• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Convection application for MLFB-type Screen Heater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everybody,

Just wondering...

Is there such a thing as a set of twin glass pieces engraved with complementary maze channels which can force the airstream to go through a screen heating element multiple times in the manner suggested by my little schematic illustration below?

25iqibc.jpg

I figure maybe it wouldn't need to be totally airtight to allow switching from radiative heat to convection mode, correct? Plus wouldn't that help with heat retention to store some in between until required?...

:peace:

Last edited:
Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everybody,

I was reading this passage just a few moments ago:

...some sick ass limited edition collab "super enano". Just a thought!

Here's another i gathered while visiting Ratchett's personal page:

« ...the only food-grade material available is ceramic, which might work, but the design requirements for that material to work properly are much too large... »

Hummm...

Well maybe (at least to me in any case), maybe it's possible a Super e-Nano should correspond to my idea of a LavaeNo (i just made it), after all!

{ It's becoming a habit i guess... }

:ko:

Anyway the e-Nano Heat-Exchanger is a coaxial tubular structure, apparently. Correct? Well, lets imagine ceramic with grooves forming veins/walls capable of directing airflow... If that flat structure illustrated below could be enhanced one more step by wrapping it around the heater element then it would heat up the ceramic which would in turn radiate and conduct heat from that heater. Right?

Also, why not implement a set of 3D spiral channels in the process, in order to augment transit time in such hypothetical heat-exchanging structure. And finally (almost):

Who knows... Even some sort of food-safe holow cylindrical ceramic sponge with hybrid properties that remain to be explored today. Go figure!

:science:

Then give that masterpiece its last elite touch by choosing a metal jacket made from a Curie-effect alloy screen, so it becomes "IH-Compatible", eventually. Euh...

:cool:

But maybe it's no plausible option at the moment. Cells would be too big perhaps, etc. Whatever. I can only wonder.

106.gif

In any case i'd be ready to bet the existing food-safe 3D printed ceramic can at least support, well... I suppose 2 ~ 3 air channels per inch if one needs to be conservative. That's a couple revolutions around the heater already, while at the moment it goes straight there.

Ah, and i almost forgot: wouldn't a light-weight screen-like Heat-Radiator - or even better, an IH equivalent - heat faster as a result of the lesser mass? E.G. potentially less energy might be required to reach a target Curie temperature i mean... In other words less matter should require less power and eventually open the door to portable applications. No?...

Which would bring me back to the A.C./D.C./IH (and beyond!) universal power Lavae-No!

:peace:

Last edited:
Egzoset,
Reactions: Stu
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom