terrible and the bong was only slightly more tolerable.

one of the friends couldnt make it the whole way through smoking, he just plain didnt want to burn any more. he loaded up the couple bowls he had left into the vape. that first hit back on the vape(from the ssv) put a huge ol smile on his face.

tokinGLX,

max

Out to lunch
I started with joints. Had a bong for a few years, but got tired of spilling bong water and the smell of it even when I wasn't spilling it. Smoked a little wood pipe with a locking flip top for many years. Very stealth for a pipe. I could take a little hit, close it up, hold the hit, and there was very little smoke. A few years ago I began to smoke less. Just got sick of the smoker's cough, lack of lung power, etc. Since I discovered vapes the only times I've smoked have been the rare occasions when I felt the need to 'try before buy'. Then it's just one or two hits at most, and 'where's the mouthwash?' :disgust:

max,

Purple-Days

Started smoking (weed and cigs) in the early '70s. Been a heavy user ever since. Quit the cigs a long tome ago.

Joints were my specialty when weed was affordable. Zig Zag whites
were my usual choice. But I always had a pipe of some sort handy.

As the stuff became expensive I moved to small hand held pipes only and capped the bowl after every hit.

Got our first vape in 2003. Maybe tried combustion 5 times in as many years. Sucked every time.

A visitor tried to pass a pipe to me the other day and I said, no thanks. I'm sure it was good stuff, but . . . they looked at me like I was from another planet as I explained vapor and loaded a tube for them. Darth Vapor has another new convert.:lol:

Purple-Days,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
If I had to give any warning regarding Vaporizers I'd say beware your probably going to be using more, since it improves the whole experience from top to bottom.
That sums it up for me.

vaporcloud,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
i'm 45 YO now, i started @ 17, loved my first smoke(joint) & never looked back, ive never thought of it as something i had to do, just something i "Wanted" to do, It was mostly homemade bongs, Glass/plastic everyday & A few months ago i felt my old habits were getting me down even more, Feeling a state of decline from Smoking(lung function) & Drinking Grog(nasty Bowel) I was compelled to try Vaporising Again> Thankfully 2 Months of solid vaporising has made Huge Improvements for me, Previously Coughing up (really Feral like) on evry bong, My dealer offered me a Cone(bong) yesterday, initially i politely refused, then i thought, why be a Nazi about it, & I had a small one, A big surprise,It went down Really easy, Obviously I want to reamain a Vaporist, but it's good to know my lung function has been improving in way's other than more power& better Breath when im cycling. Definately A Converted Unit here :) :whip:

Oh & it's so good to not feel desparate to get back to the Bong, It's like way more casual now It's Sweet, like it should be .

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Theres considerable Irony in it, ive Never regarded Cannabis as A "DRUG" (defiance Possibly), but i have to admit i have been pursuing Drug behaviour most of my life till now( My Opinion). Different story now i vaporise, I can comfortably say I don't "DO Drug Behaviour", Or my persnal Fave "i dont smoke anymore, i gave up the ciggarettes& smoking Dope too" ( with my Tongue firmly in my Cheek :lol: )

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
heh, im more litteral in my approach... i even call tylenol ans antihistamines drugs... cause thats what they are

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Oh yeah same here, I refer to things like Morphine as Dangerous "Drugs" of addiction, but you know me "Crazy Talk" grain of salt hey hehehe

Yeah those Wonderfull expert's "doctors" perscribe them so they must be Ok hey, I mean You "DO" Trust your Doctor don't you.

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ive found that i can be far more deceptive telling the exact litteral truth than i could be telling a lie, much like your "i dont smoke weed" thing... its true, but youre really just using a connotaion that exists in a persons mind against them... thats my favorite strategy. i love semantics

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Fuck Yeah, Use "Their" Bullshit Against Them, Thats the Beautty of Vaporising your Cannabis, Because your Thinking clearer youv'e got an "Edge" you may not have had while Smoking, The Capacity to be Cool Calm And Collected, nice isnt it when your Knees arn't shaking & great thought's "Don't" elude you, until after the event. :)

To take a lttle something C_D said, Some people deserving Lung Cancer etc. fuck yeah Smoker's & Booze Drinker's that blindly Accept Cannbis is A "DANGEROUS DRUG" & the Primates that throw Cannabis Users in jail, All those DickHeads deserve a Miserable Death, A long painfull one @ that, I mean theve got Morphine Etc @ their disposal havnt they(Fuckyou im right, thats how it goes isnt it, thats normal right?) :whip:

Cannabudz,

Purple-Days

Remember it is a drug, and it is your choice and your right to consume. Just like Aspirin that can Kill. Or Benadryl or inhallants or tobacco etc, etc,,,

A fellow named FZ said, " Call any vegetable . . . only you will know, ... unless it's you ' might tell them so..."

Yeah, 'I used to smoke.' . . .

Cut my 'freak flag' a long time ago. :cool:

Purple-Days,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
whenever dealing with "Difficult people" one needs to tell them what "They" want to hear, That includes family smoking dope, who don't want to hear you, Shame about the latter, but what can you do, You have UR own Head space to deal with hey. :lol:

Cannabudz,

marvel

(some exclusively I'd assume, if you are speak up)!
Yo. Haven't smoked once since getting my vape. Never want to again. Nasty.

