• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Constipation

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I will probably never be physically dependent upon opioids specifically because it requires less opioid consumption to provide me relief (from immense pain) than it requires to cause constipation, and because it requires less opioid consumption to cause constipation than it requires to cause physical dependence. Thanks to gabapentin poison, though, I have dealt with constipation for a few months now; even though I have taken no more than 200 mg on any day for a few weeks. I can't deal with any more of it.

Since I have to assume constipation caused by pharmaceuticals is fairly common among people who frequent this board, I thought I'd share some tricks I've learned from dealing with constipation caused by gabapentin poison, as well as a little common sense:
  • Drink as much water as possible; stay hydrated. This may mean don't drink liquids that cause dehydration (like coffee and beer).
  • Before heading to the bathroom, lie down on a couch (on your back) and press firmly (massage) the area between your belly button and your junk. I think my objective when doing this is to reshape what's trying to get out of me; to decrease its diameter.
  • On the toilet, once it feels like Mr. Hankey is about ready to visit, use a couple fingers to press firmly on the upper crack area (and maybe some neighboring areas). You probably won't have to touch either Mr. Hankey or your asshole. But if you do, who cares? You have soap and water.
I have experienced nasty opioid-induced constipation, but it only happened when I was in the hospital, taking two Percocets (10 mg of oxycodone) every four hours (or 60 mg of oxycodone per day). As soon as my broken leg pain became bearable, I decreased my daily dosage to 1/2 or 1/3 of that. Constipation soon stopped.

If you have any tips or tricks, please share. Because fuck constipation.

Last edited:

Squiby

Maintaining a natural position to evacuate can be a God send. This device places you in a crouch position rather than a sitting position when on a toilet. It may feel weird at first but very soon you realize that it is the proper position and evacuation becomes much much easier.

https://www.amazon.com/Squatty-Pott...8&qid=1492882524&sr=8-2&keywords=Toilet+buddy

Some very effective and safe natural remedies are vitamin c powder and magnesium citrate. When taking therapeutic amounts of these to supplements, you are advised to take to bowel tolerance. This means you take enough to produce a soft stool. It's safe, effective and good for you. The amount needs to achieve bowel tolerance is different for everyone and is dependant on your state of health. Start with a spoonful of one or the other or both in water and take more later in the day and the next day until you achieve success. Then maintain that dose. Nice soft fluffy stools every time.

DeeCee5

Livin' La Vida Loca in FL
+1 on Squatty Potty. Everyone who sees it in my bathroom laughs.... until they try it out.

I also include a Docusate pill each morning. Docusate (common name Colace) is not a laxative, but a stool softener.

kuzko

Fiber One bars... eat 2-3 a day and constipation will go away haha. Just don't eat too many. Warning: causes extreme flatulance.

organicali

+1 on Squatty Potty. Everyone who sees it in my bathroom laughs.... until they try it out.

I also include a Docusate pill each morning. Docusate (common name Colace) is not a laxative, but a stool softener.

Another +1 on the squatty potty. Life saver. Also try various high strength probiotics, they will often clear me out.

You can also consider fasting, letting your GI system just process whatever is in there sitting around and reset itself.

Lastly, if you consume a decent amount of caffeine, try taking a break. When I stop drinking coffee I poop like a king.

organicali,
Reactions: Squiby

Baron23

Metamucil every day helps...in large glass of water.

When I was last on narcs for an extended time I thought I was a rabbit trying to pass those little hard pellets. Sucked....really sucked.

Hate that shit.

dm591

I've found that nuts (cashews, peanuts, almonds, pistachios), really help me go. I also take fiber gummys (2 gummys equals 5mg of fiber)

VapurrDo

i think asians poop like that i saw it in a brucelee movie (squatting on toilet, feet on the rim)

VapurrDo,
Reactions: steama

Poostuff

Please delete
People don't like to talk about constipation because of that old saying...whatever happens in a constipated bowel stays in a constipated bowel.

esrever

Herb: best aphrodisiac and stereo tweak on Earth
Wheat grass powder, in tablets or powder mixed in water.
It's good for you, plugged up or not.

esrever,

Whisper

Oatmeal, I like the steel cut. Nuts, fruits, berries. I drink a lot of water. Salads work too. Exercise, helps. These are the things that have been working for me. I really try to" work" it. There is always OTC, if I feel the need. So far, I've been able to handle it naturally.

Elbuort19

Kellogg's All-Bran Buds are what we use. I've lived with several problem shitters who tried many kinds of fiber supplements and probiotics only to come back to the buds. Fiber One bars are pretty good but All-Bran Buds at the same serving size of 25g has more than 2x the fiber. If you compare it to other fiber cereals you might be deceived into thinking they stack up because most give their nutritional info based on 1/2 cup or 2/3 of a cup but Buds lists their fiber content based on 1/3 cup and still has more fiber.

The secret weapon! You will shit your guts out with these...read reviews for a laugh! Do not give these to anyone you wish to keep as a friend.
https://www.amazon.com/Albanese-Can.../B00DE4GWWY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Elbuort19,

C No Ego

Spirulina - use for constipation... it is healthy too

edit- the science = micro algae increases intestinal flora ....

Last edited:
C No Ego,

Tranquility

Kellogg's All-Bran Buds are what we use. I've lived with several problem shitters who tried many kinds of fiber supplements and probiotics only to come back to the buds. Fiber One bars are pretty good but All-Bran Buds at the same serving size of 25g has more than 2x the fiber. If you compare it to other fiber cereals you might be deceived into thinking they stack up because most give their nutritional info based on 1/2 cup or 2/3 of a cup but Buds lists their fiber content based on 1/3 cup and still has more fiber.

The secret weapon! You will shit your guts out with these...read reviews for a laugh! Do not give these to anyone you wish to keep as a friend.
https://www.amazon.com/Albanese-Can.../B00DE4GWWY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Opioid-caused constipation is not the same as "normal" constipation in that peristalsis is weakened. Some commentators recommend psyllum and other bulk forming laxatives should not be used to aid movement for this type. Kellogg's All-Bran Buds might not be the best to ameliorate the problem as the fiber it contains is not the right type to help the problem.

Top Bottom