• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Consumption Stats - Combusting vs. Vaping

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
vapirtoo said:
charliedontsurf, That's the only frank zappa album I ever owned and loved!( I ain't jiving )
With vaping I can do it every day with no regrets. I still have an urge to combust,
but that's just my body/mind missing all of those nasty toxins.
I can function and be social on a light vape high; a combustion high
makes me self concious and paranoid. Vaping has allowed me to save
some money and get high more often. The launch box has allowed me
to get vaked in new and wonderous places- NYC aquarium- . :lol:

The NYC aquarium visual in my head just half way sold me on getting a launch box. The unsold part is based on paranoia of driving back on the belt parkway vaped. Not that it would present any difficulty, except that driving buzzed is the same as driving drunk in the eyes of the law and that would ruin an otherwise splendid day. Actual risks do make me paranoid and it's a sense of blessed relief when I arrive, when I do drive. I understand what you're saying about smoking make you self conscious & paranoid; not so much with vaporizing. I'm not sure how the high I get from edibles makes me feel in that sense - I just don't remember to be honest. And if it does, it's simply one of a myriad of sensations and thoughts I'm experiencing. I know that when I do feel those things I've grown up enough to welcome them and see them as an opportunity for greater self understanding. I don't think the vaporizing high is lighter than the smoking high, but it is cleaner and it climbs, it is more floaty than debilitating. I find resolving complex dilemmas sometimes effortless, I find that when I'm doing a creative project especially with a friend that solutions effortlessly unfold in my mind as a visual, as opposed to when I'm straight and everything is intellectual and shallow.
I don't really take serious note of my combustion vs vaping consumption differences except that when I'm using the PD it blows me away how little I've used.
Three years into it and it still blows me away. Realistically when I'm using a whip vape there is definitely less herb used than when combusting but it's not as dramatic a difference as with the PD and there's also the factor of how much you milk the load with the whip vape - meaning, how many times do you stir it, do you raise the heater level as you go along - at what point do you acknowledge that the bowl is spent? That said, I may treat myself to a launch box and one of Ed's luxury launch box stems to go along with it.

OO

Technical Skeptical
measured the amount i typically use in a sesh today. the grand total is 0.035 grams.
which means that a gram lasts nearly a month if i use 1 sesh per day.

OO,

Empherio

Arbiter of the Arbitrary
I'm a dedicated vaporist, but I have no intentions of giving up combustion. The two disciplines live happily together in my practice- combustion used mostly for the speed of effect and minimal prep, while vaping is for more relaxed and savory sessions. I have a Model419 pipe that is so fucking awesome I would cry if I had to be without it and the same goes for my mflb, Kia, and Incognito.

Consumption-wise, I estimate vaping uses approx 1/4 less to achieve equivalent effect. The difference for me is not very large and I might even be overstating it, because I try to be as efficient as possible when smoking with my shiny lidded pipe (really, I can't overstate how sweet the 419 is). I can take an equivalent amount in either my pipe or my vape and get where I need to be, combustion is just faster, particularly when using ground material. That's not to say that it is "better", since clearly there are a lot of undesirable components in smoke, but hey, no one lives forever.

Empherio,
OO said:
measured the amount i typically use in a sesh today. the grand total is 0.035 grams.
which means that a gram lasts nearly a month if i use 1 sesh per day.

BAMF. I find myself huffing my vapor bong much more then I ever found myself conbusting. I would say I'm higher for more of the day while using pretty much the SAME amount of tree with vapor then opposed to combustion. I wish I could give exact weights but to be do truthful my scale's batteries have been dead since the start of the new year.

biojuggernaut,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Just a thought, there are people who feel more difference between vaping vs combustion in a negative way, meaning they feel better with the combustion high, and there are does who have the exact opposite reaction, resulting in using more or less herbs.

Could it be that the ones who feel the "negative difference", are the ones who usually smoked with tobacco or who have/had a tobacco habit?

What do you guys think?

vorrange,

TriiKLe

Manufacturer
word!
LivingInSpin said:
OhTheAgony said:
I honestly don't now how you people do it.

There is a secret. Don't let it become a habit. Mentally decide to change it from a habit to an activity. Something you do as a positive choice, not a compulsion.

Unless it's your meds, and that's another story.

TriiKLe,

Errol

Star
vorrange said:
Could it be that the ones who feel the "negative difference", are the ones who usually smoked with tobacco or who have/had a tobacco habit?

What do you guys think?

I smoked tobacco mixes for 35 years, until the day my Solo arrived 6 months ago. I have not used any tobacco since, and my herb consumption has dropped by half. However, I do think vorrange has a point. That first day, I vaped the last of the tobacco mix I had, and got quite a quick kick from the nicotine. This leads me to think that much of the fast hit from a smoke is from the nicotine and combustion products like carbon monoxide. Former tobacco users could well miss this and feel they are being less affected, and so use more.