Before vaping, I preferred a small glass pipe. Loved the bong but always got too strong of hits. Holy fuck I want to hook my bong up to my Extreme right now... I can totally bong now without overdoing it!!! Fuck yes! Sorry, I am high off my ass right now.... wow... Anyway, my point was, I liked the little pocket sized glass pipes.

marvel,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
I really want a Huge Ass ROOR bong( E accessory) my Lungs are getting Much stronger now, Some of my Family R smoking Dope, around me, i used to lean in and breath the side stream up(loved the smell), But now it's like i'm thinking :disgust: @ the smell, It's just not the slightest bit appealing to me now. :)

Cannabudz,

marvel

If I had to give any warning regarding Vaporizers I'd say beware your probably going to be using more, since it improves the whole experience from top to bottom.
That sums it up for me.
Oh, heck yes, for me as well. I'm a fiend now... totally lovin' it...

Now, that warning only applies to casual smokers. Those who dabble in mj from time to time will tend to get bigger into it once they start vaping. For heavy smokers, the warning doesn't apply to you; in fact, it's the opposite: You'll be using less weed for the same highs, so your monthly budget will drop. Depending on the person, a vape could well pay for itself financially...

marvel,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
It amazes me (especially Now) that people are happy to Pay $ over $300.00 an ounce for a product to acheive 30% of the effect there after, & look @ me getting virtually 100% and say ooh too intense/scary , I know if i'm paying so much money it had better do something spectacular or worthwhile, or i just wont see the point. IT "Blows" me away when someone who claims to put $2 million up their arm in Hammer can be distrurbed by the thought of BHO or vaporising for better effect, fucking "crazy" i think.

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
marvel said:
That sums it up for me.
Oh, heck yes, for me as well. I'm a fiend now... totally lovin' it...

Now, that warning only applies to casual smokers. Those who dabble in mj from time to time will tend to get bigger into it once they start vaping. For heavy smokers, the warning doesn't apply to you; in fact, it's the opposite: You'll be using less weed for the same highs, so your monthly budget will drop. Depending on the person, a vape could well pay for itself financially...
Totally agree with it all Bro, Ive got a Plasma (42") that would not be here if i had not started vaping 2 months ago(no bullshit) I got it for the Olympics, Funny hey couldnt wait for it to finish(Big Triumph for Fascism in HD) just Highlights all the way thru except for swimming,BORING, just bit's of this & bit's of that(selected Authorised Moments of TV) But anyway yeah i have real (sort of) Material changes here since "Converting" yeah more Money to spend on other things, instead of Whinging like my mate who spends every cent on Cannabis ( that was me too, so i'm not too Smug hey) :D

the reason i never had Glass on Glass bongs is i had no money, because it all went to the "DOPE" dealer.

hehehe ive been buying cool clothing to "look the part" :ninja: dvd's (vaping stuff uno seeds & stuff :lol: ), b4 it was just like food & put up with the holes in my Rags :lol: , Priorities Right :lol: yeah Fuck combustion all right :whip: Fuckit rightoff

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
And to top it all off BHO WOOFUCKINHOO, Knowledge is GOOOOD mmmK :p

I said to a Mate the other day, If i could Tell you how to get Three times the distance with your Petrol"Money", would you be interested, & he said Hell yeah, Then i said why don't you seem interested in getting three times more out of the cannabis you pay a lot more For(this guy, prolly $20 bucks per week for petrol,VS $100 to $170 per week for Bud ) I said I'll Give You to use My vaporite& U can start to make changes for no cost, from Now, And he's still resistant to change, Basically not interested( this bloke lived with me recently, so he knows of "My changes")

Fuck what do you think, this Bloke deserves the misery of Depression, Followed up by a quick death from Cancer for stupidity or sheer BloodyMindedness or what, this is the same "mate" who likes Jim Morrisons qoute " your all a bunch of Fucking Slaves ( ps, I felt like i was one for 20 odd years, i feel like a free man now but) I believe iv'e been enslaved by "MY Choices" most of my adult life, however thing's R different now ThankFuck,

Freedom Of Choice :bigleaf: :whip: I agree with the addage Freedom isn't taken away, Its given Away. @ least in Oz :brow:

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Glad i Didn't Fuck around Waiting, with buying my Extreme, I just noticed the $AU Currency has Dropped, The E now cost $350.00 + postage if your an OZy, I'm sure Glad i just went with it & took a risk , rather than the Wait and see approach , The funny thing is that Extra $50.00 might just have stopped me, Dumb Hey, Cause i know it's worth the money, But you know the unknown, oooh Scary :lol: ironically i fear much less in general now :)

Im even planning to get back into learning to surf, last time i was "Trying" i Broke my nose( & almost my Neck) on a sandbank with a closeout BOOOM, it scared the Shit out of me, but yeah like i said fear is a different thing these days, And I can "Think" things thru better now, and "BE" in the zone, Much different head space for having a good go @ surfing again. The Lungs R in heaps better shape this time round too, very important when i'm being "Worked" in the surf, to me anyway :)

Cannabudz,
Top Bottom