I have found though that while the vaping effect can feel less intense at first, you have to watch it; really it is as intense or more so, but it takes a little longer to build up. So I would have a couple of bowls, think "hmm... not much happening" and have another couple, by which time the first ones are really starting to roll and next thing I'm dozing off :ko:.

Errol,
Reactions: grokit

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well my usage has decreased a lot since i start vaping but also the prices and the amount i posses "_". In my combustion time i've had stashes 3 + KG(20 $ a kilo.. LOL good old times ). :D .. No it is not more than a gram usually :).

Abysmal Vapor,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
My usage increased with vaping but only because I enjoy it so much more. I was a joint a night kinda guy for years with maybe a few bowls in between here and there. Now, shit....I hit the vape once an hour or so throughout the evening. I would say between my wife and I we cash about a grammy to a g and a half a night. By the way....I am totally OK with my usage increase - my wife says im much less of an asshole when stoned! :nod:

synche

The main reason I bought the DBV was to decrease usage through increased efficiency. I was hoping I could reduce my consumption from 3-3.5g/day to about 1.5g/day.

My expectations have been exceeded. With my modified set up of using an 18mm/14mm reducer with a 14mm/14mm m/m adapter as the bowl I am vaping less than a gram a day, and getting higher than when I was smoking 3-3.5g/day.

synche,
Reactions: Snappo

Symbolik

Vaping is definitely the future. From conservation to health to ABV theres nothing about vaping I don't like,

Symbolik,

ThisIsBrutus

Where I come from smoking hash in tobacco-joints is the norm and tradition, it is also around 1/2 the price of quality bud.I have only been vaping for 2-3 weeks, and I have gone from 1.5g combusted hash to 0.5-0.7 vaped bud a day. So that's a relative 1/4 saving, although it evens out at 1/2 when considering I'm buying bud twice the price of hash, which is still very nice with the health and practical benefits of vaping weed!

Pappy

shmaporist
:myday:
Time to chime in once again. My consumption has been all over the map since originally posting this. Much depends on the vape, herb, water tool, and setting. My desktop vape of choice, the VXL Evo, isn't the most efficient. I typically cook 4-5 .33g ELBs a day equaling 1.3 - 1.7g per day. I vape through a bong.

Away from home usage patterns and stats alter. The Solo is my vape of choice and I generally eschew water tools. A Solo load is .16g, half that of the Evo, but it gets me about equally high. I attribute that to the lack of water tool, pure vapor, and fact you have to work the Solo harder to get a decent hit.

On the road with the Solo using 4 loads a day I'm averaging under .75g a day, halfing my usual daily load at home.

Pappy,

420time

Lol I understand what you mean.^^. When I use my pinnacle pro each load is around .2-.35 and my solo is .1-.2 which gets me equally as high. If I use the pinnacle pro it'll be like 5 bowls a day and if solo it'll be 5-6 bowls, which is around 1.2-2grams a day. Solo just uses the least amount and gets me more stoned and more flavor. Yes it depends on which solo you have, each model has different air flow restriction, mines is m106 and all I do is move the stem pushing it to one which while inhaling gives me the perfect airflow.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I fall into the category of going through about 2x the material while vaping and I am going through my stash twice as fast. I think part of my issue is that I really like the way my Plenty hits; but it is a bit inefficient for a single user as it works best to finish a bowl in one seating. Affects last for several hours, but I am still going through a lot of material...

FlyingLow,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
FlyingLow, the Plenty needs plenty of material to get thick hits which is part of what you crave.

The Lotus will set you straight. ;)

On top of that, it takes a while for your organism to readjust to a different set of cannabinoids. Enjoy the low temps now, something that you always missed in combusting: taste!

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Do you guys keep spreadsheets or what? I don't even want to know my annual total. The statistic I'm most interested in is this one: 0% combustion, 100% vaporization.

syrupy,

Pappy

shmaporist
Do you guys keep spreadsheets or what? I don't even want to know my annual total. The statistic I'm most interested in is this one: 0% combustion, 100% vaporization.
I track how much I buy, follow my usage, and am very curious about the efficiency of the various vapes I use.

Pappy,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

Yes. It helps me manage consumption and see patterns of consumption as well.

vorrange,
Reactions: Pappy

Grim Chiclets

Finally feels like I'm off combustion after 4-5 months of straight vaping- effects have increased, no tolerance to speak of..

2.4g over 8 days :D
Pretty happy with this

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: Pappy
Top Bottom